Source: safalta.comThe candidate should have a fair idea about the Olympics, the performance of Indian Athletes, and the history of the magnificent games. If you are preparing for competitive exams then you can download our General Knowledge Free Ebook Download Now.
- India has won 35 medals at the Olympics since the 1900 edition.
- India made its first appearance in the Summer Olympics in the year of 1920.
- The recent Olympics i.e the 2020 Summer Olympics are the most successful Games for India since its first regular Olympics appearance in 1920, with Indian Olympians winning 7 medals.
- The Indian Olympic Medal Tally was a mixed bag of Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals. With Neeraj Chopra winning the first track Gold Medal for India.
- Though the Tokyo Olympics were held in the year 2021, they are officially referred to as the Olympics 2020.
- UPSC IAS Cut Off 2022: Check Out The Expected And Previous Year Cut Off!
- IAS Eligibility Criteria
- IAS Officer Salary
- PCS Officer Salary
- EPFO Exam Pattern
Also, Download These Books For Effective Preparation for Exams:
List Of Indian Olympics Medal Winners 2021Knowing the complete list of Indian Olympics Medal Winners is important when you are preparing for a competitive exam. A lot of questions based on this list can be asked in various examinations:
|Gold medal in Men’s Javelin throw
|Silver medal in women’s 49kg weightlifting
|Ravi Kumar Dahiya
|Silver medal in men’s 57kg freestyle wrestling
|Bronze medal in women’s singles badminton
|Bronze medal in women’s welterweight boxing
|Bronze medal in men’s 65kg freestyle wrestling
|Men’s hockey team
List Of Gold Medal Winners From IndiaIndia has won 10 gold medals at the Olympics. The men’s hockey team itself accounts for eight of them. After Abhinav Bindra, Neeraj Chopra is the second individual Olympic champion.
|Year & Venue
|1928 - Amsterdam
|1932 - Los Angeles
|1936 - Berlin
|1948 - London
|1952 - Helsinki
|1956 - Melbourne
|Balbir Singh Sr
|1964 - Tokyo
|1980 - Moscow
|Abhinav Bindra- Shootinng
|Neeraj Chopra - Javelin throw
Olympics Important Facts
- The 2020 Tokyo Olympics, had started on July 23rd and lasted till August 8th, 2021. The games were postponed due to the Covid Pandemic.
- The Indian contingent participated in a record 69 events and earned medals across 18 athletic disciplines
- In the men's javelin throw, Neeraj Chopra won India's first-ever gold medal in athletics.
- The nation's second-ever individual gold and first individual gold since the Beijing 2008 Olympics, won by Abhinav Bindra (Shooting).
- Saikhom Mirabai Chanu won India's first-ever silver in women's weightlifting (49 kg), becoming the first Indian Olympic medallist in the sport since 2000.
- The men's national field hockey team won the bronze medal, their first Olympic medal since 1980.