Railway Board decides and releases RRB Group D salary and other details along with the official notification for RRB Group D Recruitment. Every year Railway Board releases a very good number of vacancies for various posts under RRB Group D Recruitment which is a golden opportunity for candidates who are looking for a well paid government job. RRB Group D Salary is decided as per the guidelines of the 7th pay commission. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for RRB Group D Exam should be aware of the salary details associated with various posts. In this article we have described RRB Group D salary and other details for the benefit of the candidates so that they are familiar with salary structure, in-hand salary, allowances and job profile associated with RRB Group D Exam. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, you can check out our monthly FREE Current Affairs E-book- Download Now
October Month Current Affairs Free Ebook: Download Here
RRB Group D Salary 2021
RRB Grade D salary is in level 1 of the pay matrix and is decided as per the 7th pay commission guidelines. Candidates recruited to every post are entitled to a basic salary amounting to Rs.18,000 and Rs. 22,500-Rs.25,380 as gross salary.
RRB Group D Salary Structure
The salary sturcture for RRB Group D posts is as follows:
|Pay-Level of posts
||8% to 24%
||Depend upon location
RRB Group D Salary: Entry Level Pay
|RRB Group D Pay Scale
||RRB Group D Grade Pay(Entry Level)
RRB Group D Allowances and Benefits
Other than the salary details mentioned above, RRB Group D employees are also entitled to receive various allowances and benefits which are as follows:
- House Rent Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Fixed Conveyance Allowance
- Allowance For Night Duty
- Daily Allowance
- Overtime Allowance (OTA), etc.
- Medical Facilities
- Pension Scheme
House Rent Allowance is as per the following rule:
|Category of Cities
||HRA (after 7th Pay Commission)
|X Tier I
|Y Tier II
|Z Tier III
RRB Group D Job Profile
There are various posts under RRB Group D and the roles and responsibilities differ according to these posts. The details of RRB Group D job profile are as follows:
Assistant Workshop – Mechanical
- Preventive and breakdown maintenance of coaches and wagons take place in the workshop department.
- Employees are posted in a carriage and wagon workshop
- Ensures the security and maintenance of coaches.
- A section (eg: a Bogie shop, Wheel shop or Furnish shop etc.) is allotted to the Assistant workshop.
Assistant C&W (Carriage and Wagon) Mechanical
- Trip schedule Maintenance
- Addressing the issues of BPC (Brake Power Certificate)
- Pit line Maintenance
- Intermediate Overhaul Maintenance
- ART (Accident Relief Train) Maintenance
Assistant Bridge – Engineering
- To assist the seniors in the construction of new bridges under railway authority.
- Ensure the availability of materials required in proper quantity and quality and act as a helping hand in designing the overall construction.
Loco Shed (Diesel) – Mechanical
- Taking care of the overhauling of diesel locomotives.
Assistant Depot (Stores)
- Procurement and supply of components to major mechanical, electrical, signal and telecom workshops for maintenance of coaches, wagons.
- Assistant (Depot) also supplies spare parts to major diesel and electric locomotive sheds.
Assistant Loco Shed – Electrical
- The electrical SSE in electrical is responsible for working on the TRS sheds engaged in overhauling and assembly level maintenance of 25KV AC electric Locos in electrical loco sheds.
Assistant Pointsman – Traffic
- To handle switches or railroad points
- To control the lever to direct the train to the required tracks
Assistant Operations – Electrical
- Ensures electrical supply and assists the operation manager.
- Under the supervision of a senior engineer, he does the maintenance of electrical appliances of the train and station.
Assistant Signal & Telecom – S&T
- Works under the supervision of the senior officer.
- To provide signals to the trains as per the situations.
- Part of the panel interlocking system. 4. Also hands over the token to the driver after granting line clearance to enter the block section.
Assistant TL & AC (Train Lights & AC) – Electrical
- To look over the TL & AC (Train Lights and AC).
- To look over the proper functioning of the trains electrical appliances and connections eg: proper functioning of signal LEDs, AC controllers, power Supplies, stabilizations etc.
Assistant Track Machine – Engineering
- Repairs the machines under the supervision of seniors.
- Also ensures the availability of tools/ gadgets required for the effective working of the track machine.
Assistant TL & AC (Workshop) – Electrical
- To ensure the availability of tools and gadgets required by assistant TL & AC Engineers.
- To look over the maintenance of lights, bulbs, fans, AC ducts, temperature control of ACs, stabilizations & all other electrical appliances.
Assistant Works – Engineering
- Enrolled in the manufacturing department of all kinds of rail assets like manufacturing of coaches, every appliance of trains, platforms sheds etc.
- They have to create new designs for the betterment of Indian Railways.
Assistant TRD (Traction Distribution) – Electrical
- Responsible for the maintenance of electrical assets like electrical locomotives, Electrical Multiple Units (EMUs) and MainLine Electrical Multiple Units (MEMUs).
- Responsible for all technical and organizational matters connected with the efficient maintenance and operation of the power supply installations, OHE and RC equipment.
Assistant Works (Workshop) – Engineering
- To assist the seniors in manufacturing
- To ensure the availability of materials (tools and gadgets) required.
- Handles all the fitting and welding work in manufacturing under the supervision of their seniors.
Track Maintainer Grade IV
- Maintaining tracks
- Will have to walk along the track checking the condition of track, attend to minor works like tightening/providing clamps, joints etc.
- Keep an eye over the breakdown of tracks
- Provides proper, safe and smooth track to the trains
- Look over every repairs and maintenance of the track line.
Hospital Assistant – Medical
- Providing proper care to the ailing passenger during treatment
- Taking care of medical aids & their requirements in the stations
- Cleaning Medical Equipment.
RRB Grade D Career Growth and Promotion
On the basis of seniority and vacancies, candidates are promoted to higher posts. After 3 years of service, candidates are eligible to appear for departmental exams for promotion.
RRB Grade D Salary FAQs
Q. What is the basic pay of RRB Grade D employees?
A. The basic pay of RRB Grade D employees is Rs.18,000.
Q. What is level in the pay matrix in which RRB Grade D salary falls?
A. RRB Group D salary is in Level 1 of the pay matrix.
Q. What is the grade pay in pay band 1 for RRB Grade D posts?
A. The grade pay is Rs.5,400 in pay band 1 for RRB Grade D posts.
Q. Do RRB Grade D employees receive dearness allowance?
A. Yes, RRB Grade D employees receive dearness allowance.
Q. Are there prospects of promotion for RRB Grade D employees?
A. Yes, candidates recruited after clearing RRB Grade D Exam have various opportunities to get promoted.