Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: safalta.comThere are also many allowances and benefits that candidates receive. All those who are aspiring to appear for RRB Group D Exam should know all details of the salary. Read this article to know all about RRB Group D salary and other details. General Awareness E-book- Download now
|RRB Exam Free Mock Test- Join Now||RRB Exam Free Book- Download Now|
RRB Group D Salary
Table of Content
2. RRB Group D Salary Structure
3. RRB Group D Salary: Entry-Level Pay
4. RRB Group D Salary: Allowances and Benefits
5. RRB Group D Job Profile
6. RRB Group D Career Growth and Promotion
|Pay-Level of posts||Level-1|
|Pay Matrix||7th CPC|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 5,200-20,200|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 18,000|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 1,800|
|HRA||8% to 24%|
|Travel Allowances||Depend upon location|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 22,500-Rs.25,380|
|RRB Full Form||RRB NTPC Salary||RRB ALP Salary|
|RRB Group D Pay Scale||Pay Band||Grade Pay||RRB Group D Grade Pay(Entry Level)|
|RRB Group D Eligibility||RRB Group D Syllabus|
|RRB Group D Exam Pattern||RRB Group D Cut Off|
- House Rent Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Fixed Conveyance Allowance
- Allowance For Night Duty
- Daily Allowance
- Overtime Allowance (OTA), etc.
- Medical Facilities
- Pension Scheme
House Rent Allowance is as per the following rule:
|Category of Cities||HRA (after 7th Pay Commission)|
|X Tier I||24%|
|Y Tier II||16%|
|Z Tier III||8%|
Also Check: RRB Group D FAQs
|ASSISTANT DEPOT (STORES)||STORES||C1|
|ASSISTANT LOCO SHED (DIESEL)||MECHANICAL||B1|
|ASSISTANT LOCO SHED (ELECTRICAL)||ELECTRICAL||B1|
|ASSISTANT OPERATIONS (ELECTRICAL)||ELECTRICAL||B2|
|ASSISTANT SIGNAL & TELECOM||S and T||B1|
|ASSISTANT TRACK MACHINE||ENGINEERING||B1|
|ASSISTANT TL & AC||ELECTRICAL||B1|
|ASSISTANT TL & AC (WORKSHOP)||ELECTRICAL||C1|
|ASSISTANT WORKS (WORKSHOP)||ENGINEERING||C1|
|TRACK MAINTAINER GRADE IV||ENGINEERING||B1|
The details of RRB Group D job profile are as follows:
Assistant Workshop – Mechanical
- Preventive and breakdown maintenance of coaches and wagons take place in the workshop department.
- Employees are posted in a carriage and wagon workshop
- Ensures the security and maintenance of coaches.
- A section (eg: a Bogie shop, Wheel shop or Furnish shop etc.) is allotted to the Assistant workshop.
Assistant C&W (Carriage and Wagon) Mechanical
- Trip schedule Maintenance
- Addressing the issues of BPC (Brake Power Certificate)
- Pit line Maintenance
- Intermediate Overhaul Maintenance
- ART (Accident Relief Train) Maintenance
Assistant Bridge – Engineering
- To assist the seniors in the construction of new bridges under railway authority.
- Ensure the availability of materials required in proper quantity and quality and act as a helping hand in designing the overall construction.
Loco Shed (Diesel) – Mechanical
- Taking care of the overhauling of diesel locomotives.
Assistant Depot (Stores)
- Procurement and supply of components to major mechanical, electrical, signal and telecom workshops for maintenance of coaches, wagons.
- Assistant (Depot) also supplies spare parts to major diesel and electric locomotive sheds.
Assistant Loco Shed – Electrical
- The electrical SSE in electrical is responsible for working on the TRS sheds engaged in overhauling and assembly level maintenance of 25KV AC electric Locos in electrical loco sheds.
Assistant Pointsman – Traffic
- To handle switches or railroad points
- To control the lever to direct the train to the required tracks
Assistant Operations – Electrical
- Ensures electrical supply and assists the operation manager.
- Under the supervision of a senior engineer, he does the maintenance of electrical appliances of the train and station.
Assistant Signal & Telecom – S&T
- Works under the supervision of the senior officer.
- To provide signals to the trains as per the situations.
- Part of the panel interlocking system. 4. Also hands over the token to the driver after granting line clearance to enter the block section.
Assistant TL & AC (Train Lights & AC) – Electrical
- To look over the TL & AC (Train Lights and AC).
- To look over the proper functioning of the trains electrical appliances and connections eg: proper functioning of signal LEDs, AC controllers, power Supplies, stabilizations etc.
Assistant Track Machine – Engineering
- Repairs the machines under the supervision of seniors.
- Also ensures the availability of tools/ gadgets required for the effective working of the track machine.
Assistant TL & AC (Workshop) – Electrical
- To ensure the availability of tools and gadgets required by assistant TL & AC Engineers.
- To look over the maintenance of lights, bulbs, fans, AC ducts, temperature control of ACs, stabilizations & all other electrical appliances.
Assistant Works – Engineering
- Enrolled in the manufacturing department of all kinds of rail assets like manufacturing of coaches, every appliance of trains, platforms sheds etc.
- They have to create new designs for the betterment of Indian Railways.
Assistant TRD (Traction Distribution) – Electrical
- Responsible for the maintenance of electrical assets like electrical locomotives, Electrical Multiple Units (EMUs) and MainLine Electrical Multiple Units (MEMUs).
- Responsible for all technical and organizational matters connected with the efficient maintenance and operation of the power supply installations, OHE and RC equipment.
Assistant Works (Workshop) – Engineering
- To assist the seniors in manufacturing
- To ensure the availability of materials (tools and gadgets) required.
- Handles all the fitting and welding work in manufacturing under the supervision of their seniors.
Track Maintainer Grade IV
- Maintaining tracks
- Will have to walk along the track checking the condition of track, attend to minor works like tightening/providing clamps, joints etc.
- Keep an eye over the breakdown of tracks
- Provides proper, safe and smooth track to the trains
- Look over every repairs and maintenance of the track line.
Hospital Assistant – Medical
- Providing proper care to the ailing passenger during treatment
- Taking care of medical aids & their requirements in the stations
- Cleaning Medical Equipment.
Also Check: RRB Group D Preparation Tips and Strategy
- Written test: One paper divided into two parts Part ‘A’ and Part ‘B to test the working knowledge of the Railway servant of the English language and Part ‘B’ his general standard of intelligence and proficiency through questions in Arithmetic, General Knowledge mainly pertaining to Railway.
- Paper may be set in Bilingual in Hindi/English and may be answered in Hindi also.
- No viva-voice
- (The minimum service condition does not apply to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates)
|Department||RRB Group D Posts||Promotion|
|Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel)||Section Engineer|
|Assistant C&W (Carriage and Wagon)||Superintendent|
|Track Maintainer Grade IV||Section Engineer|
|Engineering||Assistant Bridge||Section Engineer|
|Assistant Operations||Section Engineer|
|Assistant Track Machine||Section Engineer|
|Assistant Works||Section Engineer|
|Assistant Works (Workshop)||Section Engineer|
|Electrical||Assistant Loco Shed||Section Engineer|
|Assistant TL & AC (Workshop)|
|Assistant TL & AC (Train Lights & AC)||Section Engineer|
|Assistant TRD (Traction Distribution)||Section Engineer|
|Stores||Assistant Depot||Depot Material Superintendent Grade I|
|Signal & Telecommunication||Assistant Signal & Telecom||Section Engineer|
Prescribed percentage (as given below) in nominated Group C categories are to be filled by promotion of Group D employees after selection in written exam.
- Key man/ Key mate (33 1/3%, skilled posts in S&T(50%),
- Fireman A(25%)
- Account Clerk (25%),
- Personnel Branch Clerk(25%),
- Commercial Clerk(33 1/2%),
- TC(33 1/2%),
- Train Clerk(33 1/2%),
- Timekeepers(33 1/2%),
- Fuel checkers(33 1/2%),
- Store clerks(33 1/2%),
For Promotion from Group D staff to Group ‘C’ posts in the Ministerial cadre: typing speed of 30 w.p.m. in English or 25 w.p.m. in Hindi is required. Promotions may, however, be allowed on provisional basis Training. In the case of failures in the first attempt the employees may be given a second chance to qualify.