Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam
popularly known as SSC CHSL is conducted every year by the Staff Selection Commission
for selection of candidates to the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO) for the various ministries and departments of the Government of India.
Click here to attempt free mock test of SSC CHSL
Candidates who are appearing for the SSC CHSL Exam must familiarise themselves and know in details the SSC CHSL Eligibility criteria and key requirements required to fill up the application form.
The SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria comprises of the following :
- Educational Qualifications
- Age Limit
Learn English for free click here
Educational Qualifications :
For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG):
Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):
12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
- As per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23-06-2017, under Part-III (8) (v), the programmes in engineering, medicine, dental, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and physiotherapy etc. are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode. However, pursuant to the Hon’ble Supreme Court Order dated 11-03-2019 in MA No. 3092/2018 in W.P. (C) No. 382/2018 titled Mukul Kumar Sharma & others Vs AICTE and others, B. Tech. degree/ diploma in Engineering awarded by IGNOU to the students who were enrolled up to academic year 2009-10 shall be treated as valid, wherever applicable.
- Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/University in support on the date of filling form will also be eligible.
- All candidates who are declared qualified for the Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2021, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification. It is reiterated that the result of required educational qualification must have been declared by the Board/ University by the specified date. Mere processing of the result by the Board/ University by the crucial cut-off date does not fulfill the EQ requirement.
- In case of the candidates possessing equivalent educational qualification, such candidates shall also produce relevant Equivalence Certificate from the concerned authorities at the time of Document Verification. However, final decision regarding selection of such candidates will be taken by the concerned User Departments/ Appointing Authorities
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after, the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India
Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years on the date of filling up the form .Relaxations will be provided to reserved categories as per government norms.
|PWD D (Unreserved)
| Ex-Servicemen (ESM)
||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the Closing date.
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ST)
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application
||Up to 40 years of age
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application.
||Up to 45 years of age
|Widows/Divorced Women/Women judicially separated and who are not remarried
||Up to 35 years of age
|Widows/Divorced Women/Women judicially separated and who are not remarried(SC/ST)
||Up to 40 years of age
HOW TO PREPARE FOR SSC CHSL 2021?
Safalta has started an online batch for SSC CHSL for those students who are preparing for the entrance exams. The course will provide 180+ downloadable study material , classes of 2 hours daily (mon- sat),counselling session by expert facilities , strategy and techniques on how to solve the examination,a telegram group with regular updates ,weekly test , special question and answer sessions and many more
Ssc Chsl Crash Course 2021 (safalta.com)
Ssc Chsl 2020-21 Selection Batch (safalta.com)
To Attempt Free Daily Current Affairs Class Click here
VISIT OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR MORE INFORMATION click here