Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Service Selection Board (UPSESSB) conducts UP TGT Exam every year to recruit interested and eligible candidates to the post of teachers. UPSESSB has provided the eligibility criteria for UP TGT Exam which the candidates should fulfill in order to be considered for the post. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for UP TGT Exam should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for UP TGT Exam otherwise their candidature for the exam can be cancelled. UP TGT eligibility criteria is defined under the categories of nationality, age limit and educational qualification. Read this article to know all about UP TGT eligibility criteria in detail. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, then download our app- 'Exam Taiyari App
' and boost your preparation.
UP TGT Eligibility Criteria 2021
UP TGT eligibility criteria can be explained under the following categories:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
UP TGT Eligibility: Nationality
Candidates should meet either of the following to be eligible for UP TGT recruitment.
- Candidates should be citizens of India.
- Candidates can be Tibetan refugees who migrated to India before January 1, 1962 to settle in India permanently.
UP TGT Eligibility: Age Limit
The minimum age to be eligible for UP TGT exam is 21 years. There is no upper age limit for UP TGT eligibility.
UP TGT Eligibility: Educational Qualification
Candidates should be graduates in the related subject that they choose and B.Ed/BTC or any other equivalent training certificate. The details are as follows:
- Minimum marks of 50 percent in the topic concerned or Candidates with a 50 per cent minimum graduation degree in the subject concerned.
- Applicants for B.A / B.Com should have graduated in History / Political Science / Economics / Geography / Sociology / Psychology / related subjects for a minimum of 02 years, or having a graduation degree in a combination of the related subjects in 03 years of degree with 50 percent marks.
- 4 Years Integrated Course at the NCERT Regional Education College
- candidates must have cleared UPTET / CTET / NET in the related subject.
- Candidates must have proficiency in both English & Hindi language.
- IT Skilled candidates will be preferred for this post.
UP TGT Eligibility: Number of Attempts
There is no limit on the number of attempts. Candidates can appear for UP TGT exam as many times as they want provided they satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
UP TGT Eligibility FAQs
Q. What is the minimum age limit to be eligible for UP TGT exam?
A. The minimum age limit to be eligible for UP TGT exam is 21 years.
Q. Is there any limit on the number of attempts for UP TGT exam?
A. No there is no limit on the number of attempts for UP TGT exam.
Q. Is there any experience required to be eligible for UP TGT exam?
A. No, there is no prior experience required to be eligible for UP TGT exam.
Q. Is there age relaxation provided in UP TGT exam?
A. No there is no age relaxation provided to candidates appearing for UP TGT exam.
Q. What is the maximum age limit to be eligible for UP TGT exam?
A. There is no limit on the upper age limit to be eligible for UP TGT exam.