Source: safalta.comThere are plenty of opportunities nowadays for people who want to work from home as Graphic Designers. Read the below article to know all the fundamentals of How to Become a Graphic Designer at home.
Learning Graphic design doesn’t mean knowing a particular software.
It's more about learning all the fundamentals of Graphic design means the history of Graphic Designing, skills that underline your crafts, essentials of Graphic design theory, choosing a colour palette, creating a grid, selecting typefaces, etc.
Knowing the fundamentals will make your base strong and also will improve your ability to fulfil the professional design briefs.
This is the first step to becoming a graphic designer at home.
Know the Fundamentals:
2. Apps that are Useful:Nowadays there are several apps that can reduce your work and also helps to reduce stress and effort. The apps like Google Tasks/ Notes help to track and write all the checklists and things. You can access it through Gmail. The app like Forest app helps in time management. It will help you to focus on the important things and will help you to avoid procrastinating.
3. Software learning:There is certain software like Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator that helps in this profession. Generally, Photoshop helps to edit vector images like illustrations and icons and InDesign creates the layouts for printing and digital publications. Also, these are expensive and require a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud. But if you are a student then you can get a decent discount of over 65% at the time of writing. This is the most important step of learning Graphic Designing.
You may also read:
4. Always be Organized:If you are working from home it is important for you to be organized. It helps you to keep your stress level down. Also working from requires strong willpower as well that will help you work successfully from home. Make a list of goals and take small steps to achieve them.
To start self-study and training yourself as a Graphic Designing requires a lot of effort and a lot of time as well.
You have to create a proper Home Studio that needs a lot of space, and also will require a desk, laptop, and chair.
Adding some inspiring books and arty prints will make the place more comfortable and relaxed.
Moreover, having your own working place will give you a chance to organize it exactly as you want.
Create a Home Studio:
After you have spent some time studying Graphic Design you have to start applying for the job or you can seek freelance clients.
But before applying you need to create a portfolio of yours that will help you to show exactly what you are capable of.
In old days, portfolios are paper-based large books that we had to carry from interview to interview.
But nowadays portfolios are digital or in PDF form or a website with the help of which employers can easily check your work.
Even for the unpaid internship, you need a portfolio.
Now you can join good graphic designer courses from home.
Taking intensive, short courses with Shillington is good.
Generally, the Shillington courses take 3 months of full-time study or nine months of part-time study.
You can also be able to work with real tutors at home in real time.
Lecturers, critiques, and demos are available in today’s online classes.
Also, you will be able to interact with classmates all over the world.
Join a Course:
Can I learn graphic design on my own?
How can a beginner become a graphic designer?
How can I become a graphic designer with no experience?
- Know the Fundamentals
- Apps that are Useful
- Software learning
- Create a Home Studio
- Join a Course
What qualifications do you need to be a graphic designer?
- knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software.
- knowledge of the fine arts.
- the ability to come up with new ways of doing things.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- design skills and knowledge.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- knowledge of media production and communication.