Digital Marketing is a conceptual, technical and practical method of reaching millions through a network of people, the internet and moreover managing all the data to gain profits from your business is like a solid tier for which digital Marketer shoot to pitch and analyse all the pros and cons for feasible working. Digital marketing is a field that encompasses a wide range of marketing activities that use digital technologies to reach and engage customers. Some common types of digital marketing include:
- Search engine optimization (SEO): This involves optimizing a website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) for specific keywords.
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC): This is a type of advertising where advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked.
- Social media marketing: This involves using social media platforms to promote a brand, product, or service.
- Email marketing: This involves sending marketing messages to a list of subscribers via email.
- Content marketing: This involves creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience.
To be successful in a digital marketing career, you will need to have a combination of technical skills, such as proficiency with analytics tools and marketing software, as well as creative skills, such as the ability to write compelling copy and design engaging graphics. It is also important to have strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team. So, In this article, you will get to know the mapping of the digital business with various involved designations where one may apply as their preference of work and how much you are getting the salary Is a big question every time that will pitch in this respective article.
Grow your career in digital marketing: Click Here to Enrol Now.
Table of Content:
Why Get Into Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing Career Progression
Team leaders or head-level positions
Why Get Into Digital Marketing
There are several reasons why you might consider getting into digital marketing:
- The digital landscape is constantly evolving, which means there are always new challenges and opportunities to learn about. This can make digital marketing an exciting and rewarding career choice.
- Digital marketing allows you to reach and engage with a wider audience than traditional marketing methods.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo ClassesPlease fill the namePlease enter only 10 digit mobile numberPlease select coursePlease fill the emailSomething went wrong!Download App & Start Learning
Source: Safalta.comThis is especially important in the current climate, where more and more people are using the internet to find products and services.
- Digital marketing is essential for businesses of all sizes. By getting into digital marketing, you'll be able to help businesses grow and reach new customers.
- Digital marketing is a growing field, with many businesses increasing their online presence and investing more in digital marketing efforts. This means there is a high demand for skilled digital marketers.
- Digital marketing can be flexible and allow you to work remotely, as many digital marketing activities can be done online.
Digital Marketing Career Progression
Here is a possible career progression path for a digital marketer:
Entry-level positions: As a new graduate or someone with limited experience in the field, you might start in an entry-level position such as-
- Digital marketing intern- A digital marketing intern is a person who is learning about digital marketing through practical experience. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a digital marketing intern in India is around INR 30,000 per month.
- Copywriter- A copywriter is a professional writer who creates marketing and promotional materials for businesses and organizations. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a copywriter in India is approximately INR 3,50,000 per year.
- Digital Marketing Executive: After gaining practical knowledge of digital marketing, you might get promoted to digital marketing executive. A digital marketing executive is responsible for developing and implementing the digital marketing strategy for an organization. The estimated salary for a digital marketing executive in India is around INR 4–6 lakh per year.
Related article: Hansraj College: Skill Courses, Prospectus, Alumni, Fees and more
Secondary-level positions: After gaining relevant experience as a digital marketing executive, you might get promoted as-
- Email Executive- The job of an Email Executive in digital marketing involves managing and executing email marketing campaigns for a company or organization.
- Social media Executive- The job of a social media executive in digital marketing involves managing and promoting a company's presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. A social media executive's annual salary in India is estimated to be between INR 2.4 lakhs and INR 6 lakhs.
- Content Editor- A content editor in digital marketing is responsible for creating, curating, and editing online content for a company's website, social media platforms, and other digital marketing channels. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a content editor in India is approximately INR 4 lakhs per year or INR 35,000 per month.
- Digital designer- A digital designer in digital marketing is responsible for creating visual designs for various digital platforms such as websites, social media, and mobile apps. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a digital designer in India is around INR 3.5 lakhs per year.
- Web designer-A web designer is responsible for creating and maintaining a company's website. In India, the estimated salary ranges from INR 2,50,000 to INR 5,00,000 per year.
- Web developer- A Web Developer is responsible for designing and developing websites for clients in the digital marketing industry. In India, the estimated salary for a Web Developer ranges from INR 3-10 lakh per annum for an experienced professional.
- SEO Executive-An SEO Executive is responsible for optimizing a website for search engines so that it ranks higher in search results. The estimated salary for an SEO Executive in India ranges from INR 2-3 lakhs per annum for freshers to INR 4-6 lakhs per annum for experienced professionals.
- Paid media executive- A Paid Media Executive in Digital Marketing is responsible for planning, executing, and managing paid marketing campaigns across various platforms such as Google Ads, social media, and other online platforms. In India, the estimated salary for a Paid Media Executive in Digital Marketing ranges from 3 to 5 lakh rupees per year.
- Affiliates/ Partnership Executive- The job of an Affiliates/Partnership Executive in digital marketing involves building and maintaining relationships with partners and affiliates to promote a company's products or services online. The estimated salary for an Affiliates/Partnership Executive in digital marketing ranges from Rs. 3 to 8 lakhs per year.
Managerial-level positions: As you gain more experience and expertise, you may move into more specialized roles such as-
- Email Manager- The job of an Email Manager involves developing and implementing email marketing campaigns for a company or organization. In India, the estimated salary for an Email Manager ranges from INR 3-8 lakhs per annum.
- Social Media Manager- The job of a Social Media Manager involves managing and maintaining the online presence of a company or organization on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. In India, the estimated salary for a Social Media Manager ranges from Rs. 3 to 6 lakh per annum.
- Content Manager- A Content Manager in digital marketing is responsible for planning, creating, and managing the content that is used in a company's online marketing campaigns. In India, the estimated salary for a Content Manager in digital marketing ranges from INR 4 lakhs to INR 8 lakhs per year.
- UX Manager-The job of a UX Manager involves overseeing the user experience (UX) design and development of a company's digital products and services. In India, the estimated salary for a UX Manager ranges from INR 8-15 lakhs per year.
- SEO Account Manager-The job of an SEO Account Manager in digital marketing involves managing and optimizing a company's search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to improve their online presence and increase organic traffic to their website. In India, the estimated salary for an SEO Account Manager ranges from Rs. 3,00,000 to Rs. 8,00,000 per year.
- Paid Media Account Manager- A Paid Media Account Manager is responsible for managing and executing paid media campaigns for clients. In India, the estimated salary for a Paid Media Account Manager ranges from INR 3,00,000 to INR 8,00,000 per year.
- Affiliates/ Partnership Manager- The job of an Affiliates/Partnership Manager involves building and maintaining relationships with business partners, affiliates, and other third-party companies to promote and sell products or services online. In India, the estimated salary ranges from INR 3-5 lakh for entry-level positions to INR 10-15 lakh per year for more experienced professionals.
Team leaders or head-level positions: As you continue to grow, you may be allowed to lead a team of digital marketers in different roles, such as-
- Head of Customer Relationship Management- The Head of Customer Relationship Management is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve customer relationships and retention for a company. In India, the estimated salary for a Head of Customer Relationship Management in digital marketing can range from INR 8 lakhs to INR 20 lakhs per year.
- Head of Social media-The Head of Social Media is responsible for overseeing and strategizing the company's social media presence and campaigns. In India, the estimated salary for a Head of Social Media ranges from INR 7-12 lakh per year.
- Head of Content-The Head of Content is responsible for creating and managing the content strategy for a company's digital marketing efforts. In India, the estimated salary for a Head of Content is around INR 8-12 lakhs per year.
- Creative Director- A Creative Director is responsible for leading and overseeing the creative direction of a company's digital marketing campaigns. In India, the estimated salary for a Creative Director ranges from INR 8-15 lakhs per year.
- Head of SEO- The Head of SEO in digital marketing is responsible for leading the SEO strategy and initiatives for a company or organization. In India, the estimated salary ranges from INR 8,00,000 to INR 20,00,000 per year
- Head of Paid Media-The Head of Paid Media is responsible for managing and overseeing all paid media campaigns for a company. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Head of Paid Media in India is approximately INR 10,00,000 per year.
- Head of Affiliates/ Partnerships- The Head of Affiliates/Partnerships is responsible for managing and expanding the company's affiliate and partnership programs. Salaries in this role range from INR 7-12 lakh per year for entry-level positions to INR 20 lakh or more for more senior roles.
- Head of Digital Marketing: The Head of Digital Marketing is responsible for leading and strategizing the digital marketing efforts of an organization. The Head of Digital Marketing also analyzes and measures the effectiveness of these campaigns and makes necessary adjustments to optimize results. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Head of Digital Marketing in India is around INR 9,00,000 per year. However, this number can range from INR 5,00,000 to INR 15,00,000 per year.
What is the career path for a digital marketer?
Junior Level position: As a person gains experience and knowledge in the field, they may be promoted to a junior digital marketer or a digital marketing specialist. In this role, they may have more responsibility for developing and executing marketing campaigns and may be responsible for tracking and analyzing the results of those campaigns.
Senior level position: With further experience and expertise, a person may be promoted to a senior digital marketer or a digital marketing manager. In this role, they may lead a team of digital marketers and be responsible for the overall direction and strategy of the company's digital marketing efforts.
Digital MArketer Director: At the highest level, a person may become a digital marketing director, leading a team of digital marketing managers and overseeing the digital marketing strategy for the entire organization.
What is the highest position in digital marketing?
The highest position in digital marketing may vary depending on the organization, but some common titles for high-level positions in digital marketing include Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Chief Digital Officer (CDO), and Vice President of Marketing. These positions typically involve responsibility for the overall direction and strategy of the company's marketing efforts, including both digital and traditional marketing channels.
At a smaller organization, the highest position in digital marketing may be a Digital Marketing Director, who leads a team of digital marketing managers and is responsible for the overall direction and strategy of the company's digital marketing efforts.
How is career growth in digital marketing?
There are many different career paths that someone can take in digital marketing, depending on their interests and goals. Some people may choose to specialize in a particular area of digital marketing, such as social media marketing, content marketing, or email marketing, while others may prefer to take a more generalist approach. As a person gains experience and expertise, they may be able to move into more senior positions, such as a digital marketing manager or a digital marketing director.
Which skill is best for digital marketing?
Strong written and verbal communication skills: Digital marketers need to be able to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, including customers, clients, and colleagues.
Analytical skills: Digital marketers need to be able to analyze data and metrics to understand the effectiveness of their campaigns and to identify areas for improvement.
Creativity: Digital marketers need to be able to come up with new and innovative ideas for campaigns and content that will engage their target audience.
Attention to detail: Digital marketers need to be detail-oriented in order to ensure that their campaigns are well-planned and executed.
Technical skills: Digital marketers need to be familiar with a variety of digital tools and platforms, such as social media platforms, content management systems, and email marketing software.
Is there a future for digital marketers?
Digital marketing is a rapidly evolving field, and successful digital marketers will be those who are able to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies and who are able to adapt to changing consumer behaviours. Those who are able to demonstrate their skills and expertise through a strong portfolio of work and by obtaining relevant certifications should have good prospects for career growth and advancement.