|Exam Conducting Body||Indian Air Force|
|Post||Air Force Group X|
|Start Date for Submission of Online Application||22nd January 2021|
|Last Date to Submit Online Application||7th February 2021|
|Exam Date||18th April to 22 April 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||Will be Notified|
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian|
|Age Limit||Candidate must be born between 16th January 2001 and 29th January 2004. The upper age limit is 21 years.|
|Educational Qualifications||Candidate should have passed 10+2/Equivalent Examination with Mathematics, Physics and English as subjects with minimum 50% aggregare marks and minimum 50% marks in English
Candidate must have passed 3 years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
Candidates have to go through three rounds of exams to be finally selected for the post. There are three phases which are as follows:
- Phase 1: Online Test
- Phase 2: This phase includes:
- Physical Fitness Test
- Adaptability Test 1
- Adaptibility Test 2
- Phase 3: Medical Test
Each of the three phases has their own separate requirements and patterns which is explained below.
Phase 1: Online Test
This is an online exam which is scheduled to be held from 18th April to 22nd April 2021. There are questions asked from English, Mathematics and Physics. The duration of the exma is 60 Minutes. Each correct answer is rewarded 1 mark and 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
Phase 2: Candidates who clear the Online Exam are called for Phase 2 which consists of a number of tests.
- Physical Fitness Test: There are various rounds conducted to asses the physical fitness of the candidates.
- This round consists of a run of 1.6 km which is to be completed within 6 minutes 30 seconds. Candidates also have to complete 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and 20 squats within the stipulated time.
- Adaptability Test 1: Candidates who clear the Physical Fitness Test have to appear who this test which is an Objective Written Type Exam conducted to assess the suitability of the candidate to be recruited to the IAF.
- Adaptability Test 2: This test is conducted after Adaptibility Test 1 to asses the suitability of the candidate for the life in IAF and defence forces.
Phase 3: Medical Test
There are certain established medical standards which must be met for the candidates clear this phase. They are as follows:
|Height||Minimum Acceptable Height is 152.5cms|
|Chest||Minimum Range of Expansion is 5cm|
|Weight||Should be proportionate to height and age|
|Hearing||Candidate should be able to hear clearly from a distance of 6 meters with each ear|
Candidate should be physically and mentally fit to work with the Indian Air Force in any environment.
The syllabus for the online exam conducted in Phase 1 of the selection procedure is as follows:
Questions are asked from three subjects which are English, Mathematics and Physics.
Questions are asked from the following topics:
- Noun and Pronoun
- Spelling Errors
- Idioms and Phrases
- Trignometric Functions
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Linear Inequalities
- Mathematical Induction
- Permutation and Combination
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Definite and Indefinite Integrals
- Linear Programming
- Statistics etc
- In this section questions are asked from the following topics:
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Current Electricity
- Optics etc
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible Candidates can apply on www.airmenselection.cdac.in or www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in from 22nd January 2021 onwards. The application fee is Rs.250.
HOW TO PREPARE
This is a very competitive exam and to prepare well for this exam candidates need to have proper guidance. So to prepare well for this exam candidates can join Safalta Class which is providing a course on IAF Group X Exam from 20th January 2021 with the best faculty of board.