English is one of the most important as well as the scoring subject in IBPS PO exam.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: TOIBoth prelims and mains round have an English section in the exam. So good preparation of English section will not only help you to qualify for mains round this exam but will also help you to get a good score in the final merit list.
As the English section is one of the most scoring sections of the exam hence candidates should prepare properly for it to score well. So here are a few tips for candidates to prepare for the English section of IBPS PO exam.
IBPS PO English Preparation:
1. Being familiar with all the topics in the syllabus – It’s important for a candidate to be familiar with the topics from which questions are going to come in the English section. It’s important to know the topics so that the candidate can work to improve each and every part of the English section. English section can be broadly divided into 4 topics – Reading Comprehension, vocabulary, grammar and verbal ability. The candidate needs to have the knowledge about all the section as it is the most essential part.
2. Enhancing Vocabulary– Vocabulary is very important for any bank exam as good knowledge of vocabulary would help candidates to understand the meaning of words. So it’s very important for a candidate to have good control over vocabulary. To enhance their vocabulary the candidates can read 2-3 articles of newspaper daily and should try to find at least 5 new words from the dictionary on a daily basis and in this technological digital world, the candidates can search the meaning of any unfamiliar word instantly. Don't delay things just try to find out the meanings instantly.
3. Focusing on Grammar– To score well in grammar, the candidates should first try to clear their grammar basics and then should focus on sentence formation, sentence correction etc. The candidates can solve grammar exercises online to practice and improve their English grammar or can even take the help of NCERT books and start afresh.
4. Learning Idioms and Phrases– In recent years, a lot of questions are asked on Idioms, phrases and phrasal verbs in English section. Hence, the candidates should give special attention to idioms and phrases to score well in IBPS PO exam.
5. Time Management- Managing time in an exam is very important. The candidate should not spend much time on any one question and try to solve questions as much as possible. For this, while solving practice papers one can have use timer or stopwatch to improve time management.
6. Solving Old papers– The candidates can solve old question papers of up to 5 years to have an idea about the type of questions and pattern of English section in IBPS PO Previous Year Paper.
7.Solving Mock Test- It's equally important to solve ibps po mock test as this helps you enhance your speed and manage your time.
8. Avoiding Guesswork– Last but not least, the candidates should avoid guesswork in the exam and should not attempt the questions when they are not sure about the answer. As this can lead to negative marking and can affect your final scores. Mark the answers only when you are pretty sure about it.
How to ace your English?
Don't worry as you have a few days left for your exams you can watch these videos and clear your doubts as well as practice and follow the above tips.
IBPS PO Online Course - Video
BANK PO - (Prelim + Main) Online Preparation - Video
English: Idioms & Phrases
हिंदी व्याकरण- वर्ण विचार एवं समास + Free Video