Do you dream of joining army? CDS and NDA Exams
are the most well-known exams to join the army as an officer. If you are looking to apply for CDS Examination. Then CDS Exam pattern and other details must be known to you. The application process for CDS I 2021 is going on. The online registration process for 371 vacancies has been over on upsc.gov.in on 11th January 2022. The CDS 1 Exam 2022 has been scheduled for 10th April 2022 (Sunday).
The official notification by UPSC contains details like CDS Exam Pattern, eligibility, syllabus, and other details. Interested candidates must be aware of exam patterns along with other details.
- Then Union Public Service Commission conducts Combined Defense Services Exam twice a year.
- The CDS Exam Pattern consists of 3 papes i.e. General Studies, English, and Mathematics.
- The candidates applying for Officers Training Academy don't have to appear for the Maths paper.
- Today the UPSC CDS 2 Result 2021 was released on the official website of UPSC.
The exam pattern must be known to all the candidates. The detailed CDS Exam Pattern along with the marking scheme is covered in this space. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, you can check out our MATHS SPECIAL Batch
that will help you to ace CDS examination.
January Month Current Affairs Free Ebook: Download Here
CDS Exam Pattern
The exam pattern as per the official notification is as follows:
- The exam has three papers.
- General Studies and English Papers are mandatory for all.
- The candidates applying for Officers Training Academy and Women candidates are not required to appear for Maths Paper.
- Each paper has a duration of 2 hours.
- The exam consists of objective type of questions.
The detailed CDS Exam Pattern is as follows:
Read here the landmark NDA Notification For Women.
||Number of questions
CDS Exam Pattern: Marking Scheme
The official notification carries details on the marking scheme, which is as per the CDS Exam Pattern, that is:
Get to know the Daily Routine Of A NDA Cadet
- The maximum marks on each paper are 100.
- The maximum marks for IMA candidates in the written examination are 300.
- The maximum marks for OTA candidates in the written examination are 300.
- Each question in the exam carries 1 mark.
- There is a negative marking in the examination. 1/3rd of marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
CDS Exam Pattern: SSB Interview
The integral component of the CDS Exam pattern is the SSB interview. The interview is conducted by the Service Selection Boards of various forces. The marks of SBB in are 300 for IMA entry and 200 for OTA entry. The final merit list is prepared based on marks of the Written round and SSB interview. You must also know what are the OLQ For SSB Interview.
To know more about CDS read here:
CDS Exam Pattern FAQs
Q1. What is the exam date for CDS Exam?
A1. The CDS Exam is scheduled to be held on 14 th November 2021.
Q2. How many times is the CDS Exam held in a year?
A2. The CDS Exam is held twice a year.
Q3. What are the papers in CDS Exam?
A3. The papers in CDS Exam are Maths, General Studies, and English.
Q4. Are female candidates eligible to appear for CDS?
A4 Yes, the female candidates can appear for the CDS exam.
Q5. Is there a negative marking in CDS Exam?
A5. Yes, there is a negative marking in the CDS Exam.