Union Public Service Commission conducts Combined Defense Services Exam twice a year. The application process for CDS 2 2021 is scheduled for 14 November 2021. The application process for the examination is going on. The official notification by UPSC contains CDS Exam Pattern, eligibility, syllabus, and other details. Interested candidates must be aware of exam patterns along with other details. The CDS exam consists of 3 papes i.e. General Studies, English, and Mathematics. The candidates applying for Officers Training Academy don't have to appear for the Maths paper. The detailed CDS Exam Pattern along with the marking scheme is covered in this space. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, then download our app- 'Exam Taiyari App
' and boost your preparation. Prepare for any competitive exam with Free Courses
, and Mock-Tests
on Safalta App.
CDS Exam Pattern
The exam pattern as per the official notification is as follows:
- The exam has three papers.
- General Studies and English Papers are mandatory for all.
- The candidates applying for Officers Training Academy and Women candidates are not required to appear for Maths Paper.
- Each paper has a duration of 2 hours.
- The exam consists of objective type of questions.
The detailed CDS Exam Pattern is as follows:
||Number of questions
CDS Exam Marking Scheme
The official notification carries details on the marking scheme, which is as follows:
- The maximum marks on each paper are 100.
- The maximum marks for IMA candidates in the written examination are 300.
- The maximum marks for OTA candidates in the written examination are 300.
- Each question in the exam carries 1 mark.
- There is a negative marking in the examination. 1/3rd of marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
CDS Exam SSB Interview
The integral component of the CDS Exam pattern is the SSB interview. The interview is conducted by the Service Selection Boards of various forces. The marks of SBB in are 300 for IMA entry and 200 for OTA entry. The final merit list is prepared based on marks of the Written round and SSB interview.
To know more about CDS read here:
CDS Exam Pattern- FAQ
Q1. What is the exam date for CDS Exam?
A1. The CDS Exam is scheduled to be held on 14 th November 2021.
Q2. How many times is the CDS Exam held in a year?
A2. The CDS Exam is held twice a year.
Q3. What are the papers in CDS Exam?
A3. The papers in CDS Exam are Maths, General Studies, and English.
Q4. Are female candidates eligible to appear for CDS?
A4 Yes, the female candidates can appear for the CDS exam.
Q5. Is there a negative marking in CDS Exam?
A5. Yes, there is a negative marking in the CDS Exam.