Table Of Contents
- CTET Selection Procedure 2022
- CTET Exam Structure and Nature of Questions
- CTET Exam Structure
- Nature & Standard of CTET Questions
- Language of the Question Paper
Source: safalta.comA CTET pass is defined as a passing score of 60% or above on the exam. We will discuss the CTET selection process, how to qualify for it, and how to get yourself picked in CTET.
The rationale for including the CTET as a minimum qualification for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher is as under:
- It would bring national standards and benchmarks of teacher quality in the CTET selection process.
- It would induce teacher education institutions and students from these institutions to further improve their performance standards.
- It would send a positive signal to all stakeholders that the Government lays special emphasis on teacher quality.
To understand the CTET selection process, you must first understand the exam structure, question difficulty level, and CTET certificate validity.
All of these variables are taken into account throughout the CTET selection procedure.
Candidates are encouraged to review all aspects of the CTET selection process, including the nature of questions, exam structure, and so on.
All questions in CTET 2022 exam will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), with four alternatives out of which one answer will be most appropriate.
Each carries one mark and there will be no negative
There will be two papers on CTET.
- Paper 1 will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V.
- Paper 2 will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
Paper 1 (for Classes I to V) is for the Primary Stage.
The total number of MCQs will be 150, with one mark each consisting of CTET Paper 1 of 150 Marks.
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy||Two-and-a-half hours|
|2.||Language I (Compulsory)|
|3.||Language II (compulsory)|
Paper 2 (for Classes VI to VIII) is for the Elementary Stage. The total number of MCQs will be 150, with one marks each consisting of CTET Paper 2 of 150 Marks.
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30||Two-and-a-half hours|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science OR Social Studies/Social Science||60||60|
1. The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on the educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners, and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
2. The Test items in Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction.
3. The Test items in Language II will focus on the elements of language, communication, and comprehension abilities.
4. Language II will be a language other than Language I. A candidate may choose any one language as Language I and another as Language II from the available language options and will be required to specify the same.
- The question paper for the CTET 2022 exam is multilingual (two languages). Each question is presented in two different languages.
- The main question paper shall be Bilingual (Hindi/English).
Validity Period of CTET Certificate 2022
- For all categories, the CTET certificate's validity has been increased from seven years to a lifetime.
- There is no limit to how many times a person can attempt to obtain a CTET certificate.
- Candidates who have already qualified may reappear to improve their scores.
What are the stages of the CTET selection process 2022?
The CTET selection process entails meeting the eligibility requirements, completing the application form, downloading the admit card, taking the exam, reviewing the results, and downloading the mark sheet as well as the eligibility certificate.
Who conducts the CTET Selection process?
The selection process of CTET is supervised by CBSE, the CTET exam's organizing authority.
Is there any negative marking as per CTET selection process?
It is a golden opportunity for the candidates to attempt all the questions as there is no negative marking as per the CTET selection procedure.
In the CTET selection process 2022, what is the exam duration?
As per the CTET selection procedure 2022, the exam duration of CTET is two and a half hours. Candidates are advised to check the detailed CTET exam pattern 2022.