Everything you need to know about the Post:
- 1500+ Vacancies in various Public Sector Banks
- IBPS Clerk Notification 2020-21 released on September 1, 2020.
- Those interested can apply for the post of clerk between September 2 to September 23, 2020.
- To know more about the bank clerks regarding salaries, vacancies and important dates etc, candidates can visit IBPS Page.
- To apply online for the post of clerk, aspirants can register here.
|Click to Register and Apply|
More insights for IBPS Clerk exam 2020
- General Information
- Exam pattern
- Negative Marking for wrong Answers
- Exam date
- Mode of Application
- Eligibility Criteria
- Vacancies and Distribution
- Issuing of Admit Card
- Declaration of Result
- Salary Structure
|Who Conducts the exam||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Name of the Post||Clerk|
|Mode of conducting exam||Online|
|Number of times IBPS conducts exam||Annually|
|Exam Mode:||Objective type|
|Who can Apply||Those who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria|
|Final Allotment of Candidates||By March/April 2021.|
2.Exam pattern: IBPS Clerk exam for recruitment of candidates is an Online Written Exam in two parts, Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam. There is no Interview conducted by IBPS for the Clerk Post.
|Name of Test||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Allotted Time|
|English Language||30||30||20 Min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Min|
|Name of Test||No. Of Question||Maximum Marks||Allotted Time|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Min|
|General/ Economy/Banking Awareness||50||50||35 Min|
|English Language||40||40||35 Min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Min|
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: technofaq.orgNegative Marking for Wrong Answers : (Applicable to both — Online Preliminary and Online Main Examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at the corrected score.
If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
4. Exam Date Of IBPS Clerk
The IBPS releases its Clerk exam date in the IBPS calendar 2020 at the starting of each year.
As per the official notification given below are the important IBPS Clerk exam dates for 2020 recruitment:
IBPS Clerk Exam Dates 2020
|Official Notification||September 1, 2020|
|Prelims Exam||December 5, 2020
December 12. 2020
December 13, 2020
|Mains Exam||January 24, 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||September 23, 2020|
5. Mode Of Application
The candidates need to register and apply online for the post of IBPS Clerk. The Application needs to be submitted between September 2, 2020 and September 23, 2020. Candidates applying for the post of Clerk should start their preparation immediately so that they get ample time to prepare for the exam.
6. Eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk
The IBPS Clerk notification mentions a set of eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by the candidate. Any candidate who does not meet the set eligibility criteria their candidature stands to be void.
1. Age Limit: The minimum age to apply for the post is 20 years, and the upper age limit is 28 years. There are certain age relaxations for candidates belonging to specific categories. This age limit of 20 to 28 years is for people belonging to the unreserved/general
Candidates belonging to other categories are provided with age limit relaxation.
The IBPS Clerk Age Limit relaxation is-
|Sr. No||Category||Age relaxation|
|1.||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3.||Persons With Disabilities||10 Years|
|4.||Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|5.||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 Years|
|6.||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 Years|
|7.||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 Years|
|8.||Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 Years|
2. Citizenship: The candidates who want to apply for the exam should fulfil the following criteria:
- They must have Citizenship of India
- They may be Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee who arrived before January 1, 1962.
- A person of Indian origin who have migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma(Myanmar), Vietnam or East African countries of the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire or Ethiopia to permanently settle in India.
- There are approximately 1550 vacancies released this year.
- The vacancies are segregated among the participating Public Sector Banks.
- The complete list of various Public Sector Banks are given below .
|IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2020-21:-Download PDF
8. Issuing of Admit Card
- Admit cards are released 2 to 3 weeks before the scheduled exam date.
- Candidates must carry the admit card to the exam center as no candidate shall be allowed inside the examination centre without the admit card.
- IBPS Clerk admit card comprises candidate’s name, address, roll number, password, exam centre, exam date, reporting time, etc.
- To Download the admit card, its components and exam centres, candidates can check the IBPS Clerk admit card page.
9. Declaration of Result
- The IBPS declares the result usually 15 to 20 days after the exam has been conducted.
- The conducting body decides the cutoff based on the performance of candidates.
- The result is declared based on the cutoff decided.
- Apart from the basic pay the candidate is also provided with several other benefits like DA, HRA, Travel extra.
- The basic salary of a candidate employed as clerk by IBPS is Rs. 11,765.
How to prepare for the IBPS Bank Clerk Exam 2020.
Start the preparation for IBPS Clerk 2020 PRE + Mains Now.
This course offers the candidates aspiring to qualify IBPS Clerk 2020 Pre and Mains Exam.
|This module offers :
Read anywhere anytime with the live online classes with a benefit of recorded classes as well.
|Level:||Regular Live Online Practice Batch|
|Hours of Study:||120+ hrs of Live Teaching|
|Mode of instruction:||Bilingual (Hindi & English)|
|Subjects Covered:||Quantitative Aptitude, Numerical Ability, English, Reasoning, Banking Awareness, Current Affairs & Computer.|
To achieve the said objectives, one needs to delve into broad 5 parameters.
- The very first step to achieve any dream is Planning
- Then the second step is about gaining knowledge.
- The third step is to achieve analytical thinking
- Finally, the Execution of the above-mentioned objectives and Improvisation are vital to achieving success.
To clear any stage one needs to be determined and focused and should have a strategy to achieve it. This process needs to be followed at all stages.
- Clearing the prelims in the very first go is crucial if one wants to clear the IBPS Clerk Exam.
- Critical thinking is of vital importance to excel in the Aptitude test. Comprehension, logical reasoning, mental ability, etc. requires everyday engagement.
- With an impeccable start to one’s endeavours, it's essential to brush up the things that one has read earlier. Prelim is a fact-based paper.
- After all, reading and assimilating so much information and storing it in your mind is a tough task and there are chances that you might lose the track of knowledge gained.
- Hence there are the mock tests that will help in brushing up things at certain intervals.
- One can definitely rely on mock tests provided by Safalta as they can provide the best possible assessment.
- And the most important thing of these mock tests is revising from your notes, and not from your sourcebooks. It is advisable to take mock tests as answering the previous years’ question papers give a clear insight into the type of questions framed and asked in the IBPS Clerk Examination .
- On the other hand it keeps one abreast with assessment of level of preparation. The mock tests available online by Safalta are highly useful as they are framed under the guidance offered by the experts and mentors who evaluate answer sheets objectively.
|To know more about the detailed session plan
Download The PDF Now