- The exam is conducted in total three stages i.e. - Preliminary Round, Mains, and Interview or Viva-Voce.
- The preliminary exam is qualifying in nature and is objective type. While mains is subjective type exam.
- Haryana Judiciary syllabus for prelims is similar to mains with respect to law-related subjects.
Haryana Judiciary Exam Pattern
Haryana Judiciary Exam Pattern: Prelims
- It is a qualifying paper.
- Preliminary Examination shall be of two hours duration.
- It shall consist of 125 questions and each question shall carry 04 marks.
- There is a negative making of 0.80 marks for each wrong answer.
- Every candidate must secure a minimum of 150 marks in order to be eligible for the mains exam.
- Section-wise weightage will vary not given by the commission.
Haryana Judiciary Exam Pattern: Mains
Source: blog.ipleaders.comThe marks of this stage will determine the overall merit. The details are as follows.
- Main Examination shall consist of six papers- five written and a viva voce.
- Main Examination will be subjective/narrative type. Main Examination will be conducted in English Medium except for language paper.
- Each written paper shall be of three hours duration.
- The standard of the language paper shall be that of Matriculation Examination of the Board of School Education, Haryana.
|Paper-1 Civil Law-1||200 Marks|
|Paper-II Civil Law-II||200 Marks|
|Paper-III Criminal Law||200 Marks|
|Paper-IV English||200 Marks
||Total: 100 Marks
Language paper (v) shall comprise the following:-
(a) Translation of an English passage into Hindi: 20 Marks
(b) Explanation of Hindi passage in prose and poetry in the same language: 30 Marks
(c) Composition (essay), idioms and corrections: 50 Marks
|Paper-VI Viva-Voce||200 Marks|
Haryana Judiciary Syllabus
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Haryana Judiciary Syllabus: General Ability
General knowledge and Current Events
|Analytical Skills and maths||
Haryana Judiciary Syllabus: Mains
|Paper-1 Civil Law-1||Code of Civil procedure, Punjab Courts Act, Indian Contract Act, Indian Partnership Act, Sale of Goods Act, Specific Relief Act, Indian Evidence Act and Haryana Urban (control of rent and eviction) Act, 1973.|
|Paper-II Civil Law-II||Hindu Law, Mohammadan Law and Customary Law, Law of Registration and Limitation.|
|Paper-III Criminal Law||Indian Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, and Indian Evidence Act|
|Paper-IV English||The English paper will be of 200 marks and consist of the following:-
1. English Essay (1000-1100 words)
3. Words and Phrases (Make sentences of the given words and Phrases)
|Paper-V Language||Hindi (in Devnagri Script)|
|Paper-VI Viva-Voce||To judge the personal qualities of the candidates. The viva-voce shall relate to the matters of general interest and is intended to test the candidates’ alertness, intelligence and general outlook. it shall be conducted in English|