Source: SAFALTABoth UPTET papers are administered in offline mode as pen-and-paper tests on the same day.
Number of Attempts
The question that this article will address is how many attempts is a candidate allowed in UP TET Exam . And the answer is -there is no limit to the number of attempts for the UPTET Examination. Candidates within the age limit (as mentioned in the notification below ) can apply multiple times if eligible.
Age Limit :
The age limit to apply for UP TET is as follows:
Minimum Age: 18 years
Maximum Age: 35 years
Age relaxation is provided as per government rules:
NOTE : Candidates claiming age relaxation shall have to produce a certificate in the format prescribed by the UPTET.
Educational Qualifications :
- Candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university and a 2 years Diploma (D.Ed) from N.C.T.E/ Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
- Bachelor’s degree & 2 years B.T.C., C.T. (Nursery)/ Nursery Teacher Training (NTT).
- Bachelor’s degree & qualification in Special B.T.C. Training.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years & BCT Urdu special training in Uttar Pradesh.
- Bachelor’s degree and Diploma in Teaching from Aligarh Muslim University (For Urdu Teacher) orMoallim-E-Urdu Degree before 11-08-1997.
Upper Primary Teachers:
- Bachelor’s degree & B.T.C from National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) approved institute.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks & B.Ed/ B.Ed Special Education from Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
- Intermediate (10+2) with minimum 50% marks & 4 year B.A/ B.S.C.Ed/ B.Ed from N.C.T.E./ U.G.C recognized institute.
- Intermediate (10+2) with minimum 50% marks & 4 year Degree (B.El.Ed) in Primary Education.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 45% & B.Ed degree.
- The candidate must hold an Indian Citizenship
- He / She can be a Subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
Please Note: Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, and 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India in their favour.