Source: amar ujala
Cracking IIT JEE is the dream of every young aspirant. Indian Institute of Technology e is one of India's most prestigious institutes. Graduates from these different IITs in the country hold special respect in society and have a better career along with good financial stretcher. JEE Mains and Jerry advance are the two examinations that one needs to clear to make it into good an IIT, NIT, IIIT, DTU, etc.
Read on to know about the top 10 mistakes that IIT aspirants commit and why you should not.
1. Referring to too many resources: It is one of the most common mistakes that IITJEE aspirants commit while preparing for the exams. Do not try to buy everything which is available in the market. Choose quality over quantity. Referring to many books may end up in lots of confusion. So try to stick to a few but quality study materials.
2. Failing in time management: Most of the students do not take time management seriously. This results in a lot of panic when you sit for writing your paper. Lack of attention to time and speed when you are writing your mock test results in a lot of stress and panic when you appear for the main exams. So it is advised to keep a good record of your time and speed during your mock tests. Do not waste time on questions that are more time consuming and try to learn some tricks and hacks to do the calculations fast.
3. Ignoring hard questions: Some students have the habit of going for easy questions this towards the end results in losing a lot of marks. Do not leave significant topics for the last minute. It is preferred to prepare your weak topics before than stressing out in the eleventh hour.
4. Leaving NCERT books: NCERT books are the foundations and going through them should be your first priority. IIT JEE aspirants ignore NCERT books and straight away jump to some reference books which is completely wrong. Finish your NCERT and clear your basics first and then move on to some good IITJEE reference books.
5. Lack of Practice: It may sound a little old school but yes," Practice is the key to success". It may sound a little old school but yes," Practice is the key to success". You need to practice questions and be very quick with your calculations. Students do not practice calculations and end up with a low score. If you have solved around thousands of questions it is likely that you already know the type and pattern of questions that are going to come in the exam.
6. Not sticking to a proper timetable: Students prepare time table but hardly follow it. The reason behind this is that they set high and realistic goals which are impossible to achieve. So try to make a timetable with daily targets which you can achieve. Keep regular breaks between your study hours and try not to keep your time table monotonous.
7. Lack of motivation: Lack of motivation and the fear of failing is is another common mistake. Students accept their defeat even before giving the papers. One should be resolute towards his goal and should never doubt his abilities. You should be very confident in your self.
8. Comparing yourself with others: This is a very silly thing which generally aspirants do. They compare themselves with their fellow aspirants' performance. This only results in a lot of pressure and will not at all help you improve your performance. So stop doubting yourself and focus on improving your performance. Everyone has their own pace of learning things.
9. Not focusing on health: Some aspirants take a lot of stress and give no attention to their health. This results in a lot of mental pressure, degrading one's performance. Take a healthy and well nutrition diet and exercise regularly. Also, take proper sleep of 6 to 7 hours. Rest is best before the test.
10. Focusing on only one subject: There should be a proper balance and division of time for all subjects. Giving more time to one subject and completely neglecting the other subject can prove fatal. So divide your time between IITJEE Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics equally. This thing will help you score better in the IIT JEE exams. Study all the important topics from all the subjects.