Source: Kids HelplineCandidates who choose to teach students in grades 1 through 8 must take both exams. Both UPTET papers are administered in offline mode as pen-and-paper tests on the same day.
The question that this article will address is are outsiders allowed to sit for UP TET Exam . And the answer is Yes.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Apart from that the following are eligible to apply for UP TET even if they do not belong to UP :
- A Subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanentsettlement.
- A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East
- African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
Age Limit :
The age limit to apply for UP TET is as follows:
Minimum Age: 18 years
Maximum Age: 35 years
Age relaxation is provided as per government rules:
NOTE : Candidates claiming age relaxation shall have to produce a certificate in the format prescribed by the UPTET.
Educational Qualifications :
- Candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university and a 2 years Diploma (D.Ed) from N.C.T.E/ Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
- Bachelor’s degree & 2 years B.T.C., C.T. (Nursery)/ Nursery Teacher Training (NTT).
- Bachelor’s degree & qualification in Special B.T.C. Training.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years & BCT Urdu special training in Uttar Pradesh.
- Bachelor’s degree and Diploma in Teaching from Aligarh Muslim University (For Urdu Teacher) orMoallim-E-Urdu Degree before 11-08-1997.
Upper Primary Teachers:
- Bachelor’s degree & B.T.C from National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) approved institute.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks & B.Ed/ B.Ed Special Education from Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
- Intermediate (10+2) with minimum 50% marks & 4 year B.A/ B.S.C.Ed/ B.Ed from N.C.T.E./ U.G.C recognized institute.
- Intermediate (10+2) with minimum 50% marks & 4 year Degree (B.El.Ed) in Primary Education.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 45% & B.Ed degree.