Staff Selection Commission General Duty (SSC GD)
, is a national-level exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruiting candidates for the posts of Constable (General Duty) and Rifleman (General Duty) . The forces in which they ( constables ) shall be recruited for general duty are as follows:
• Border Security Force (BSF)
• Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
• Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
• Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
• Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
• National Investigation Agency (NIA)
• Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
And recruitment for rifleman ( general duty ) will be for Assam Rifles.
This article will address the step by step selection process of SSC GD . It is important for candidates to keep a detailed note of every component of the exam to score marks.
Click Here To Attempt Free Mock Test
The selection for the same will be done in four stages :
Ssc Gd- Syllabus & Other Details (safalta.com)
1.Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- This is an online test and contains multiple choice and objective type questions which are to be completed within 90 minutes . . The test will have four sections namely –
• General Intelligence and Reasoning-
It includes Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non- verbal series, coding and decoding, etc
• General Knowledge and General Awareness-
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
• Elementary Mathematics-
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc
• English/ Hindi-
Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension would be tested.
Ssc Gd 2021: All About Physical Efficiency Test (pet) & Physical Standard Test (pst) (safalta.com)
2.Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
|Total No. of Questions
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
|General Knowledge and General Awareness
-This test will assess the physical fitness of the candidate on the basis of height parameters and he/ she will have to undergo PET (race) which shall be followed by biometric/ technology-aided identification test.Based on the performance in CBE, candidates will be shortlisted for PET/ PST by the Commission. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST) will be conducted at various centres finalized by the CAPFs. Detailed scrutiny of candidates’ eligibility/ documents will be undertaken at the time of DME. Therefore, it will be the responsibility of the candidates to verify their eligibility as prescribed in this notice before appearing for CBE/ PST/ PET. During PET/ PST, candidates who are found eligible on height parameters will undergo PET (race) followed by biometric/ technology aided identification. Scrutiny of eligibility of candidates for any relaxation i.e. age, height and chest measurement will be carried out after qualifying PET (race) before PST by CAPFs PET/ PST Boards.
3. Physical Standard Test (PST)
-This test will evaluate the physical standard of the candidates on the basis of three factors –
• Height-For Males : 170 cms For Females : 157 cms.
• Chest-For male candidates only – Unexpanded : 80 cms. Expanded : Min expansion 5 cms.
• Weight-For males and Females : Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
How To Prepare For Prepare For Ssc Gd Within Three Months? (safalta.com)
4. Detailed Medical Examination(DME)
- All those candidates who pass the PET and PST will have to go through a detailed medical examination and they will be medically examined by the Medical Boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness.Candidates will be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) from the pool of candidates who qualify PET/ PST. At the time of DME, following documents will be verified:
(i) Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate to prove age, name and educational qualification.
(ii) Domicile Certificate/ Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued by the competent authority
. (iii) Certificate from serving defense personnel in the format prescribed at Annexure
of the notice.
(iv) Undertaking in the format prescribed in Annexure-V from Ex-Servicemen candidates regarding completion of engagement in Armed Forces.
(v) Caste Certificate in the format prescribed at Annexure-VI and VII of the notice from the candidates seeking reservation/ age relaxation.
(vi) Certificate from candidates who wish to avail relaxation in height/ chest measurement as prescribed in Annexure-VIII of the notice.
(vii) Certificate from District Collector/ District Magistrate in respect of dependent applicants of riot victims as mentioned in category 04/ 05/ 06 under Para-4 (B) of the Notice.
(viii) Nativity/ Identity Certificate by West Pakistani Refugee in the format prescribed at Annexure-XIV of the notice.
Ssc Gd 2021 : Know All About Age Limit, Educational Qualification And eligibility Criteria (safalta.com)
- The examination will be held in both Hindi and English
Some important points to ponder upon :
• There Will be a Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks in the SSC Constable GD Online Written Exam.
• The questions in all the components will be of Matriculation level.
• Candidates who will be declared unfit may file an appeal to the designated authority of the CAPFs within 15 days of being declared unfit by the medical board.
• Medical Test (X-Ray & laboratory) shall only be conducted for those candidates who are found fit after passing through all the level of the tests.
To Attempt Free Daily Current Affairs Class Click here
For more information candidates can visit the official website @www.ssc.nic.in
HOW TO PREPARE ?
Safalta has started an online batch for SSC GD for those students who are preparing for the entrance exams . The course will provide 180+ downloadable study material , classes of 2 hours daily (mon-sat),counselling session by expert facilities , strategy and techniques on how to solve the examination,a telegram group with regular updates ,weekly test , special question and answer sessions and many more .
Join our SSC GD Constable Batch click here
Ssc Gd Constable- Free Class (safalta.com)
VISIT OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR MORE INFORMATION click here