In almost every competitive test, this subject has the most questions and is worth close to 10-12 points. The answers to all of the questions are strategically concealed inside the passage, and candidates who are qualified and have practiced sufficiently can easily answer these questions correctly.
In this post, we'll go through the fundamentals of unseen passages or comprehensions that may be asked in competitive exams, as well as some easy tips to help you answer the questions more effectively.
Aspirants studying for upcoming government exams should be aware that the Verbal Skill portion is where candidates lose the most points due to similar and confounding choices. As a result, ensure that you give much more thought and attention to the questions in this section.
Candidates who will be appearing for the UP SI and UP ASI Exam can check our series of free mock tests to ace up their preparation for the exam, to attempt to Click Here
Introduction to Reading ComprehensionThe verbal capacity segment is often made up of unseen passages or comprehension questions. Each exam passage has a subpart that is based on the information provided in the passage.
What is the concept of reading comprehension?
Reading Comprehension (RC) is the capacity to consciously read and assimilate knowledge (usually passages) to answer a series of questions.
As a result, to answer the reading comprehension questions, you must be able to:
- Recognize the passage's main point.
- Respond to questions based on the given text.
- Form an opinion about the sound and tenor of the passage.
- Understanding what you read is the most important rule in the RC section.
If you can read quickly, it will be beneficial to you.
Source: Amar UjalaNonetheless, comprehension still takes precedence over speed. Here are several exam preparation tips.
- What kinds of questions are posed during a Comprehension?
- What is the best method for addressing Comprehension questions?
- In Comprehension, what qualities can be tested?
- How does one develop their comprehension skills?
The length of the passage or the language used in the passage may seem to be difficult for a candidate at first, but once he or she begins reading it, understanding and answering it becomes much easier.
Since the answers are simple and concealed in the passage, scoring in the passage questions is not difficult. Candidates must ensure that they practice more and more comprehension questions to learn how to scan the passage and answer the relevant questions quickly.
Learn English - Free Class
- English is an important section of SSC, Banking, Railways & Defence exams, and aspirants who are preparing for the upcoming exams in 2021 must be well prepared with this section
- It includes the subject of English (Tuesday: Idiom and Phrases | Thursday: New Paper Analysis | Saturday: Previous Year Paper Discussion)
- Alternate Days Recorded Sessions
- Course subscription for Life Time
- Downloadable PDF study material to boost your preparation
- Recorded Backup available for quick Revision
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive
UP Police SI Apply Online 2021: Application Date Extended Till 15th June, Vacancies Increased