|General Knowledge Ebook Free PDF: Download Here||Current Affairs Ebook Free PDF: Download Here||Attempt Free Mock Tests- Click Here|
Table of Contents
- TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus: Overview
- TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam pattern 2022
- TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam Pattern 2022
- TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: General English- Part A: Grammar (New)
- TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: General English Part B: Literature (New)
- TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: General English Part C: Author & Literary Work (New)
- TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: General Science
- TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: Current Events
- TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: Geography In India
- TNPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus
|Name of the Exam||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 2 Exam|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|TNPSC Group 2 Selection Process||
|Duration of Exam||
|Language of Exam||English, Tamil|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
You may also read TNPSC Eligibility Criteria 2022
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
|Subject||Duration||Maximum marks||Qualifying Marks|
|Preliminary Exam||3 hours||300||90|
|Mains Exam: Paper-I||1 hour 30 minutes||100||25|
|Mains Exam: Paper-II||3 hours||300||90 out of 300 marks for Non-interview Post
102 out of 340 For Interview Post (300 + 40 marks of interview)
|Interview||No fix duration||40||Not Defined|
1. All questions will be bilingual, meaning they will be available in both English and Tamil.
2. The TNPSC Prelims Exam has a minimum qualifying mark of 90 out of 300.
|TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam Pattern|
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|General Tamil (S.S.L.C. Standard) or General English (S.S.L.C. Standard)||100||300||3 hours|
|General Studies (Degree Standard)||75|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (S.S.L.C. Standard)||25|
Candidates who pass the preliminary examination will be entitled to take the main examination. The mains exam is divided into two parts: Paper I and Paper-II. Candidates who get the minimum qualifying marks in Paper I will have their paper II sheets reviewed.
- For non-interview posts, the TNPSC Group 2 mains test is worth 300 points, while for interview positions, it is worth 340 points.
- To pass the major examinations for groups 2 and 2A, a minimum of 102 and 90 points are required.
- The Group 2 main exam will be divided into two halves (A and B), each with 14 objective-type questions totalling 300 points.
- The TNPSC Group 2 examination is available in both English and Tamil.
- The TNPSC Group 2 services involve a 40-mark interview in addition to the main test.
- Prefix & Suffix
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Detection
- Odd one out
- Word Formation
- Identify the sentence
- Compound words
- Figure of Speech
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important Lines from Poem
- Biography of Important persons
- Oscar Wilde
- Dr. Karl Paulnack
- Comprehension Question from Motivational Essays
- British English-American English
- Comprehension Question from Description of Places
- Poem & Poets
- Authors & their stories
- Biography & Auto Biography
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines of Indian Authors
- Nationality of story
- Folk Arts
- About Poets, Dramatists
- Famous Quotes
- Various Works of the Author
- Period of the poets
- Nature centred Literary works and global issues Environment & Conservation
- Theme observed in Literary Work
- Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper, Power of Reasoning, Rote Learning Vs Conceptual Learning - Science as a tool to understand the past, present and future
- Nature of Universe - General Scientific Laws, Mechanics, Properties of Matter, Force, Motion and Energy - Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics, Laser, Electronics and Communications
- Elements and Compounds, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, Pesticides
- Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene, Human diseases
- Environment and Ecology
- History: Latest diary of events – National symbols – Profile of States – Eminent personalities and places in the news – Sports – Books and authors.
- Polity: Political parties and political system in India – Public awareness and General administration – Welfare-oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems.
- Geography: Geographical landmarks.
- Economics: Current socio-economic issues.
- Science: Latest inventions in Science and Technology.
- Location: Physical features – Monsoon, rainfall, weather, and climate – Water resources – Rivers in India – Soil, minerals, and natural resources: Forest and wildlife – Agricultural pattern.
- Transport: Communication.
- Social geography: Population density and distribution – Racial, linguistic groups, and major tribes.
- Natural calamity: Disaster Management – Environmental pollution: Reasons and preventive measures – Climate change – Green energy.
- Indus valley civilization: Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, and Marathas – Age of Vijayanagaram and Bahmani Kingdoms – South Indian History.
- Change and Continuity in the Socio-Cultural History of India.
- Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity: Race, language, Custom.
- India as a Secular State, Social Harmony.
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: Indian Polity
- Constitution of India: Preamble to the Constitution – Salient features of the Constitution – Union, State, and Union Territory.
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive, Union legislature: State Executive, State Legislature – Local governments, Panchayat
- Spirit of Federalism: centre-state Relationship.
- Election – Judiciary in India: Rule of law.
- Corruption in public life: Anti-corruption measures – Lokpal and Lokayukta – Right to Information – Empowerment of women – Consumer protection forums, Human rights charter.
- Nature of Indian economy: Five-year plan models – an assessment – Planning Commission and Niti Ayog.
- Sources of revenue: Reserve Bank of India – Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy – Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments: Goods and Services Tax.
- Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture: Application of Science and Technology in agriculture – Industrial growth: Rural welfare oriented programs – Social problems – Population, education, health, employment, Poverty.
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: Indian National Movement
- National renaissance: Early uprising against British rule – Indian National Congress – Emergence of leaders – B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Thanthai Periyar, Rajaji, Subash Chandra Bose, and others.
- Different modes of Agitation: Growth of Satyagraha and Militant movements.
- Communalism and partition.
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: History, Culture, Heritage and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam age till contemporary times.
(a) Significance of Secular literature
(b) Relevance to Everyday Life
(c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
(d) Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc
(e) Relevance to Socio – Politico-Economic affairs
(f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural
Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle – Early agitations against British Rule – Role of women in freedom
Evolution of 19th and 20th Century Socio-Political movements in Tamil Nadu – Justice Party, Growth of Rationalism – Self Respect Movement, Dravidian movement and Principles underlying both these movements, Contributions of Thanthai Periyar and Perarignar
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu and a comparative assessment across the Country: Impact of Social Reform movements in the Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
- Political parties and Welfare schemes for various sections of people: Rationale behind Reservation Policy and access to Social Resources – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu: Role and impact of social welfare schemes in the Socio-economic development of Tamil Nadu.
- Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socio-Economic Development.
- Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
- Achievements of Tamil Nadu in various fields.
- E-governance in Tamil Nadu.
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus: Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Simplification: Percentage – Highest Common Factor (HCF) – Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple interest: Compound interest – Area – Volume – Time and Work.
- Logical Reasoning: Puzzles – Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alphanumeric Reasoning – Number Series.
TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam have two papers: Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is qualifying in nature while Paper II is both scoring and qualifying in nature.
- The final merit list will take into account the Mains test scores.
- Paper I and Paper II make up this exam's two papers.
- Paper I: There are two questions on this paper for each translation from Tamil to English and from English to Tamil.
- Paper II: There are 15 questions on this paper, 3 from each of the following categories: precise writing, comprehension, hint development, and essay writing on "Thirukkural" and letter writing.
- Paper I simply serves as a qualification. Those who pass Paper I will have their Paper II sheet examined.
- In the group 2 and group 2A main exams, respectively, a minimum of 102 and 90 marks are needed to pass.
- The TNPSC Group 2 test is bilingual and is offered in both Tamil and English.
TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam Pattern
Candidates who successfully qualify for the prelims exam will appear for the mains exam. The mains exam is divided into two parts i.e., Paper I and Paper II. The sheet of paper II of those candidates who score minimum qualifying marks in paper I will be evaluated.
|TNPSC Gr 2 Mains Paper- I (Mandatory Tamil Eligibility Paper) (S.S.L.C. Standard)|
1.(a) Tamil to English Translation
(b) English to Tamil Translation
2. Precis Writing
4. Hints Development
5. Essay Writing (General)
6. Letter writing (Official)
7. Knowledge in Tamil Language
➤ Total Marks -100
➤ Duration: 3 hours
➤ Minimum Qualifying Marks – 40
➤ Marks not included in the merit list
|TNPSC Gr 2 Mains Paper- II (Degree Standard)|
➤ Total Marks: 300
➤ Duration: 3 hours
➤ Minimum Qualifying Marks – 90
➤ This part has to be answered fully either in Tamil or in English only.
➤ Marks included in the merit list
Minimum Qualifying Marks in Mains Exam
The minimum qualifying marks in TNPSC Group 2 Mains exam is given below:
Interview Post (Group 2)
Non-Interview Post (Group 2A)
TNPSC Group 2 Paper-I Syllabus
Title 1: Tamil to English translation
Title 2: English to Tamil translation
TNPSC Group 2 Paper-II Syllabus
- Title 1 – Precis writing
- Title 2 – Comprehension
- Title 3 – Hints Development
- Title 4 – Essay writing on the following topics from ‘Thirukkural’
- (a) Significance as a Secular literature
- (b) Relevance to Everyday Life
- (c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
- (d) Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality,
- Humanism, etc.
- (e) Relevance to Socio- Political- Economic affairs
- (f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural
- Title 5 – Letter writing – Official
Syllabus for Paper I (Tamil to English translation and English to Tamil translation) and Paper-II (Precis Writing, Comprehension, and Hints Development):
|History, Culture, and Heritage of Tamil Nadu||
|RSMSSB Recruitment 2021||ICMR Recruitment 2021|
|Ayush Ministry Recruitment 2021||Sainik School Recruitment 2021|
What is the process of selection for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam?
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview (only for Group 2 Posts)
If I do not clear Paper I of the TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam, then will Paper-II be corrected?
What are the qualifying marks for TNPSC Group 2 Exam?
- Prelims Exam is 90 out of 300 marks
- Mains Exam is 90 out of 300 marks for Non-interview Post and 102 out of 340 marks For Interview Post.