University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) is a national level exam conducted to select candidates for Assistant Professors and for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professors in Indian Universities and colleges.
UGC-NET 2021 Important Information
|Exam Name||UGC NET 2021|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Date of Release of Notification||2nd February, 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||3rd March, 2021|
|Exam Dates||May 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17, 2021|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes|
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Assistant Professor : For those candidates who are applying for the post of Assistant Professors only, there is no upper age limit to apply.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) : Candidate should not be more than 31 years of age as on 1st March, 2021.
- Age Relaxation : Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD/OBC-NCL/Transgender/ Women candidates are given relaxation upto 5 years. 5 years relaxation in age is also given to candidates with research experience or who have served in the armed forces. 3 years age relaxation is also given to candidates who have LLM degree.
- Candidates with Masters Degree from a UGC recognised university or institution are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have secured atleast 55% marks in their postgradudation. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PwD/Transgender categories, they should have atleast 50% marks in their postgraduation.
- Candidates should have the subjects in their Masters degree as mentioned in the UGC NET Information Bulletin.
- Students who are currently pursuing their Masters Degree are also eligible to apply however they should complete their degree within two years of declaration of UGC NET result.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
UGC NET 2021 will be an online exam conducted in CBT mode. There are two papers in the exam. Paper I is the aptitude test while Paper II is the exam on the subject chosen by the candidate.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions|
|Total||300 marks||150 questions|
UGC NET 2021 Syllabus
UGC NET Exam syllabus is the same for Paper I while the syllabus for Paper II is different for different subjects. Candidates can check the official website for the detaile syllabus.
UGC NET 2021 : How to Apply Online
Candidates must first register on the official website with an email id after which they will be allotted an application number and other log in details.
Candidates should then fill the application form and be very vigilant while doing the same and fill in all the details correctly.
After filling the form, candidates are required to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature in JPEG/JPG format.
After this, candidates have to pay the fee which is as follows: