National Testing Agency released the notification for UGC NET 2021 on February 2, 2021. As per the official notification, the candidates can fill the online application form on the official website of NTA till March 3. The exam dates as mentioned in the official notice are May 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17.
University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) is a national level exam conducted to select candidates for Assistant Professors and for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professors in Indian Universities and colleges.
UGC-NET 2021 Important Information
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
||UGC NET 2021
||National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Date of Release of Notification
||2nd February, 2021
|Last Date to Apply
||3rd March, 2021
||May 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17, 2021
- Assistant Professor : For those candidates who are applying for the post of Assistant Professors only, there is no upper age limit to apply.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) : Candidate should not be more than 31 years of age as on 1st March, 2021.
- Age Relaxation : Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD/OBC-NCL/Transgender/ Women candidates are given relaxation upto 5 years. 5 years relaxation in age is also given to candidates with research experience or who have served in the armed forces. 3 years age relaxation is also given to candidates who have LLM degree.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Candidates with Masters Degree from a UGC recognised university or institution are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have secured atleast 55% marks in their postgradudation. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PwD/Transgender categories, they should have atleast 50% marks in their postgraduation.
- Candidates should have the subjects in their Masters degree as mentioned in the UGC NET Information Bulletin.
- Students who are currently pursuing their Masters Degree are also eligible to apply however they should complete their degree within two years of declaration of UGC NET result.
UGC NET 2021 will be an online exam conducted in CBT mode. There are two papers in the exam. Paper I is the aptitude test while Paper II is the exam on the subject chosen by the candidate. The questions are objective in nature. The exam duration is three hours. For each correct answer 2 marks will be awarded and there is no negative marking.
UGC NET 2021 Syllabus
||Number of Questions
UGC NET Exam syllabus is the same for Paper I while the syllabus for Paper II is different for different subjects. Candidates can check the official website for the detaile syllabus.
UGC NET 2021 : How to Apply Online
Candidates must first register on the official website with an email id after which they will be allotted an application number and other log in details.
Candidates should then fill the application form and be very vigilant while doing the same and fill in all the details correctly.
After filling the form, candidates are required to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature in JPEG/JPG format.
After this, candidates have to pay the fee which is as follows: