Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation (UPPCL) conducts recruitment exam to recruit candidates to the post of Junior Engineer. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for the UPPCL JE Exam should know all the details about UPPCL JE exam pattern. There are four subjects in UPPCL JE Exam. Questions are objective in nature. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. Knowing UPPCL JE exam pattern will help candidates strategise their preparation better. Read this article to know all about UPPCL JE exam pattern and other details. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, you can check out our monthly FREE Current Affairs Ebook- Download Now
October Month Current Affairs Free Ebook: Download Here
UPPCL JE Exam Pattern
UPPCL JE exam pattern is set by UPPCL. There are four subjects in the exam- Technical Syllabus, General Awareness, Reasoning & General Hindi. There are a total of 200 objective questions and the duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The exam is conducted online in CBT mode.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- There is negative marking and 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks for UPPCL Junior Engineer Exam is 30%.
The detailed exam pattern is as follows:
UPPCL JE Syllabus
UPPCL JE exam asks questions from subjects such as General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, General Hindi and Technical Knowledge. The syllabus for each of these subjects is vast and needs to be covered thoroughly in order to clear the exam. The detailed UPPCL JE Syllabus for the exam is as follows:
UPPCL JE Syllabus: General Awareness
- Socio Economic development of India
- Current Affairs
- Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India
- Indian culture
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Science and Technology etc.
UPPCL JE Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
- Similarities and differences
- Spatial visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning
UPPCL JE Syllabus: General Hindi
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Error detection
- Fill in the blanks
UPPCL JE Syllabus for Technical Knowledge
- Control systems.
- Analytical instrumentation.
- Power Systems.
- Digital Signal Processing.
- Computer Control of Processes, Networks.
- Measurements, Instrumentation, and Transducers.
- Power Electronics and Drives.
- Electrical machines.
- Electrical Circuits and Fields.
- Industrial Instrumentation.
- Digital Electronics.
- Communication Engineering.
- Irrigation Engineering.
- Estimating, Costing, and Valuation.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Structural Engineering
- Theory of Structures.
- RCC Design
- Steel Design.
- Concrete Technology.
- Building Materials.
- Transportation Engineering.
- Soil Mechanics
- Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems.
- Digital Electronics.
- Analog Electronics
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements.
- Control Systems and Process Control.
- Analytical, Optical Instrumentation.
- Transducers, Mechanical Measurement, and Industrial Instrumentation.
- Signals, Systems, and Communications
UPPCL JE Exam Pattern FAQs
Q. How many questions are asked in UPPCL JE Exam?
A. A total of 200 objective questions are asked in UPPCL JE Exam.
Q. What is the duration of UPPCL JE Exam?
A. The duration of UPPCL JE Exam is 3 hours.
Q. Is there negative marking in UPPCL JE Exam?
A. Yes, there is negative marking in UPPCL JE Exam. 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
Q. How many questions are asked from Technical Knowledge in UPPCL JE Exam?
A. A total of 150 questions are asked from Technical Knowledge in UPPCL JE Exam.
Q. What are the subjects from which questions are asked in UPPCL JE Exam?
A. The subjects from which questions are asked in UPPCL JE Exam are Technical Knowledge of the engineering subject (diploma level), General Awareness, Logical Reasoning and General Hindi.