- CDS Admit card is now declared here.
- Then Union Public Service Commission conducts Combined Defense Services Exam twice a year.
- The CDS I Exam 2022 has been scheduled for 10th April 2022 (Sunday).
- The CDS Exam Pattern consists of 3 papes i.e. General Studies, English, and Mathematics.
- The candidates applying for Officers Training Academy don't have to appear for the Maths paper.
- The CDS Syllabus for each paper has been covered in this space.
- Today the UPSC CDS 2 Result 2021 was released on the official website of UPSC.
Register Here to Prepare for NDA/NA (I) 2022 Exam: Click Here
CDS Syllabus 2022CDS written exam pattern and syllabus are different for IMA, OTA, IAF, and INA. The written exam for OTA consists of questions from English and General Knowledge, whereas the written exam for IMA, IAF, and INA consists of questions from English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. The CDS Syllabus for these academies is the same and is covered below.
|CDS Syllabus - Section||Topics|
|General Knowledge||In this section questions are asked from various subjects and one needs to be abrest with the Current Affairs as well.
The topics or subjects from which questions are asked are as follows:
Candidates who have opted for OTA in their application form do not have to appear for this paper.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Please fill the name
Please enter only 10 digit mobile number
Please select course
Please fill the email
CDS Exam PatternThe exam pattern is the next important thing to look out for after the CDS Syllabus. The exam pattern for CDS Exam as per the official notification is as follows:
- The exam has three papers.
- General Studies and English Papers are mandatory for all.
- The candidates applying for Officers Training Academy and Women candidates are not required to appear for Maths Paper.
- Each paper has a duration of 2 hours.
- The exam consists of objective type of questions.
|Paper||Number of questions|
Read here the landmark NDA Notification For Women.
CDS Exam Pattern: Marking SchemeThe official notification carries details on the marking scheme, which is as per the CDS Exam Pattern, that is:
- The maximum marks on each paper are 100.
- The maximum marks for IMA candidates in the written examination are 300.
- The maximum marks for OTA candidates in the written examination are 300.
- Each question in the exam carries 1 mark.
- There is a negative marking in the examination. 1/3rd of marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
CDS Exam Pattern: SSB InterviewThe integral component of the CDS Exam pattern is the SSB interview. The interview is conducted by the Service Selection Boards of various forces. The marks of SBB in are 300 for IMA entry and 200 for OTA entry. The final merit list is prepared based on marks of the Written round and SSB interview. You must also know what are the OLQ For SSB Interview.
To know more about CDS read here:
|NDA Vs CDS||NDA/NA Detailed Batch||UPSC CDS Eligibility||Territorial Army Eligibility|
What is CDS Exam?
What is the exam date for CDS Exam?
What is CDS exam syllabus?
- General Knowledge