IBPS PO examination is conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) to select eligible candidates to the post of Probationary Officers in different public sector banks in India. IBPS PO exam is conducted every year and the one happening this year 2021 is its 11th edition. The IBPS examination is for selection of candidates to 11 public sector banks across the country .
Before the completion of the probation period of 2 years , which is for 2 years, the Probationary Officer can be asked to perform any kind of bank related activities ranging from all that a clerk does to that of an assistant .
Source: jobrapido.comThis is done to train them and acquaint them with the various working procedures of the bank. During this period they are trained for knowledge in aspects such as finance, accounting, marketing, billing as well as investment.
After the successful completion of the probation period he/she is posted in any bank branch across the country as an Assistant Bank Manager of Scale -I and is made to handle works such as - daily customer transactions, passing of cheque, issuing drafts etc.
Other important responsibilities of PO are :
- To make sure the business of the bank increases with time
- To resolve queries of the customer
- To maintain and supervise all the activities of the branch To address issues, and complaints of the customers
- To act as Public Relations Officer if required
- To manage cash flow, loans and mortgages and finances.
- To issue ATM cards, cheque books, Demand Drafts etc.
- To address customer related issues such as discrepancies in the accounts, rectification of undue charges
- .To supervise the clerical work, take decisions for the benefit of the bank, manage cash balance etc.
The candidates who qualify for the IBPS PO exam will have to serve a probation period of 2 years during which the candidates will be assessed on the basis of their performance. Those candidates who will qualify in the assessment will be then confirmed a position as Junior Management Grade Scale I. After that according to their performance and other areas candidates will be promoted to higher posts namely :
Assistant General Manager
Deputy General Manager
Chief General Manager
The career growth prospect of a bank PO is very high as compared to other government jobs. And thisjob is one of the most rewarding and highly paid ones.