The world today is driven by technology. Engineering is a fascinating course to opt. JEE is a Joint Entrance Examination conducted for admissions into prestigious national engineering institutes. Candidates can select from various tech branches like electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and many more.
Every year around 10 to 12 lakh students register for JEE Mains out of which only few get the chance to sit for JEE advanced, and finally around 50,000 candidates get into Institutes like IIT. It does require hard work and skills to qualify. But it is equally rewarding to get into nation’s top colleges with best placements and handsome salaries.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) for IIT JEE Exam 2020
What is the purpose of JEE Exam?
What are the eligibility requirements for JEE Exam?
- Candidate should have passed class 12th
- Candidates who are appearing in class 12th can also apply
- There is no age restriction although a candidate must have passed his/her 12th in 2018 or 2019 for appearing in 2020 JEE Exam. Otherwise he/she is not eligible.
Where can one register for JEE Exam?
What number of attempts are permitted in JEE Exam?
Is there any application/registration charge?
If one makes a mistake in his/her application, is there a way to correct it?
Are the candidates allowed to use calculator in JEE Exam?
What is the paper pattern for JEE Exam?
JEE Exam occur in two rounds:
- B.E/B.Tech – Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Each section consists 25 questions for 100 marks each. Thus the whole paper is for 300 marks.
- B.Arch – Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing. Aptitude section have the maximum number of questions i.e. 50 whereas Mathematics section have 25 questions and Drawing section have only 2 questions. The whole paper is for 400 marks.
- B.Planning – Mathematics, Planning and Aptitude. Aptitude section consists of 50 questions whereas mathematics and planning sections have 25 questions each. The whole paper is for 400 marks.
It consists of Paper I and Paper II. They both have multiple choice questions that tests academic, comprehensive, analytical and reasoning abilities of a candidate. The duration for each paper is 3 hours.
What is the prescribed syllabus for JEE Exam?
- Paper I
Physics – Physics and measurement, kinematics, laws of motion, work energy and power, gravitation, properties of solids and liquids, thermodynamics, kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations and waves, electrostatics, Current electricity, magnetic effects of current and
magnetism, electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, electromagnetic waves, optics, dual nature of matter and radiation, atoms and nuclei, electronic devices and communication systems.
Some basic concepts in chemistry, states of matter, atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure, chemical thermodynamics, solutions, equilibrium, redox reaction and electrochemistry, chemical kinetics and surface chemistry.
Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, general principles and processes of isolation of metals, hydrogen, p-block elements, d and f-block elements, coordination compounds and environmental chemistry
Purification and characterization of organic compounds, some basic principles of organic chemistry, hydrocarbons, organic compounds containing halogens, organic compounds containing oxygen, organic compounds containing nitrogen, polymers, biomolecules, chemistry in every day life, principles related to practical chemistry.
Maths – Sets relations and functions, complex numbers and quadratic equations, matrices and determinants, permutations and combinations, mathematical induction, binomial theorem and it’s simple application, sequence and series, limit continuity and differentiability (LC & D), integral calculus (IC), differential equations. ( DE), coordinate geometry, three dimensional geometry, vector algebra, statistics and probability, Trigonometry, mathematical reasoning.
- Paper II & III
Mathematics is same for both as paper I. They both involve various aptitude tests related to drawing, architecture and geometry.
The syllabus for JEE advanced is set by IIT Delhi and is almost same as JEE Mains with more in-depth topics.
Is there a system of negative marking?
In what language is the paper set?
Which institutes take admissions through JEE Exam?
JEE Exam offers admissions into various prestigious engineering colleges like:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT)
- State Funded Technical Institutes (SFTIs)
- Central Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs)