Looking for a reliable job, then SBI PO is one your best option. State Bank of India is one of the oldest and largest commercial bank in terms of branches, number of customers, assets, deposits and employees. SBI PO Exam is organised every year to recruit employees for the post of Probationary Officer, and around 15 to 20 lakh people apply out of which approximately 2000 are selected. It is the most sought-after job which usually everyone is looking for, so why aren't you?
SBI PO is just a start of a bright future, after a period of 2 years in which the Probationary Officer is trained in customer service, marketing and business, report filling and other daily routine of a bank, he/she is transferred to a post of Assistant Manager. It is a well respected job in society and provides a handsome salary which allows it's employees to enjoy their life along with their jobs.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) for SBI PO Exam 2021
What is SBI PO Exam conducted for?
What are the eligibility requirements for applying in SBI PO Exam?
- Candidates who wish to apply for SBI PO Exam should have completed their education in any field from a recognised institute.
- The age of the candidate should be between 21 to 30 years for appearing in the exam.
Where can one apply/register for SBI PO Exam?
How many times can a person appear for the SBI PO Exam?
There definitely is a limit to the number of attempts for candidates in SBI PO exam, they are mentioned below category wise:
- General – 4
- General (PWD) - 7
- OBC – 7
- OBC (PWD) – 7
- SC/ST – No limitation
Is there a system of sectional cut-off in SBI PO Exam?
Is there any age relaxation protocol?
Yes, there is some age relaxation and it is based on the categories of the candidates.
- OBC (Non creamy layer) – 3 years relaxation
- SC/ST – 5 years relaxation
- General (PWD) – 10 years relaxation
- OBC (PWD) – 13 years relaxation
- SC/ST (PWD) – 15 years relaxation
Will it be possible to make changes in application form in case of some mistake?
What is the paper pattern for SBI PO Exam?
SBI PO Exam happens in three stages, namely:
- Prelims – English Language (30 marks), Quantitative Ability (35 marks) and Reasoning Ability (35 marks). Each section has a limited time of 20 minutes. The marking is done out of 100 marks.
- Mains – English Language (40 marks and 40 minutes), General Banking Awareness (40 marks and 35 minutes), Data Analysis and Interpretation (60 marks and 45 minutes), Reasoning and computer Aptitude (60 marks and 60 minutes). Each section has a different time allotment. The marking is done out of 200 marks.
- Personal Interview and Group activities – Interview (30 marks), Group Activity (20 marks). Time duration for this depends on the interview panel
Is there a provision for negative marking in SBI PO Exam?
What is included in the syllabus for SBI PO Exam?
- English Language – Comprehension, Cloze test, Miscellaneous, Para Jumbles, Fill in the blanks, Error spotting and Paragraph completion.
- Quantitative Ability – Profit and Loss, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Work and Time, Time and Distance, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Number System, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Sequence and series and Simplification.
- Reasoning Ability – Alphanumeric Series, Logical Reasoning, Ranking/Alphabet test, Data Sufficiency, Coded Inequalities, Seating Arrangement, Puzzle, Tabulation, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Input Output and coding decoding.
- English Language – Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Verbal Ability, Word Association, Sentence correction, Para Jumbles, Cloze test, Error spotting and Fill in the blanks.
- General Banking Awareness – Financial Awareness, Current Affairs, General Knowledge and Static Awareness.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation – Graph, Probability, Permutation Combination and Data Sufficiency.
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude – Analytical and decision making, Critical Reasoning, Code inequalities, Data Sufficiency, Coding and Decoding, Ordering and Ranking, Direction and distance, Blood Relation s, Input and Output, Scheduling, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism and Verbal Reasoning.
Questions of this round depends on your profile and the panel.