The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised national level entrance exam for admissions to 22 National Law Universities in India. CLAT 2020 exam was held on 7th September 2020, for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The consortium of NLUs has announced the CLAT result 2020 on 5th October 2020.
Candidates can check the various CLAT 2020 participating institutes including National Law Universities (NLUs), and some private colleges/institutions where law aspirants can apply for admission. The detailed list is given below.
Law aspirants must have an idea about the name and number of institutes which are considering CLAT score for admission in the colleges and institutes.
Candidates who have appeared and checked their results must know that on the basis of their score/rank that they have secured in CLAT 2020, they can take admission in various undergraduate as well as postgraduate law programmes namely, BA LLB, BSc LLB, B. Com LLB, and LLM which are offered at various participating universities and colleges/institutions.
List of National Law Universities accepting CLAT Score 2020
CLAT Government Law Colleges
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- National Law University, New Delhi
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Tamil Nadu National Law School
- West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
Source: SafaltaRam Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakapatnam
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU)
CLAT Private Law Colleges
- Amity University. Noida
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Bennett University (Times of India Group)
- Asian Law College, Noida
- Delhi Institute of Rural Development(D.I.R.D.), Holambi, Delhi
- Azim Premji University, Bengaluru
- IFIM Law College, Bengaluru
- Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat
- Jagannath University, Jaipur
- Disha Law College, Raipur
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- Ramaiah Institue of Legal Studies (RILS), Bengaluru
- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Harlal Law of School, Greater Noida
- Indore Institute of Law, Indore
- MATS University, Raipur
- Maharishi University of Information Technology, Delhi NCR
- JECRC University, Jaipur
- JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus of Law, Greater Noida
- Maharaja Surajmal Brij University, Bharatpur
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida
- JECRC University, Jaipur
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
- Mewar University, Chittorgarh
- NIMT Institute of Method and Law( NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanun Sansthan, Delhi NCR)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies(NMIMS)(Deemed to be University), Mumbai
- RNB Global University, Bikaner
- Rennaisance Law college, Indore
- Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore
- SRM University, Haryana
- Siddhartha Law College, Dehradun
- School of Law, The Northcap University, Gurugram, Haryana
- Dr. K.N. Modi University, Rajasthan
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
- Faculty of Law, Marwadi University, Rajkot
- United world School of Law, Karnavati University, Gandhinagar
- Reva University, Bangalore
- Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University
CLAT 2020 Interesting facts: This year, CLAT result declaration was contentious. Many students raised objections to the answers key published by the consortium. However, prof Faizan Mustafa later cleared all the doubts by saying that all aspects of CLAT 2020 were closely examined. Here are some interesting facts on CLAT 2020 result.
There are only 19 candidates who scored more than 100. In UG Law the highest CLAT marks were 127.25.
This year in CLAT LLM result, the highest score is 72. Only two candidates were able to score 72 marks.
As the candidates have scored less in CLAT 2020 the CLAT cut off for admissions are also being expected low.
After the CLAT 2020 result declaration, many candidates shall receive the counselling call letters. The candidates who do not receive the counselling letter can expect the letters in the 2nd or the 3rd round.
CLAT 2020 Admission counselling rules: The first and foremost thing required for the CLAT counselling is the registration process. The candidates must follow certain guidelines while they appear in the CLAT 2020 counselling. These are;
Online registration is compulsory for all candidates whoever are invited for the CLAT counselling 2020.
Candidates need to select their preferences and if the preferences are not updated, the preferences given in at the time of application form will be considered. Hence, the candidates must give NLU preferences during the time of registration.
National Law University choices once submitted by the candidates will not be changed.
The admission of the candidates will depend on the NLUs they have preferred and will be taken into consideration during the time of admission.
The candidates who do not take part in the counselling process will not be given admissions to the NLUs later on.
Candidates who do not receive the counselling invitation in the first round may be called in the subsequent round.
The candidates who have been allotted seats through the counselling process must accept the admission offer by locking their seat online.
Candidates have an option of upgrading to a better NLU through an application or may choose the exit from the admission process.
CLAT 2020 Counselling process: Along with CLAT result, counselling instructions have also been released by the NLU Consortium.
The counselling registration has two stages
Updating NLU preference
Online payment of Rs 50,000
Candidates who successfully register for the CLAT counselling will be called for seat allotment. The first list of seat allotment will be released on 9 October 2020.
Top scores CLAT result: The top 10 scores along with the AIR ranks of CLAT 2020 - UG