7 Tips to Score More in English in Competitive Exams
Start General english online course coaching classes and learn spoken english for interview with grammar study material at Safalta.com. Here are 7 tips to score more in general english in all competitive examination.
English is the heart of every competitive examination. All the major competitive exams like IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, RRB Group D, RRB NTPC, NDA, AFCAT, CLAT, NEET, Police, CTET, etc. One needs to indulge in the subject to understand the basics of the language. The way we talk in English is different from the way we write it. A small mistake can be a blunder in any examination as we are getting marks for everything we write or you can say that we are being judged for what we write. English is equally tough as is General awareness and reasoning and aptitude. You need to work smart in English and you are sure to succeed. Hence, to enhance the writing skills and answering the comprehension passage in the exam one needs to keep certain points in mind.
1. Using the correct vocabulary- Building your vocabulary is the best practice that one can adapt to. This helps in acing the English language section of any competitive exams. Learning new vocabs every day and using them while talking and writing helps you in remembering it for long. You can always google synonyms of simple words that you use and make your writeup look better. But remember that all the synonyms are not used in all the sentences at all the time. They can have a different meaning at times. Hence, choose your words wisely.
Safalta also provides free YouTube videos on Vocabulary Building that you can see anytime anywhere.
Vocabulary Building Video 1
Vocabulary Building Video 2
You can have access to other Free videos on vocabulary building at Safalta's YouTube channel.
Enhance your vocabulary by incorporating English: Idioms and Phrases
2. Ability to Spot Error is essential- You all know that this a must section that is asked in any competitive examinations. Hence, this is the easiest section to score on and on the other hand, this can lead you in trouble. For this, you need to work on the basics of grammar, spellings and punctuation marks.
3. Trick to answer the comprehension passage- It is always advisable to read the questions, before reading the passage as this will help in finding the answers easily while reading the passage. This will save you time and ease in locating your answers. Watch the video by Safalta to enhance your skills.
Practice session of Reading Comprehension in English Click here.
4. Understand the basic grammar - Understanding the basic grammar is really important as it will help you in due course. When you are perfect with your basics you are ready to slay. Understand the difference between Active voice and passive voice.
Online coaching for Active Voice and Passive Voice
5. Learn the Parts of speech- Learn the difference between the parts of speech carefully like the nouns, pronouns, adjective adverb, verb etc. Along with that practice, the punctuation marks as punctuations are really important while writing your answers.
Enroll in English Grammar - Module 2 (Pronoun)
6. Make reading your habit- You can read novels, newspapers, magazines, watch English movies or news channels as these will improve your writing skills. You will always have new ideas to write, making your vocabulary strong and help you in solving Para Jumbles (Jumbles Paragraphs).
Watch this video to understand how to solve Para Jumbles.
7. Good Communication Skills for Interview- Candidates who successfully clear written examinations are called for the interview round. Competitive Exams like CSE, IBPS PO, RBI, etc have the interview round and it's essential that the candidates need to qualify the interview round for the final selection. Hence, it's really vital to have good communication skills for appearing in an interview.
Improve your communication skills through the Online Spoken English Course which is important to crack any interview.
If you incorporate these tips you are sure to succeed and score well in English. If you don't know how to practice this daily or not sure where to start from or confused which is the most important topic. Don't worry just enroll in the Online English Coaching by Safalta that will teach you the tricks, tips, basics and prepare you for the exam. Master your English in a month or a year.
To know the course details just go to Online Course for English- Monthly Subscription or English Special- Master Course
Get free counselling session