The use of artificial intelligence has expanded beyond its status as a purely technological advancement and has taken on a significant role in our daily lives.
Jobs in the AI industry are now in high demand as a result.
AI-Powered Jobs are Growing
Source: Safalta.comLet's examine some of the startling data regarding AI employment in 2023 in more detail.
Some of the most startling data about AI employment in 2023 is presented below:
- By 2027, it is anticipated that the market for AI will be worth $267 billion. Between 2022 and 2027, this translates into a 38% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
- By 2030, the economic impact of AI is anticipated to be $15.7 trillion. The contribution to the world GDP that this makes is 14.5%.
- Business and nonprofit organisations use AI in 37% of cases. By 2025, this figure is anticipated to reach 50%.
- Less than 15% of top businesses actually use AI in their daily operations, despite investing nine out of ten in AI technologies. In the ensuing years, as businesses gain confidence in AI, this gap is anticipated to close.
- By 2025, job losses due to AI will total 85 million, while job gains will total 97 million. Consequently, 12 million new jobs will be created as a result of AI.
- Voice assistants are already used by more than three billion people, and by 2023, eight billion people will. Smart speakers and other voice-activated devices are becoming more and more common, which is what's fueling this growth.
- By 2025, revenue from the AI sector will total $126 billion. A number of industries, including healthcare, finance, and manufacturing, are using AI more and more, which is what is fueling this growth.
- Self-driving cars are viewed as being safer by 67% of Americans than conventional vehicles. The growing dependability and safety of self-driving cars is what is causing this acceptance.
- Autonomous vehicle design is currently being pursued by 25 nations. As more nations invest in autonomous vehicle technology, this figure is anticipated to rise in the upcoming years.
- Over the next five years, the market for self-driving cars could reach $600 billion. Self-driving cars are becoming more and more in demand from businesses and consumers, which is what is causing this growth.
- By the end of 2023, 2.3 million jobs related to artificial intelligence (AI) are anticipated to be created. For positions like data scientists, machine learning engineers, and AI developers, there will be the greatest demand.
- The industries expected to adopt AI at the fastest rates are manufacturing, healthcare, and finance. Five percent of all tasks in the healthcare sector will be completed by AI by 2023.
- In 2023, 38% growth in the AI market is predicted. The market is projected to reach $190.61 billion by 2025, with a compound annual growth rate of 36.62%.
A Goldman Sachs study claims that while AI systems will create a lot of new jobs worldwide, they may also displace 300 million full-time jobs. However, 73% of workers think that people won't become redundant in their current jobs as a result of automation and AI.
ConclusionThe world of AI and its effects on the labour market are nothing short of astounding as 2023 draws closer. This is an exhilarating and transformative period due to the exponential growth in AI job opportunities, the emergence of new roles, and the requirement for specialised skills. People must constantly update their skills and keep up with the most recent developments in the industry if they want to succeed in this AI-driven era. It's a journey into the future of work to embrace AI, not just as a career decision.
In general, artificial intelligence has a significant effect on the workforce. Keep in mind, though, that jobs are not in danger from AI. Rather, it is a chance to develop better and more enticing jobs. Businesses and individuals can stay on top of trends and seize opportunities presented by AI by embracing it.
Read More: 50+ Generative AI Statistics 2023