What is social media strategy?
A social media strategy refers to a plan of action that a business or individual develops to achieve specific goals through social media platforms.
Source: Safalta.comThe strategy typically outlines the target audience, types of content to be shared, frequency of posting, and metrics to measure success. An effective social media strategy involves understanding the audience's needs and preferences, choosing the appropriate social media channels, creating compelling content, engaging with followers, and analyzing data to refine the approach. A well-executed social media strategy can increase brand awareness, drive website traffic, generate leads, and enhance customer relationships.
How Larry Kim boosted social media strategy: A social media takeover
Larry Kim is a well-known digital marketer and founder of WordStream, a popular online advertising software platform. He is also a frequent speaker at industry events and a contributor to major marketing publications. In recent years, Kim has gained attention for his social media strategy, which has helped him build a massive following and establish himself as a thought leader in the industry.
One of the most notable aspects of Kim's social media strategy is his use of social media takeovers. A social media takeover involves handing over control of a social media account to a guest contributor for a limited period of time. The guest contributor is typically someone with a large following or a unique perspective on a particular topic, and their presence on the account can help to boost engagement and reach.
Kim has leveraged social media takeovers in a variety of ways to grow his own following and increase engagement on his social media channels. Here are some of the key ways he has done this:
- Collaborating with influencers: Kim has worked with a number of well-known influencers in the digital marketing space, including Neil Patel and Rand Fishkin. These collaborations have helped him tap into their audiences and reach new followers who may not have been aware of his work before. By partnering with influencers, Kim has been able to leverage their credibility and expertise to boost his own reputation and authority.
- Hosting live events: Kim has also used social media takeovers to promote live events, such as webinars and conferences. By bringing in guest contributors to share their insights and perspectives, he has been able to generate buzz and excitement around these events and attract a larger audience. This has helped him establish himself as a key player in the industry and build his brand as a trusted source of information.
- Diversifying content: Another way Kim has used social media takeovers is to diversify his content and provide his followers with a wider range of perspectives and insights. By bringing in guest contributors who have different areas of expertise or come from different backgrounds, he has been able to provide a more well-rounded view of the digital marketing landscape. This has helped him attract a broader audience and keep his content fresh and engaging.
- Creating buzz: Finally, Kim has used social media takeovers to create buzz and generate excitement around his brand. By promoting the takeovers in advance and teasing them on his social media channels, he has been able to build anticipation and get his followers excited about what's to come. This has helped him increase engagement and drive more traffic to his website and other digital properties.
Kim's social media takeover strategy has been highly effective in helping him grow his following and establish himself as a leading voice in the digital marketing space. By collaborating with influencers, hosting live events, diversifying content, and creating buzz, he has been able to tap into new audiences and keep his followers engaged and interested in his work. For anyone looking to boost their own social media strategy, Kim's approach is definitely worth considering.
What are some examples of successful social media takeovers that Larry Kim has executed in the past?Larry Kim has executed a number of successful social media takeovers over the years, each of which has helped him achieve different goals. Here are a few examples:
- Neil Patel takeover: One of Kim's most successful social media takeovers was with Neil Patel, a well-known digital marketing influencer. Patel took over Kim's Twitter account for a day, during which he shared his insights on digital marketing and answered questions from Kim's followers. The takeover generated a lot of buzz and engagement, with many of Patel's followers joining the conversation and following Kim as a result. The takeover also helped Kim establish himself as a thought leader in the digital marketing space and grow his following on Twitter.
- Rand Fishkin takeover: Kim also collaborated with Rand Fishkin, the founder of Moz and a respected authority in the SEO industry. Fishkin took over Kim's Facebook page for a day, during which he shared his thoughts on SEO and answered questions from Kim's followers. The takeover generated a lot of engagement and helped Kim reach a new audience of SEO professionals and enthusiasts. It also helped him build relationships with other thought leaders in the industry and establish himself as a respected voice on digital marketing and SEO.
- "Marketing Madness" takeover: Kim also used social media takeovers to promote his own live events, such as the "Marketing Madness" webinar series. For these events, he brought in guest contributors to share their insights on a variety of digital marketing topics. These takeovers helped generate excitement and buzz around the events and helped Kim attract a larger audience. They also helped him provide his followers with valuable information and insights from a range of experts in the industry.
These social media takeovers helped Larry Kim achieve a number of goals, including growing his following, establishing himself as a thought leader in the digital marketing space, and promoting his own events and content. By collaborating with well-known influencers and thought leaders, he was able to tap into their audiences and reach new followers who may not have been aware of his work before. He was also able to diversify his content and provide his followers with a wider range of perspectives and insights. Finally, these takeovers helped him create buzz and generate excitement around his brand, which helped him increase engagement and drive more traffic to his website and other digital properties.