Read Digital marketing free ebooks : click here
Table of contents
Current Stats on Social Media Search
Key Factors Driving Social Media Search in 2024
How Social Media Platforms Are Adapting to Search
|Statistics and Trends
|Total world population
|globally social media users
|Total time spent using the internet
|Total time spent using social media
|World most used social platforms
|Daily time spent using social media in india
|Average no.of social platforms used in india
|7.6 (aged 16 - 64)
- The rise of social media search is evident in several key statistics.
- For instance, a 2023 study by Sprout Social found that 60% of Gen Z users prefer to search for information on social media rather than traditional search engines.
- This trend is not limited to Gen Z, as 45% of millennials and 33% of Gen X users also report using social media for search.
- The reasons for this shift are Different. Social media platforms offer a more personalised and engaging search experience, with results Specialised to individual interests and preferences. They also provide a wealth of real-time information, including user-generated content (UGC) that can provide valuable insights and opinions.
- The continued growth of mobile internet usage: Mobile devices have become the primary means of accessing the internet, and social media apps are optimised for this format.
Source: SafaltaThis makes social media search even more convenient and accessible.
- The rise of visual and voice search: Social media platforms are increasingly Combining visual and voice search capabilities, making it easier for users to find information using images, videos, or voice commands.
- The increasing sophistication of social media algorithms: Social media algorithms are becoming more adept at understanding user intent and providing relevant results. This is leading to a more refined and personalised search experience.
- The growing influence of influencers: Social media influencers are trusted sources of information for many users, and their recommendations can significantly impact search behaviour.
- Improving search relevance: Social media platforms are using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to improve the relevance of search results. This includes understanding user intent, analysing context, and ranking results based on factors like engagement and authority.
- Enhancing search functionality: Social media platforms are adding new search features, such as advanced filters, location search, and autocomplete. This makes it easier for users to find the specific information they are looking for.
- Integrating search with other platform features: Social media platforms are integrating search with other features, such as direct messaging and groups. This allows users to seamlessly find information and connect with others within the platform.
- Leveraging user-generated content (UGC): Social media platforms are increasingly relying on UGC to provide relevant and authentic search results. This includes leveraging hashtags, mentions, and social media trends to understand user interests.
Why are users turning to social media for search?
Users appreciate the personalised and engaging search experience offered by social media platforms.
What percentage of Gen Z prefers social media for search?
Is the trend limited to Gen Z?
No, 45% of millennials and 33% of Gen X users also report using social media for search.
What factors will accelerate the growth of social media search in 2024?
Continued growth of mobile internet usage, the rise of visual and voice search, sophisticated algorithms, and the influence of influencers.