Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
Students can go through the NCERT Syllabus for Class 11 Physical Education to understand the curriculum and prepare themselves accordingly for the exam.
Table of Content
The theory section in the Physical Education Subjects involves 70 marks in total. Students can go through the unit wise syllabus given below for more understanding.
- Concept, Aims & Objectives of Physical Education
- Changing Trends in Sports- playing surface, wearable gears and sports equipment, technological advancements
- Career Options in Physical Education
- Khelo-India and Fit-India Program
- Ancient and Modern Olympics
- Olympism – Concept and Olympics Values (Excellence, Friendship & Respect)
- Olympics - Symbols, Motto, Flag, Oath, and Anthem
- Olympic Movement Structure - IOC, NOC, IFS, Other members
- Meaning & Importance of Yoga
- Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga
- Introduction to Yogic Kriyas (Shat Karma)
- Concept of Disability and Disorder
- Types of Disability, its causes & nature (Intellectual disability, Physical disability)
- Aim & Objective of Adaptive Physical Education
- Role of various professionals for children with special needs (Counsellor, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Physical Education Teacher, Speech Therapist & Special Educator)
- Meaning and Importance of Wellness, Health and Physical Fitness
- Components/Dimensions of Wellness, Health and Physical Fitness
- Traditional Sports & Regional Games for promoting wellness
- Concept of Test, Measurement & Evaluation in Physical Education & sports.
- Classification of Test in Physical Education and Sports.
- Test administration guidelines in physical education and sports
- Definition and Importance of Anatomy and Physiology in exercise and sports
- Functions of Skeletal system, classification of bone and types of joints.
- Function and Structure of Circulatory system and heart.
- Function and Structure of Respiratory system.
- Definition and Importance of Kinesiology and Biomechanics in sports
- Principles of Biomechanics
- Types of Body Movements - Flexion, Extension, Abduction, Adduction, Rotation, Circumduction, Supination & Pronation
- Axis and Planes – Concept and its application in body movements
- Definition & Importance of Psychology in Physical Education & Sports
- Adolescent Problems & Their Management
- Team Cohesion and Sports
- Concept and Principles of Sports Training
- Training Load: Over Load, Adaptation, and Recovery
- Concept of Doping and its disadvantages
|S. No.||Practical Details||Marks|
|1||Physical Fitness Test: SAI Khelo India Test, Brockport Physical Fitness Test (BPFT)||06|
|2||Skills in Sports and Games
(Proficiency of any one IOA recognised Game or Sports of Choice)
|5||Viva Voce (Health/ Games & Sports/ Yoga)||05|
Students can choose any 4 components out of 27 options.
- Body Composition
- Aerobic Function
- Range of Motion or Flexibility
- Muscular strength & Endurance
(Children with Special Needs (CWSN) (Divyang):
- Sitting Volleyball
- Wheel Chair Basketball
- Unified Badminton
- Unified Basketball
- Unified Football
- Blind Cricket
- Wheel Chair Races and Throws
Children with Special Needs (CWSN) can also choose any one Sports or game from the list as a substitute to yoga practices. Nevertheless, the game or sport must differ from the exam- ‘Expertise in Sports and Games’.
The practical file must include the following details
- Practical project 1: Well labeled and structured diagram of 400 M track and field with appropriate calculations
- Practical Project 2: Explain Wearable gears, modifying trends in games and sports as per the alterations in playing area, equipments, and technological modifications.
- Practical Project 3: Well-labelled diagram of playing area (field) and equipments of any one Indian Olympic Association (IOA) recognized game or sports.
Source: safalta.comCandidates can refer to the information given in the article regarding the NCERT Syllabus for Class 11 Physical Education. For more information, you can visit the offical website of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
Where can I get the NCERT Syllabus for Class 11 Physical Education PDF?
How Many units are there in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 11 Physical Education?
- Unit I: Changing Trends & Career in Physical Education
- Unit II: Olympism
- ·Unit III: Yoga
- ·Unit IV: Physical Education & Sports for Cwsn (Children with Special Needs - Divyang)
- ·Unit V: Physical Fitness, Health and Wellness
- ·Unit VI: Test, Measurement & Evaluation
- ·Unit VII: Fundamentals of Anatomy, Physiology in Sports
- ·Unit VIII: Fundamentals of Kinesiology and Biomechanics in Sports
- ·Unit IX: Psychology & Sports
- ·Unit X: Training and Doping in Sports
What is making Physical Education an important subject?
The subject is significant as it produces the courage of the sportsman ship among the candidates and assists them in understanding the worth of sports in life. It also makes the scholar energetic and lends them a hand in boosting stamina and strength.