One of the key benefits of these institutions is their autonomy, which gives each institution the power to create its curriculum. They are also among the top engineering schools in the nation. In each Indian state or territory, there are currently 31 NITs.
However, it is significant to note that, after the IITs, NITs are among the top institutions for technical education. More notably, they are among India's top-ranked engineering schools.
Source: safalta.comAlthough IITs are more well-liked by hopefuls, NITs also provide a high quality of education and multiple employment options. Essentially, they shouldn't be seen as a poor choice for kids.
NITs provide high-quality education and have significantly raised the bar for education nationwide. We'll examine a few NIT-related topics, and students can even learn more about the top NITs in India.
Table of Content
Best NITs In India
Admissions to NITs
NIT Cut off
2019 NIT Rankings
Benefits of Attending NIT Colleges
- NIT Trichy
- NIT Rourkela
- NIT Surathkal
- NIT Warangal
- NIT Kurukshetra
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Allahabad
- NIT Calicut
- NIT Jaipur
|Undergraduate Courses||Post-graduate Courses|
|Bachelor of Science||Master of Science|
|Bachelor Of Technology||Master of Technology|
|Bachelor of Architecture||Master of Business Administration|
|Dual Degree comprising BS + MS||Master of Computer Application|
|Dual Degree comprising B-Tech + M-Tech|
When applying, the majority of candidates choose to pursue a Bachelor of Technology degree. In this category, they also have several ranges of options. Students have multiple options for their specializations, including civil engineering, computer science, chemical and mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, and communication engineering. Some NITs also provide doctoral programs (Ph.D.), where students can choose to work on a topic of academic interest or are required to complete a project provided by a certain industry.
|Institutes||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
The cutoffs are the minimum scores applicants must achieve to be admitted to NITs. On behalf of the institutions taking part in the counseling process, JoSAA typically announces the admission cutoffs.
- Resources, Instruction, and Learning
- Professional Practices and Research
- Evaluation of Graduation Results
|1||NIT Trichy||Tamil Nadu||10|
|8||NIT Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh||42|
|9||NIT Durgapur||West Begal||46|
|13||NIT Hamirpur||Himachal Pradesh||60|
|14||NIT Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh||62|
- The top NITs have campus cultures and levels of competition that are very comparable to IITs. They outperform the majority of private engineering institutes by a wide margin.
- The placement rates at India's NIT colleges are comparable to those at the IITs.
- Comparatively speaking, NITs charge less for higher education than the majority of private engineering schools.
- Students are also given scholarships based on their merit.
- The grading scheme has been created in a way that will help students do better on tests. Additionally, there are fewer performance requirements and expectations, which is particularly beneficial for students' general well-being.
- Continue reading BYJU'S website to learn the most recent information on NIT colleges in India and about JEE Main Eligibility, exam format, curriculum, and other topics.
Top Dental Colleges in India
Top Medical Colleges In India
Top Engineering Colleges in India