- Industrial Revolution 4.0.
- Big Data Analytics
- Internet of things etc.
- Machine Learning
etc have decided to start courses in Data Science. Data science can be experienced in government-initiated programs like - Smart City Mission, IndEA for agriculture, National Health Database etc. A career in Data Science is going to be one of the most exciting and rewarding career options in the coming days.
Source: safalta.comIn this space, we have covered Detailed information regarding Careers in Data Science for Freshers.
How To Start Career In Data ScienceStep One - Enroll for a course with Maths or software programming.
Step Two- Pay special attention to your analytical and data handling skills.
Step Three- Get command over languages like python, R, SQL.
Step Four - Do internships in Data science.
Interested freshers can also opt for courses offered by top institutions in India. For example, IIT Madras is offering 3 yers distance BSC Degree in data science.
Data Sciences: Job Roles
Let us look at the various domains where data science in playing a transformative role and opening new avenues for jobs. Major Career in data science for freshers are listed below:
Big Data Engineer: Big data engineers develop, maintain, test, and evaluate big data solutions within organizations.
Machine Learning Engineer: Machine learning engineers have to design and implement machine learning applications/algorithms to address business challenges.
Data Engineer/Data Architect: Data engineers/architects develop, construct, test, and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
Data Scientist: Data scientists have to understand the challenges of business and offer the best solutions using data analysis and data processing.
Statistician: The statistician interprets the results, along with strategic recommendations or incisive predictions, using data visualization tools or reports.
Data Analysts: Data analysts are involved in data manipulations and data visualization.
Business Analysts: Business analysts use predictive, prescriptive, and descriptive analyses to transform complex data into easily understood actionable insights for the users.
Data Scientists: A Look At SalaryJobs related to the fourth space ie Virtual World have always been the most rewarding and lucrative career option. Software Engineers grabbing packages of lacks is the norm now. Data Science is the next upcoming lucrative domain with application in the private, public, and research domains.As per the study conducted by NASSCOM, “the Indian analytics industry is predicted to reach $16 billion mark by 2025". Salary under few heads in Data Science for Freshers:
Annual Package (In Rupees)
2,51,000 – 10,00,000
1,97,000 - 9,12,000
3,37,000 - 20,00,000
Sr. Software Engineer/Developer/Programmer
4,13,000 - 20,00,000
Senior Business Analyst
4,29,000 – 20,00,000
Business Analyst, IT
2,86,000 – 10,00,000
Senior Data Analyst
3,10,000 - 10,00,000
Applications of Data Science
- Governance: Data Science is used in governance for the following purposes:
- Power Discoms use data collected from last-mile to cut down their Aggregate Technical & Commercial losses.
- Security agencies and Police forces use big data to,
- Prevent cyber-attacks
- Enhance security systems
- Detect card-related fraud cases
- Predict criminal activities, e.g – Crime and Criminal Tracking Networks and Systems (CCTNS)
- In improving the quality of education.
- Disaster Management: In understanding and mitigating the risks of disasters.
- Economy: Data Science can provide huge benefits to various sectors of the economy like,
- In Insurance Sector to improve customer experience & ensure their right to claim
- In Banking Sector to manage financial data
- To capture the production, price statistics, & calculate the resultant GDP
- Evade risks & minimize losses for financial firms
- Tax officials catching hold the tax evaders using Project Insight
- Deregistration of lakhs of shell companies
- In preventing money laundering & curbing terrorism financing by identifying the safe havens
- Health Care: Data Science in health care caters the following benefits:
- Predicting diseases,
- Prescribing medicines,
- Optimizing treatment,
- Using clinical data to improve patient care,
- In critical Diagnostic tests,
- Finding new cures (R&D)
- Agriculture and Food:
- Seed Selection
- Geo-Tagging to keep the track record of agricultural assets in the country
- Weather Forecasting
- Irrigation & effective water management
- Food Processing
- Identification of Crop Diseases
- Digital Space:
- In the telecom sector- connecting the hinterland areas and bringing them to the mainstream,
- On Social Media for targeting platform users,
- Artificial Intelligence – Controlling home appliances,
- Analyzing & Improving individual performance (at work, sports, or home) using wearable devices.