Although study materials, tips, tricks, and practice papers are available for the essential and difficult parts of competitive exams, such as quantitative aptitude, current affairs, English, and reasoning, the tips, and tricks for the computer knowledge section are few and far between. Here are some useful and smart tips to help candidates ace this part of the exams with flair.
Since the computer knowledge segment is considered one of the simplest, there isn't much content available for it.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: Amar UjalaHowever, a lack of planning will result in you losing valuable points. There are 20 questions in this segment, each worth one point. With a little practice, you should be able to solve these in under 5 minutes and get a score of over 15 points.
Tips for Topic Preparation
It is difficult to score in this section if you do not spend time on each of the topics, as the questions are not distributed in any specific pattern as in the other sections.
The individual topics and planning tips are listed below:
Computer terminology and facilities, such as ports, buses, RAM, ROM, and hard discs, should be understood. You should be familiar with the various generations of computers as well as the names of the inventors.
Internet and Network:
This is all about the cloud, internet protocols, and hardware including cables, modems, speed, and different generations of mobile networks. The value of a webpage and an email is also emphasized. Since this can be difficult, you can skip the questions on it if you only have basic computer skills, as only 15% significance is provided in the exam.
Attempt our Free Mock Test
This is an important subject for the computer knowledge section. If you are familiar with Microsoft Office, you should be able to easily pass this part. Make certain you have a sufficient understanding of
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Basics of the operating system and software
Usually, a couple of questions are asked on this topic. Be familiar with inbuilt OS apps like utility programs, multimedia, backup software, and OS hierarchy.
Basic history, evolution, syntax, interpreters, compilers, binary conversions, and hexadecimal conversions are the most common questions on this subject. In this segment, you won't have to think about higher-level programming issues.
Tips to Study General Knowledge for UP SI Exam 2021
- Focus on keyboard shortcuts and MS Office to get the highest possible ratings.
- Take a quiz to test your machine skills.
- To clear the cut-off, the entire section needs about 11 points, so don't spend more than 5-7 minutes on it.
- When attempting this segment, begin by answering the questions about which you are 100 percent certain, and then move on to the questions about which you are less certain.
If you are worried about how to execute this preparation strategy in less period of time, then you need not worry. We at Safalta Class, have started a course for UP ASI 2021 exam. Under the guidance of our expert faculties, you will be able to easily sail through this exam.
Basic Computer- Free Class
- Basic Computer is an important section for general Competition like Banking Exams, SSC, Defence where part of computer section are asked in the real exam State.
- The course includes basic knowledge of Computer
- Daily recorded Videos Session
- Course subscription for Life Time
- Downloadable PDF study material to boost your preparation
- Recorded Backup available for quick Revision
Easy Tips on How to Prepare for Current Affairs in UP ASI
How to prepare for UP Police SI Indian constitution and Law Syllabus