Asha Bhosle: Achievements of Legendary Playback Singer
- Asha Bhosle is a legendary playback singer who was born on September 8, 1933 and is best known for her work in Hindi cinema. She does, however, have a wide repertoire.
- Bhosle's career spanned seven decades, and she has lent her voice to over a thousand films as a playback singer.
- In 2000, Asha Bhosle received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, and in 2008, she received the Padma Vibhushan.
- She has also received seven Filmfare awards for her singing, as well as two National Awards.
- Asha Bhosle has received the Maharashtra Bhushan Award for the second time in her family's history.
Source: Amar ujalaIn 1997, her niece, the legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, received the same honor.
- Throughout her illustrious career, Asha Bhosle has collaborated with legends in the music industry such as S D Burman, R D Burman, O.P. Nayyar, Khayyam, Composer Ravi, A R Rahman, and Ilayaraja.
About Maharashtra Bhushan Award:
- The Maharashtra Bhushan Award is a prestigious and highest award given out by the Maharashtra government every year. Purushottam Laxman Deshpande in Literature was the first recipient of the awards, which were established in 1996.
- The Maharashtra Bhushan was first given out in the fields of art, literature, sport, and science, and later extended to include journalism, social work, health care, and public administration. The state award is awarded to a person who has excelled in their profession.
Former RBI Deputy Governor KC Chakrabarty passes away- A glimpse of his journey
Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches the Tribal TB Initiative in the search for a TB-free India.
What is the National Rail Plan?