Every year, the day is commemorated to help the global economy, which is the most well-organized, secure, and environmentally friendly mode of transporting goods from one end of the globe to the other.
National Maritime Day 2021:
However, imagining a world without such trade facilities is a nightmare, so we must be thankful for what we have.
Source: Amar ujalaTo add to the facts, National Maritime Day is a day set aside explicitly to commemorate the life of civilian shipping.
History of National Maritime Day
In 1959, India also joined the International Maritime Organization (IMO). The International Maritime Organization (IMO) is in charge of maritime safety and pollution prevention.
The Importance of India's National Maritime Day
The day is commemorated with the following goals in mind:
- The legendary success of 1919's shipping achievement is being commemorated.
- Educating future generations about India's maritime history.
- Putting India's naval capabilities on show.
- Both naval officers and sailors are being honored.
- Encourage and mold young minds to want to be a member of the Maritime.
Harsh Vardhan, the Health Minister, has approved the National Policy for Rare Diseases