Source: SafaltaDue to Covid 19 ,this exam cannot be conducted physically. Hence, they have chosen the Computer Based Test for recruitments. Online applications will start from 1 August -7 September. Date of the online examination that is Computer Based Test, is estimated between 27 November and 14 December. Read on to know about the Complete Syllabus, Selection Process and Exam Pattern :
Complete Syllabus: Delhi Police Constable Exam
1) General Knowledge and Current Affairs- In this section questions will be testing the general awareness of a candidate. Questions will also come from current affairs. So do keep a well know how of general topics of subjects such Indian History, Political Science, Geography, Indian Constitution, Science and Economy. Keep yourself updated about the current happenings around the country.
2) Numerical Ability- This section will include basic mathematics, question will come on topics such as Decimals, Fractions, Circles, Ratio and Proportion, Mensuration, Time and Work, Arithmetic average, Interest, Profit and Loss and Computation of whole numbers.
3) Reasoning- General Aptitude Test will include questions on similarities and differences,visual memory, arithmetics, observations, relationship concepts, figure classification, coding-decoding and spatial orientation, data sufficiency, analogy etc
4) Computer Fundamentals- Basic or intermediate know how of computer fundamentals such as MS Word, PowerPoint Presentation, MS Excel, Internet, WWW, MS Excel, Note pad etc is required. You should know how to send and receive e-mails, do e-banking and Video conferencing.
5) English- English syllabus of Delhi Police constable exam includes basic concepts of english like prepositions, data interpretation, active and passive voice, sentence completion, idioms and phrases, antonym/synonyms, direct and indirect speech etc.
Exam Pattern: This time, the Computer Based Test will have 1 multiple question type paper consisting of 100 questions,with a total of 100 marks. The total time for giving the paper is 1 hour 30 minutes. Following is the exam pattern:
Part A- It will contain 50 questions from general knowledge and current affairs carrying 50 marks.
Part B- Next comes reasoning with 25 questions carrying 25 marks
Part C- It will contain 15 questions related to numerical ability contributing 15 marks
Part D- Computer Fundamentals will contain 10 questions carrying 10 mark
Physical Endurance Test for candidates :-
After the written round the candidates have to appear for the physical endurance test. Here the criterias for that :-
Physical Endurance Test for Male-
|Age||Race: 1600 metre||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Up to 30 years||6 Minutes||14 Feet||3’9”|
|Above 30 to 40 years||7 Minutes||13 Feet||3’6”|
|Above 40 years||8 Minutes||12 Feet||3’3”|
Physical Endurance Test for Female-
|Age||Race: 1600 metre||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Up to 30 years||8 Minutes||10 Feet||3’|
|Above 30 to 40 years||9 Minutes||09 Feet||2’9”|
|Above 40 years||10 Minutes||08 Feet||2’6”|
Physical Standard Test for Candidates
Candidates who pass the physical endurance test have to go through the Physical standard test too.
Physical Standard Test For Male Candidates
|Category of Candidates||Heights (in cms)||Chest (in cms)|
|For candidates from General Category||170||81||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||165||76||80|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas||165||76||80|
|Sons of serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.||165||76||80|
Physical Standard Test For Female Candidates
|Category of Candidates||Heights (in cms)|
|For candidates from General Category||157|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas||155|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||155|
|Daughters of serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.||152|
After all this a medical test is conducted at the govt. hospitals for eyesight, tatoos, diseases etc and after that the candidates are selected.
Important Points to note for Police Constable Exam:-
1. There is negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer.
2. Hindi and English are the only eligible languages for computer based examination.
3. The question paper shall be of matriculation level.
4. Marks scored by candidates in all computer based exams will be normalised and these scores will make up the final merit .
5. Below are the cutoff for various categories of candidates :-
General - 35
SC/ST/OBC/EWS - 30
Ex - Servicemen - 25
6. Incentive marks are provided to NCC certificate holders on the basis of category of NCC certificate.