Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Register here to prepare for the course you are interested for.
Salary for Top Digital Marketing Roles in India:
1. Specialist in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
You might also like-
Digital Marketing Channels To Adopt In 2022
Top Skills Required To Become A Digital Marketing Expert
10 Digital Marketing Fundamentals Every SEO Pro Should Know
Top Digital Marketing Online Courses - 2022
Salary of a Search Engine Optimization SpecialistIn India, a Search Engine Optimization Specialist with less than one year of experience earns an average of 1,76,578 a year as an entry-level digital marketing salary. In India, a Search Engine Optimization Specialist with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of 234,460. In India, Search Engine Optimization Specialists with 5 to 9 years of experience can expect to earn an average of 4,58,532.
SEO Analyst / Executive Job Role & Skills
• Search Engine Analyst must have a good understanding of Ranking Algorithms.
• He / She is must be proficient with Technical SEO.
• Improving user experience and complying with Search Engine Guidelines.
• Identifying the most appropriate keywords for the business, and creating informational content around those keywords is a part of the job.
• Understanding of various optimization tools like Search Console, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and Similarweb is important. Analytical tools for performance measurement like Google Analytics, Omniture, or Comscore is an added advantage.
Continue reading about digital marketing-
Top Digital Marketing Jargons You Must Know in 2022
Top 10 Digital Marketing Trends Of 2022
Is Digital marketing well paid : Can you really earn good money through digital marketing?
2. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Expert
Companies focus on stretching their boundaries and attempting sponsored advertising after achieving organic outcomes. You'll need a solid understanding of campaign creation as well as the psychology behind each meaningful click. This will help you land a job as a PPC Analyst at a top firm.
In India, an entry-level PPC Analyst with less than one year of experience earns roughly 3 lakhs per year. In India, a PPC Analyst with more than two years of experience may expect to earn around 4-5 lakhs per year.
PPC Analyst Job Role & Skills• A PPC Executive must have strong technical & analytical skills.
• He / She is responsible for managing Paid Ad Campaigns on Google Ads – Search & Display, Bing & other Ad Networks.
• PPC specialist must also manage advertisement campaigns on Facebook, Linkedin, Quora & other Social Media Networks.
• The core job involves maintenance of keyword bids, monitoring daily & monthly budget and improving quality score
• Along with the above skills, the candidate with knowledge of using analytics tools like Google Analytics or other reporting tools is preferred.
Click here to buy a course on Digital Marketing- Digital Marketing Specialization Course
A web developer must be familiar with computer software, HTML code, and visual design in order to construct a website that provides the best user experience and meets business objectives. In today's digital age, it's one of several in-demand digital marketing abilities.
Check- Top Digital Marketing Interview Questions- 2022 Guide
Salary of a web developer
A Web developer with less than one year of experience can anticipate an entry-level digital marketing salary of 2 lakhs per year in India, while those with more than 2-3 years of expertise can expect 3-5 lakhs per year.
4. Expert in social media marketing
You must maintain positive interaction and quality content (paid or organic) across all social media channels as a Social Media Marketing Specialist
Salary of a Social Media Marketing SpecialistIn India, a Social Media Marketing Specialist with less than one year of experience can expect to make an average of 2,52,444 as an entry-level digital marketing salary.
An average salary for a Social Media Marketing Specialist with fewer than 4 years of experience is $340,924. In India, people with 5-9 years of experience can expect to earn an average of 6,85,923 each year.
Social Media Analyst/Executive Job Role & Skills
• Social Media Executive must curate relevant & engaging content to reach the target audience.
• Design, create and execute campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Social Media Analyst is the face of the organization on Social Media Platforms.
• The job involves engaging in dialogues & answering queries when required.
• Implementation of a proactive strategy for capturing customer online reviews and ratings.
• Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
5. Expert in Search Engine Marketing
For this job, you'll also need to be familiar with some technical skills, such as basic code, website design concepts, and a working knowledge of search engine algorithms.
Salary of a Search Engine Marketing Specialist
Analytics is one of the most technical digital marketing talents and one of the most important aspects of a digital marketing team. Analytics shows a corporation if they're on the proper course and, as a result, allows them to see what's working and what isn't. In India, a Data Analyst's average entry-level digital marketing salary is 3 lakhs; however, a data analyst with more than 2-3 years of expertise can earn a compensation of 4-5 lakhs per year.
7. Expert in Paid Media
As a Paid Media Specialist, you'll need to be quick to recognise which channels are best for reaching your target audience and innovative with your media buying skills to get the most out of your involvement.
Salary of a Paid Media Specialist
8. Digital Marketing Manager
Salary of a Digital Marketing ManagerIn India, the average annual salary for a Digital Marketing Manager (entry-level) is 5,48,755. A Senior Digital Marketing Manager with over 5-9 years of experience in India earns between Rs 7,09,800 and Rs 10,00,000.
Digital Marketing Manager Job Role & Skills
A DM Manager should be an expert at managing various online marketing functions like SEM, PPC, SEO, Content Marketing, and Email Promotions. These are some of the mandatory skills required to be a digital marketing professional and is a core of the job role. Mentioned below is the list of activities done by the manager on a regular/daily basis.
• Planning, Organising & Executing digital marketing campaigns.
• Managing Paid Marketing Campaigns, budgeting & spends on a monthly/quarterly basis.
• Good understanding of SEO, targeting areas with high search volume, and optimum conversion ratio.
• Executive Social Media Campaign, Organic as well as Paid.
• DM Manager should be an expert in Performance Marketing.
• Measure performance on all digital marketing platforms and analyze against goals (ROI and KPIs).
• Discover market trends and insights, and optimize budget and performance based on the insights.
• DM Manager should be presentable, well-spoken, marketing specialist, and should be updated with the current marketing trends. He should be an expert with numbers, with a good business understanding.
9. Marketing Automation Expert
Project managers, designers, developers, operational initiatives designers, developers, and project managers must all collaborate closely.
Marketing automation professionals are responsible for creating marketing strategies and improving promotional activities in order to increase the company's customer base and revenue.
Salary for Marketing Automation Specialist-
10. Manager of Content Marketing
Pay for a Content Marketing Manager-A Content Marketing Manager's entry-level digital marketing salary in India is anticipated to be around 4,79,323. In India, a Content Marketing Manager with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of 5,13,369 rupees. Content Marketing Managers with 5-9 years of experience in India can expect to earn an average of 8,18,583.
Content Marketing Manager Job Role & Skills-
• Content Manager role involves creating, improving & promoting content to achieve our business goals.
• Content Marketing with the objective to raise brand awareness, increasing web traffic, and enhancing conversion goals.
• He/she must be able to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency, and positive customer experience.
• Candidates are mostly in charge of the website content, blogs, copy, and all communication from and about the business.
• Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
How to start a career in digital marketing?
Digital Marketing and how does it work? What is digital marketing?
Digital Marketing Salary Guide: 10-Year Plan/With respect to experience
|Experience||Job Title||Salary Range Per Month|
|3-6 Months||Intern||Rs 5,000 – Rs 10,000|
|Year 1||Executive||Rs 15,000 – Rs 20,000|
|Year 2||Sr. Executive||Rs 30,000 – Rs 40,000|
|Year 3||Associate Lead||Rs 45,000 – Rs 50,000|
|Year 4||Team Lead||Rs 50,000 – Rs 60,000|
|Year 5||Associate Manager||Rs 65,000 – Rs 80,000|
|Year 6-10||Manager/C-Suite||Rs 1,00,000+|
What Components Affect Your Digital Marketing Salary?
Here are a few more factors that play an important role in how much you can make as a digital marketer in today’s market.
Experience plays a major role in how much you can expect from an employer in every industry. Years of experience in this industry will only grant you a higher digital marketing salary and so on.
However, it’s no secret employers also look for quantifiable wins and if you’re able to achieve them consistently, they would be more than willing to offer a salary boost for the same.
Just like we like those extra toppings on our ice cream sundaes, employers too, prefer applicants with added skills. In the digital landscape, more digital skills translate to a higher digital marketing salary.
Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be a jack of all trades but you can surely equip skills that complement your specialization. For example, a Social Media Marketer with copywriting, designing, and Paid media skills are much more appealing and valuable to an employer than just a social media marketer.
Also, it is very important to learn these skills from a credible source so that your knowledge is not incomplete. IIDE offers a 3-month Online Digital Marketing course which is led by industry experts. This course offers all industry-relevant digital marketing skills & tools. It also includes 100% placement assistance.
The bigger the agency or brand you work for, the higher your salary would be. However, if you’re a fresher, we’d recommend working for a smaller firm first. The pay might not be as appealing as it would be at a larger firm, but your learning curve in just 1 year in a small firm would be much greater.
4. Job Title
Your digital marketing salary would increase as you make your way up the corporate world. For example, a digital marketing manager makes a lot more than a digital marketing executive as a digital marketing manager has a lot more responsibilities and expertise than an executive.
Now that we have seen the digital marketing salaries and the factors that might affect them, here are some common questions:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is digital marketing a good career in India?
In a world that is online 24/7, digital marketing is one of the best choices for the future. 56% of business owners are seeking digital expertise in the market, and the others are already online. A study in the Times of India stated that the digital marketing industry is on track to create 2.5 lakh jobs by the year 2022. Thus, it’s safe to say that digital marketing is a good career in India.
Q. How much do digital marketers earn?
The average digital marketing salary ranges from ₹3,00,000 to ₹12,00,000 per annum. As stated earlier, your digital marketing salary depends on your skill-set, experience, and organization size. Some of the key technical skills required by a digital marketer are Data Analysis, Paid Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Visual Advertising. Digital marketing salary for freshers per month is approximately ₹21,585 in India.
Q. What is the highest salary in digital marketing?
The highest digital marketing salary you can make as an entry-level digital marketer would be around ₹3,00,000 to ₹4,00,000 per annum. With that being said, you can’t definitely single out the highest digital marketing salary. However, for the benefit of our readers, here are some of the highest paying digital marketing roles – Digital Media Managers, Pay-Per-Click Managers, SEO Specialists, Visual Designers, E-commerce Specialists, and more.
Q. How much can a freelancer earn in digital marketing in India?
A typical digital marketing freelancer can rake up to ₹5,17,203 in India. A digital marketing freelancer’s salary can vary depending on the project size, client portfolio, work experience, and skill-set. As a freelancer, the amount you make will directly depend on how many hours you’re willing to put in a day.
We hope this blog helped you gain a little more perspective on whether you want to take on this career path. While the digital marketing salary is a definite bonus, there are many other benefits of a digital marketing career, resulting in many graduates and working professionals eyeing this career option.
To know more about digital marketing, go through this video-