1. Do not ___________ your own personal views upon the reader.
2. This school isn’t ______________ from the last one.
(a) more different
(b) any different
(d) any difference
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: English QuizI have decided _____ my course of action.
4. She __________ him angrily because he made the floor dirty with his muddy shoes.
5. He walked along the road wondering what __________ happened and where all the people had gone.
6. The criminal was __________ lest he should escape.
7. Legislation was passed to punish brokers who ________ their client’s funds.
8. His father was _________ the same business.
(a) managing over
(b) engaged in
(c) endowed with
(d) enlisted in
9. It is due to this lethargy that the plan fell _________
10. He has no recommendations; he will ________get the job.
1. (d) Impose = to force; to make somebody accept something.
2. (b) It is a negative sentence.
3. (a) Here, preposition ‘on/upon’ should be used.
4. (c) The sentence shows past time. Hence, Past Simple .... should be used.
5. (a) Here, Past Perfect should be used. Reporting verb is in Past Tense.
6. (b) Fetter (Verb) = to restrict somebody’s freedom to do what they want; put chains around a prisoner’s feet; shackle. Here, Past participle should be used. The sentence is in Passive Voice.
7 (c) Defalcate (Verb) = to misuse or misappropriate property; embezzle.
8. (b) Engaged in = busy doing something.
9. (c) Fall through = to not be completed or not happen.
10. (a) However is used to introduce a statement that contrasts with something.