As English section is one of the most scoring sections of the exam hence candidates should prepare properly for it to score well. So here are a few tips for candidates to prepare for the English section of IBPS PO exam.
1. Being familiar with the topics– It’s important for a candidate to be familiar with the topics from which questions are going to come in English section.
Source: amar ujalaIt’s important to know the topics so that the candidate can work to improve each and every part of the English section. English section can be broadly divided into 4 topics – Reading Comprehension, vocabulary, grammar and verbal ability.
2. Enhancing Vocabulary– Vocabulary is very important for any bank exam as good knowledge of vocabulary would help candidates to understand the meaning of words.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
3. Focusing on Grammar– To score well in grammar, the candidates should first try to clear their grammar basics and then should focus on sentence formation, sentence correction etc. The candidates can solve grammar exercises online to practice and improve their English grammar.
5. Time Management- Managing time in an exam is very important. The candidate should not spend much time on any one question and try to solve questions as much as possible. For this, while solving practice papers one can have use timer or stopwatch to improve time management.
6. Solving Old papers– The candidates can solve old question papers of up to 5 years to have an idea about the type of questions and pattern of English section in IBPS PO exam.
7. Avoiding Guesswork– The candidates should avoid guesswork in exam and should not attempt the questions when they are not sure about the answer. As this can lead to negative marking and can affect your final scores.