The National Recruitment Agency (NRA) is expected to conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) for Group B, Group C, and Group D posts in the Government of India.
NRA was formed through the provisions of the Budget in the year 2018.
The stated aim of NRA is to free students from unnecessary hassle around multiple examinations for similar posts.
Currently, the exams for Group B, Group C, and D posts are conducted by agencies like IBPS, SSC, RRB, and other Departments conducting one-day exams.
At present, the objective of NRA is to do away with multiple examinations at least for the screening process or prelims.
The prima facie rules and conditions related to NRA CET appear to be friendly to students, with provisions like the validity of scores for three years, no limitations on the number of attempts, and the best of three scores being considered valid. NRA is a step towards revolutionizing the examination process in India and bringing it in line with the best practices followed worldwide.
NRA CET Latest News 2022
- 22nd May 2022: Union Minister Jitendra Singh announced that NTA is gearing up to conduct an Online CBT Common Eligibility Test for recruitment to Non-gazetted posts by the end of the year.
24th March 2022: As per the latest update by GoI, a committee has been set up to recommend the common syllabus and scheme for CET by NRA.
- Union Minister Dr.
Source: safalta.comJitendra Singh has announced that the NRA CET Exam has been scheduled to be conducted from early 2022 across the country including at two centers in Ladakh.
- The initiative from the Centre will be undertaken with the personal intervention of the Prime Minister.
- PM Narendra Modi announced that NRA CET will start in 2022 in a 'School Education in the 21st Century’ conclave.
- The Union Minister Jitendra Singh has recently announced that the state and union Territories (UTs) will consider the NRA CET Score for the state government recruitment process.
- CET will have no correlation or incompatibility with the rules of recruitment such as domicile, etc.
- As stated by Union Minister Jitendra Singh, public sector undertakings (PSUs) and the private sector will consider the CET Score.
- Gradually other languages in the 8th schedule of the Constitution will also be included apart from the 12 Languages that are being finalized for CET.
For further updates on NRA CET Exam stay tuned with Safalta.com.
NRA CET Official Notification PDF Download 2022
We have provided various government notices and notifications below to help you have more understanding of NRA CET. You can directly download them by clicking on the links given below.
- NRA CET Official Notification PDF Download
- NRA CET Official Notice PDF Download
- NRA CET Official Orders PDF Download
NRA CET 2022
As per the official data on average 2.5 crore to 3 crore aspirants appear for about 1.25 lakh vacancies in the central government every year. Years-long processes and recruitment cycles are not new to aspirants for government jobs. NRA is mandated to reduce the time, cost, and resources utilized in recruitment. As per the initial information, the NRA’s Common Eligibility Test will replace the prelims for exams like IBPS, SSC, and RRB. Candidates who pass the NRA CET will appear for the next stage under the respective agency. Several other departments have time and again expressed willingness to conduct a single examination followed by Physical and other tests.
National Recruitment Agency
Common Eligibility Test
Level of exam
Frequency of exam
Twice a year
12 Major Indian Languages
Validity of Score
For 3 years number
r Of Attempts
No information as of now
NRA will notify as pet requirement, across the nationwide
e of Exam
NRA CET Covered Examinations
NRA CET will be conducted based on three educational criteria- 10th pass, 12th pass, and Graduation. The first round of various exams which is the Tier I or screening process will be undertaken by NRA and CET will be conducted for all of these different exams. The expected examination to be under NRA is covered below, the actual examination may differ as this is only speculation based on available information.
Examination expected to be merged with NRA
Staff Selection Commission
Other Graduate & Undergraduate Level Jobs
As the Government may assign.
NRA CTET Examination Dates
NRA CET is as of now in the inception stage there is no definite idea about the examination process or dates. As per media reports the Ministry Of Education informed parliament of possible examination in January 2022 or early 2022.
Starting For Online Registrations
Will be updated soon
Deadline For Online Registrations
Will be updated soon admit
t Card Release
Will be updated soon
NRA CET Eligibility Criteria
The information here is only as per the eligibility for various examinations conducted now. Since NRA and CET are yet to see daylight, we are only speculating on the possible eligibility condition. The eligibility criteria for NRA CET will be announced once the official notification for the important dates of the examination is released. Basic NRA CET eligibility criteria are expected to be as given below:
s per the post candidate should have passed – Class 10, Class 12, or graduation
e limit there
e should be an upper age limit for the exam. which can be in the range of 25 to 32 years. The relaxations in the age limit are expected to continue.
Number of attempts
There is no bar on the number of attempts one can take for the exam, subject to the upper age limit prescribed.
To know about NRA CET eligibility criteria in detail, click here.
NRA CET Syllabus
The syllabus for NRA CET will likely be the same as is for Tier I exams of various Bank, SSC, and RRB Exams. The final syllabus will be announced along with the official notification for the exam. There will be a common CET syllabus for the Tier I exam of various organizations. Click here to learn more about the NRA CET syllabus.
NRA CET Exam Pattern
NRA CET exam pattern will be nearly the same as the pattern of Tier I exams of SSC, Bank, and RRB Exams. The exam pattern for the three levels will be in line with the pattern of the preliminary exam that is conducted currently. However, we await the official notification of the exam for more detailed information on the NRA CET exam pattern. To know more, click here- NRA CET Exam Pattern.
NRA CET for SSC Exams
Staff Selection Commission is one of the primary exam-conducting bodies in the country. It conducts various exams such as SSC CGL, CHSL, CPO, Steno Group C, Group D, and so on. Candidates who wanted to appear for multiple examinations could not do so because of the exam date clashes. NRA CET will be a boon for all the candidates aspiring to get an SSC job. They will appear for a common CET test based on which they can further appear for their dream exam. SSC exams that will be covered under NRA CET are SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, SSC Steno Group C, Group D, JHT, and so on.
NRA CET for Bank Exams
NRA will conduct a common exam- CET for Bank (Group B & C) Non-Gazetted Exams mainly for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, and IBPS SO. Candidates do not have to be constantly engaged in the Tier I Exam of various banking exams and can focus better on Tier II and Interviews to get selected. Hence, NRA CET is a big relief for banking aspirants.
NRA CET for Railways Exams
NRA CET is going to take over stage I of RRB Group B and C Exams. Based on the scores in the NRA CET Exam candidates can appear for the higher stages of the selection process.
NRA CET Score and Validity
- CET is the screening level exam for the Tier I stage of SSC, RRB, and IBPS Exams.
- It will assess the aptitude of the candidates and will be considered the Tier I Exam for various exams that are conducted.
- The score received by candidates in the NRA CET Exam will be valid for three years.
- Candidates can further take the CET Exam to improve their score if they wish to.
- Candidates can select their desired Tier 2 and Tier 3 exams after qualifying CET.
- The score will be valid for State and UT-level government exams.
- PSUs and the private sector are also expected to consider CET scores in the future.
NRA CET Best Books for Preparation
If you are aspiring to appear for the NRA CET Exam and want to start your preparation, then you can refer to the books given below:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations by Nishant K Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation Topic-wise Solved Papers by Kiran Prakashan
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- High School English Grammar and Comprehension by Wren Martin
Advantages of the NRA CET Exam
- The NRA CET Exam will have some major advantages which can be summed up below:
- Streamline competitive examinations and will bring uniformity in the syllabus and exam pattern for similar posts.
- Will expedite the examination process.
- The need to appear for multiple examinations will no longer exist.
- The candidates will be less burdened financially as the multiple fees will not be paid.
- The resources will be used optimally.
- NRA CET scores may be further used by State Governments.
- This can reduce the bottlenecks and corrupt practices if any.
We hope this article helped explain the NRA CET exam. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, then download our app- 'Exam Taiyari App' and boost your preparation.