1. The ratio between the length and the breadth of a rectangular park is 3 : 2. If a man cycling along the boundary of the park at the speed of 12 km/hr completes one round in 8 minutes, then the area of the park (in sq. m) is:
2. An error 2% in excess is made while measuring the side of a square. The percentage of error in the calculated area of the square is
3. The ratio between the perimeter and the breadth of a rectangle is 5 : 1. If the area of the rectangle is 216 sq. cm, what is the length of the rectangle?
a) 16 cm
b) 18 cm
c) 20 cm
d) 24 cm
4. The percentage increase in the area of a rectangle, if each of its sides is increased by 20% is:
a) 42 %
b) 44 %
c) 46 %
d) 40 %
5. A rectangular park 60 m long and 40 m wide has two concrete crossroads running in the middle of the park and rest of the park has been used as a lawn. If the area of the lawn is 2109 sq. m, then what is the width of the road?
6. The diagonal of the floor of a rectangular closet is 7
feet. The shorter side of the closet is 4
feet. What is the area of the closet in square feet?
7. A towel, when bleached, was found to have lost 20% of its length and 10% of its breadth. The percentage of decrease in area is
8. A man walked diagonally across a square lot. Approximately, what was the percent saved by not walking along the edges?
9. The diagonal of a rectangle is √
41 cm and its area is 20 sq. cm. The perimeter of the rectangle must be
10. What is the least number of squares tiles required to pave the floor of a room 15 m 17 cm long and 9 m 2 cm broad?