Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.comAlong with the syllabus, candidates should also know about the exam pattern in detail. Read this article to know everything about SEBI Grade A syllabus and so on. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, you can check out our monthly FREE Current Affairs Ebook- Download Now.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022
SEBI Grade A Syllabus: Paper I
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Number System and Conversions
- Logical Reasoning etc.
- Error Spotting
- Column based Fillers and Sentence Connectors
- Paragraph Completion
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Idioms & Phrases etc.
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- HCF and LCM
- Inequality (Quadratic & Quantity based)
- Profit and Loss
- Time and work & Pipe and cistern
- Permutation, Combination & Probability
- Problem on Ages
- Work and Time
- Speed Distance and Time
- Average, Ratio and Proportion, etc.
- Current Affairs
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Awards and Honours
- Important Financial & Economic News
- Important Days
- International & National Organizations
- Books and Authors
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Countries & Capitals etc
SEBI Grade A Syllabus: Paper II
- Management:-its nature and scope; The Management Processes. Planning, Organization, Staffing, Directing, and Controlling.
- The Role of a Manager in an Organization. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader.
- Leadership Styles;-Leadership Theories;A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development:-Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD
- Motivation, Morale, and Incentives:-Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Accounting as a financial information system
- Accounting Standards with specific reference to Accounting for Depreciation, Inventories, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, Foreign Exchange Transactions, Investments.
- Cash Flow Statement, Fund flow statement, Financial statement analysis; Ratio analysis
- Accounting for Share Capital Transactions including Bonus Shares, Right Shares.
- Employees Stock Option and Buy-Back of Securities.
- Preparation and Presentation of Company Final Accounts.
Financial Markets:- Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Direct and Indirect taxes;-Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act(FRBM),
- Inflation:-Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI-components, and trends
- Overview of Cost and Management Accounting- Introduction to Cost and Management Accounting, Objectives and Scope of Cost and Management Accounting.
- Methods of Costing- Single Output/ Unit Costing, Job Costing, Batch Costing, Contract Costing, Process/ Operation Costing, Costing of Service Sectors.
- Basics of Cost Control and Analysis- (a) Standard Costing, (b) Marginal Costing, (c) Budget, and Budgetary Control.
- Lean System and Innovation - Introduction to Lean System, Just-in-Time (JIT), Kaizen Costing, 5 Ss, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Cellular Manufacturing/ One-Piece Flow Production Systems, Six Sigma (SS), Introduction to Process Innovation and Business Process Re-engineering(BPR)
The Companies Act, 2013- Specific reference to Chapter III, Chapter IV, Chapter VIII, Chapter X, Chapter XI, Chapter XII, and Chapter XXVII.
- Demand and Supply, Market Structures, National Income:-Concepts and Measurement, Classical Vs Keynesian Approach Determination of output and employment, Consumption Function, Investment Function, Multiplier and Accelerator, Demand and Supply for Money, IS-LM, Inflation and Phillips Curve, Business Cycles
- Balance of Payments, Foreign Exchange Markets, Inflation, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Non-banking Financial Institutions.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus: Stream-wise
|Phase I||Phase II|
- Database Concepts
- SQL Queries
- Programming Concepts (Java/C C++ )
- Data Analytics Languages (Python / R)
- Algorithms for problem-solving
- Networking Concepts
- Information & Cyber Security Concepts
- Data warehousing
- Shell Programming
|Topic||Concept||Language to test concepts||Weightage|
|Algorithms||Sorting, Searching, Greedy
Algorithms, Dynamic Programming,
Backtracking, Divide and Conquer,
|Data Structure||Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue,
Binary Tree, Indexing, Binary Search
Tree, Heap, Hashing, Matrix
|String Manipulation||Length, Substring, Regex, Search||C++/JAVA/Python||20|
- Demand and Supply
- Market Structures
- National Income
- Determination of output and employment
- Investment Function
- Multiplier and Accelerator
- Demand and Supply for Money
- IS-LM, Inflation and Phillips Curve
- Business Cycles
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Non-banking Financial Institutions
- Public Goods
- Tax & Non-Tax Revenue
- Direct & Indirect Taxes
- Progressive and Non-Progressive Taxation
- Incidence and Effects of Taxation
- Public expenditure
- Public Debt
- Public Budget
- Budget Multiplier
Statistics and Econometrics:
- Measures of Central tendency & dispersions
- Sampling methods
- Sampling Distribution
- Statistical Inferences
- Hypothesis testing
- Regression Analysis
- Balance of Payments
- Foreign Exchange Markets
- Role of International Financial Institutions: BIS, IOSCO, IMF & World Bank
- Asymmetric Information
- Market Model
- Market Efficiency
- Primary Market
- Secondary Market
- Commodity Markets
- Mutual Funds
- Stock Exchanges
- Clearing Corporations
- Credit Rating Agencies
- rate Debt Market
- Forwards, Futures, Options, Hedging,
- Speculation and Arbitrage