Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam popularly known as SSC CHSL is conducted every year by the Staff Selection Commission for selection of candidates to the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO) for the various ministries and departments of the Government of India.
Learn English for free click here
Click here to attempt free mock test of SSC CHSL
The examination will consist of:
Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)
Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III).
In this article we will discuss about Tier - III Which is Skill Test/ Typing Test .
Skill Test/ Typing Test for the shortlisted candidates will be conducted on the computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency. This test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission. This test will be of qualifying nature and Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places. This test will be conducted as per the following scheme:
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
- Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators and no candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
- ‘Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (Eight Thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer. The passage to be entered in the Computer may also be displayed on the computer screen.
- For the post of Data Entry Operator Grade ‘A’ in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):The 'speed of 15000 (Fifteen Thousand)Key Depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage.
Source: SAFALTAThe duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer. The passage to be entered in the Computer may also be displayed on the computer screen.
- Candidates eligible for scribe will be given compensatory time of 5 minutes. Therefore, duration of Skill Test for such candidates will be 20 minutes.
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:
- The medium of Typing Test will be Hindi or English. The candidates will have to opt for the medium of Typing Test (i.e. either Hindi or English) in the online Application Form.
- The choice of Typing Test given by the candidate in the online Application Form shall be treated as final and no change in the medium of Typing Test will be entertained later.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.). 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to about 10500 key depressions per hour and about 9000 key depressions per hour respectively
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Candidates eligible for scribe will be given compensatory time of 5 minutes. Therefore, duration of Typing Test for such candidates will be 15 minutes.
- Passage Dictators will be provided to those VH candidates for the Typing test who have opted for scribe in the online Application Form. The Passage Dictator will read out the passage to VH candidate within the allotted time period.
- Persons with Disabilities candidates who claim to be permanently unfit to take the Typing Test because of a physical disability may, with the prior approval of the Commission, be exempted from the requirement of appearing and qualifying at such test, provided such a candidate submits a Certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure-XIII) to the Commission from the competent Medical Authority, i.e., the Civil Surgeon of a Government Health Care Institution declaring him/ her to be permanently unfit for the Typing Test because of a physical disability. In addition, such candidates must substantiate their claim by furnishing the relevant Medical Certificate in the prescribed format as per Annexure-X to Annexure-XII of the Notice of Examination, as applicable, at the time of Typing Test. Otherwise their claim for seeking exemption from Typing Test will not be entertained by the Commission.
How To Prepare Quantitative Aptitude For Ssc Chsl Exam? (safalta.com)
HOW TO PREPARE FOR SSC CHSL 2021?
Safalta has started an online batch for SSC CHSL for those students who are preparing for the entrance exams.
The course will provide 180+ downloadable study material , classes of 2 hours daily (mon- sat),counselling session by expert facilities , strategy and techniques on how to solve the examination,a telegram group with regular updates ,weekly test , special question and answer sessions and many more
Ssc Chsl Crash Course 2021 (safalta.com)
Ssc Chsl 2020-21 Selection Batch (safalta.com)