Preparing for the CLAT exam math section means that it is very important to strategize a plan that works the best. With proper preparation, technique candidates can score well in this section.
KEY TIPS FOR PREPRATION OF MATHS
1. Practice makes you perfect
Make it a goal to solve at least 20 relevant questions daily. Go by practicing specific topics for the first two months and mixed topics for the whole of the last month. Time yourself regularly.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
2. Mocks + Analysis = Perfect Strategy
This is very important for the maths section. While a good amount of practice is good, these give you a taste of the level of questions that come in the exam. It also helps you develop a sense of the pattern of questions.
Don’t just practice, evaluate yourself! As you proceed with the topics you will start to identify your strong and weak areas. A common mistake made by candidates is that they tend to overdo their weaknesses and ignore their strengths. You have to make consistent efforts to work on both and not lose your grasp. Also, focus on your mock analysis; know what time you are spending on the section, what will the fastest way to solve a question and what topics you need to focus on.
3. Some things are meant to be mugged up
While it’s true that Maths is something that can never be mugged up, there some formulas and tricks that you need to memorize by applying them thoroughly. Every topic has its own formulas and certain tricks that can help you to save time. Prepare a formula sheet and stick it at someplace you can look at daily. Keep the tricks in mind while solving the questions.
4. A few useful tips:
- Memorize tables up to 20, squares up to 30 and cubes up to 20. This will be useful in both maths as well as the logical reasoning section.
- Work upon the variations in the practical usage of formulas. For example, in mensuration, the formulas need to be applied judiciously to arrive at the right result.
- Out of the 20 questions, at least 10 can be solved in less than 1 minute. Identify the first, to maximize your score.
- Don’t spend more than 15 minutes on this section unless you have completed the rest of the exams already.