Messenger software is a one-stop solution for virtual interactions because it includes payments, location sharing, audio/video conversations, and document attachments. WhatsApp Business was introduced in 2018 to provide services to small business owners. Nevertheless, its primary goal is to aid businesses who wish to market their brand or support clients on WhatsApp.
Source: SafaltaBoth applications differ in terms of their operating capability. Let us now look at the distinctions between business versions of WhatsApp and WhatsApp. Boost your Skills by learning: Digital Marketing
Table of Content:
1) What Exactly Is WhatsApp?
2) What is WhatsApp Business?
3) Difference between WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business
4) WhatsApp Business Features
What Exactly Is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp Messenger is a free instantaneous messaging program for Android and iOS. It enables you to send messages by text to other users individually or in groups. Additionally, WhatsApp chats are transmitted via the World Wide Web. WhatsApp contains all of the capabilities you'd expect from modern messaging software inside conversations, such as the ability to exchange photographs, reveal your location, search for and send GIFs, and so on.
WhatsApp, in addition to messaging, enables phone calls, video calls, and recorded voice messages. Not mentioning WhatsApp's numerous hidden features. WhatsApp was established by two former Yahoo! employees in 2009. Since Facebook bought the application (now known as Meta) in 2014, it has been within the Facebook umbrella. The service has a large user base; by 2020, it will have more than two billion users globally.
Download these Free EBooks: Introduction to digital marketing
What is WhatsApp Business?
WhatsApp Business is a free app to download. It's accessible for Android and iPhone and was designed with small company owners in mind. WhatsApp Business promotes customer connection by providing tools for automating, sorting, and responding to messages quickly. You may use it for whatever you're used to, from texting to exchanging images.
Difference between WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business:
WhatsApp is mostly used by individuals for private communication. WhatsApp Business, on the other hand, focuses on business owners and lets them to interact with their customers. Both channels are also accessible via WhatsApp Web. In the next section, we will look at how WhatsApp varies from WhatsApp Business.
There is no need to be concerned about security because both applications use end-to-end encryption for messages. Each message is totally protected by a layer-based protocol that is unavailable to third-party users. This guarantees that every communication exchanged across both platforms is safely delivered to its intended recipient. According to the most recent policy change, all WhatsApp actions are kept private. WhatsApp cannot read your messages, hear your calls, or access location information or file attachments. Business accounts, on the other hand, can collect client information to improve their services.
2) Profile Connection:
Both applications feature click-to-chat links, QR code connections, and phone number interaction. This function works greatest for private or official WhatsApp chats. The click-to-chat link function offers a link via which a user may establish a chat with your account by just clicking the link. You may easily construct your own WhatsApp click-to-chat link. The QR code requires the user to scan the code and then establish a chat. Each profile has a distinctive QR code, which you can discover in WhatsApp settings; following entering, you'll see a QR code symbol beneath your name. Only WhatsApp Business owners, on the other hand, may produce a Shortlink from their profile settings and share it with their clients, which they can use to initiate chats with your Business account.
3) Contact Information Labels:
WhatsApp Personal does not support this function, however, WhatsApp Business does. You may use this functionality to generate custom label names to organize contacts. This is a useful tool that allows you to pick labels and organize your data wisely.
4) Design and Development Platform:
WhatsApp is written in the Erlang language for programming and runs on the FreeBSD OS. Both applications use the same platform for conversational interactions. Both applications, however, have distinct branding.
5) Automated Messaging:
Messages on personal WhatsApp Messenger cannot be automated. However, there are three types of message automation capabilities (triggers) in the WhatsApp Business app:
- Quick responses
- Greeting cards
- Away messages
Read Also: How to Become An Advanced Ranking SEO Practitioner
WhatsApp Business Features:
- Message for Leaving: Away messages are similar to greeting cards. People attempting to contact the firm after your office hours receive a personalized message. You may send a personalized greeting or indicate when you're at work. You may program them to activate at a specific time. Setting up an away message: Away message > "Activate away message" under Settings > Business settings. You may also modify your away text from this location and schedule when it will be sent. You have three options: Always transmit, Custom scheduling, and after working hours.
- Individualized and private: Direct messaging is ideal for personalized offers and personalized customer support. In a secure, one-on-one conversation, you may send personal account passwords, order updates, and offer support. Unlike on-site upsell widgets, you may ask questions to create specific product suggestions.
- Contact Information: Businesses may organize their contacts and label them for simple access. This allows you to effortlessly browse through your contacts and organize them.
- Support for many devices: Manage your WhatsApp Business account from numerous devices, such as tablets and smartphones, in order to keep in touch with your customers. Reply to messages from anywhere and enhance the customer experience.
- Message templates: Using message templates, you can ensure a unified voice for the brand and customer experience by producing pre-written messages for frequent circumstances. This is one of the best WhatsApp Business accounts features for boosting consumer satisfaction and minimizing effort by responding to common customer concerns fast and regularly.
- Contact individuals at any time and from any location: WhatsApp for business allows for real-time communication. While individuals frequently put off reading emails, they generally check new messages immediately, especially when they are on the go. In the first five minutes, 80% of WhatsApp messages are read. Indeed, WhatsApp messages have an unrivaled 98% open rate and a 45-60% click rate.
- Encryption from beginning to end: End-to-end encryption keeps your customers' information private and safe. All communications sent using WhatsApp Business are encrypted from beginning to end, making them impossible to access or read.
WhatsApp Messenger is a free instant messaging app available for both Android and iOS. It allows you to send text messages to other users individually or in groups. WhatsApp messages are also carried through the Internet. Inside discussions, WhatsApp has all of the features you'd expect from current messaging software, such as the ability to trade images, show your position, search for and send GIFs, and so on.
WhatsApp supports phone calls, video calls, and recorded voice messages in addition to texting. Not to mention WhatsApp's plethora of hidden functions. WhatsApp was founded in 2009 by two former Yahoo! employees. Since Facebook purchased the app (now known as Meta) in 2014, it has been within the Facebook umbrella. The service has a big user base; it will have more than two billion users worldwide by 2020.
Read More: Top 15 B2B Content Marketing Agencies in Noida
Is a WhatsApp Business account superior than a regular WhatsApp account?
Is it possible to use WhatsApp Business for personal purposes?
What are the advantages of having a WhatsApp Business account?
- Improve your client service.
- Create a personal relationship with your consumers.
- Meet your consumers right where they are.
- Learn more about consumer behaviours and happiness.
- Discover yourself using the WhatsApp yellow pages.
- Take advantage of the first mover advantage.
- Use WhatsApp to increase the effectiveness of your marketing.