Online video advertising is a potent tool for brand visibility and engagement, surpassing text-based content. It suits all sales funnel stages, enhancing brand awareness by evoking emotions and values. Effective videos boost brand metrics, engagement, conversions, and awareness, leaving a memorable impact. To excel, grasp brand awareness growth. Create valuable, engaging videos for a unified brand experience across platforms.
Source: SafaltaYouTube, a vast audience hub, amplifies visibility and outreach, making it a key platform for showcasing content and expanding brand awareness. Video marketing thrives: 60% of businesses engage, 30% prioritize it over websites, and 53% affirm brand awareness impact, citing trust-building and high ROI satisfaction.
Table of Contents:
The Impacts of Online Video Advertising
Enhanced Interactions and Awareness of the Brand
7 Tips to Boost Brand Awareness Using Online Video Advertising
The Importance of Video Marketing
Basic Mistakes in Online Video Advertising
Online Video Advertising (OLV) elevates engagement, brand awareness, and conversions through immersive storytelling.
With a higher CTR than text or image ads, videos foster trust and longer audience relationships, conveying 95% of a brand's message for better retention.
They boost sales by 64% post-viewing and enhance SEO by driving site traffic.
Targeted outreach expands reach, leveraging diverse formats across platforms for brand expression.
OLV's versatility caters to varied audiences, showcasing brand personality effectively.
Ultimately, it's a potent tool for businesses, amplifying impact through storytelling, trust-building, and tailored outreach.
Enhanced interactions and awareness of the brand are some of the key impacts of online video advertising. Video advertising can significantly contribute to a brand's visibility and recognition. It may achieve this in a few different ways, such as:
- Developing and building brand awareness: To elevate brand awareness, prioritize consistency across channels, offer value beyond products, support causes, leverage multiple channels, collaborate with like-minded influencers, share industry expertise, personalize advertising, sponsor aligned events, and empower authentic employee advocacy for a holistic brand approach.
- Reaching a wider audience: To widen audience reach, use diverse channels like social media, email, and traditional methods. Understand your audience, leverage satisfied customers for word-of-mouth, engage via social media, tailor efforts to preferences, optimize web content for SEO and UX, and integrate channels for an omnichannel approach.
- Creating a more memorable impression: Create a lasting impression through storytelling, visuals, and authenticity. Actively listen, use compelling openings, reinforce key points, exude confidence, and follow up post-event. These strategies enhance memorability in meetings, networking, or professional gatherings, fostering connection and impact.
- Increased engagement: Boost engagement by recognizing efforts, aligning work with values, fostering open communication, and active listening. Lead by embodying core values, encourage volunteering, and support employee well-being. These strategies enhance both employee and audience engagement, vital for organizational success and connection.
- Storytelling and emotional connection: Storytelling's emotional power fosters empathy and shared experiences, driving strong audience connections. Emotional narratives evoke pleasure, empathy, and relatability, triggering brain responses like dopamine release. Businesses leveraging emotional triggers in branding create lasting connections, aligning with customer motivations and forging deep emotional ties with their audience.
- Improved SEO: Enhance SEO with quality content, optimise existing material, prioritise user experience, relevant keywords, high-quality backlinks, meta tag optimization, and social media leverage. These strategies boost website visibility, rankings, and traffic, which are crucial for increased online presence and improved search engine performance.
- Brand consistency and reinforcement: Ensure brand consistency by establishing guidelines, utilizing consistent colours and fonts, and developing a unified brand voice. Educate employees, monitor brand performance, and leverage reinforcement strategies like storytelling and loyalty programs. These practices strengthen brand identity, and recognition, and foster lasting customer relationships.
Social media and video-sharing platforms have heightened video marketing's significance, democratising content creation. This accessibility allows businesses of all sizes and individuals to craft high-quality videos. Explainer videos and concise product/service explainers are vital in marketing strategies. Vlogs, interviews, presentations, tutorials, reviews, demos, live streams, testimonials, and ads are prevalent video types. Brands harness video marketing for impactful, viral campaigns, setting examples as exemplary case studies and illustrating its power in today's diverse content creation and dissemination landscape.
Now that you've seen the most common video marketing blunders that might endanger brand awareness, it's time to move on and discuss strategies that can help. Once more, the entire procedure offers you a plethora of options; yet, certain approaches have shown to yield far greater results than others. These are the top seven strategies that work:
- Strategy for Content Creation: Creating a sustainable video content strategy involves two core steps. Firstly, a content calendar ensures consistent, timely content aligned with key events and promotions. Secondly, channel selection should match the audience: B2B might opt for LinkedIn, while B2C leans toward platforms like Instagram or Facebook. Consistency across channels is pivotal, aligning brand identity (visual elements, values) with the target audience's preferences, demographics, and behaviours. Understanding the audience deeply—age, gender, lifestyle, income—is crucial as they consume the content, guiding content creation to resonate effectively with their interests and values.
- Mind the Video Format: Diversify video formats for broader audience appeal: focus on tutorials and client testimonials for product visibility. Maintain a balanced 80/20 ratio—80% educational content, 20% promotional—to grow followers and generate leads sustainably. Emphasize 'How To' videos, user guides, and industry reports for information while integrating entertaining content like GIFs and humour to engage and amuse the audience periodically, catering to varying consumer preferences.
- Headlines and Thumbnails for YouTube: Maximise YouTube video impact by focusing on crucial details like headlines and thumbnails. Craft compelling headlines with targeted keywords using search tools or alternative phrases to avoid competition with industry giants. Thumbnails play a pivotal role—use real snapshots and engaging visuals, featuring human faces when possible. Avoid generic images; opt for actionable thumbnails to captivate users, increasing the likelihood of them choosing your video over competitors', and enhancing visibility and click-through rates.
- Write a Good Description: Maximise YouTube visibility with impactful video descriptions. Keep them concise, around 300 words, enticing without revealing everything, leaving room for CTAs and relevant URLs. Include targeted URLs at the start for immediate action. Use keywords sparingly—three to four times—to aid search engine discovery without overstuffing. Combine compelling video content with corresponding text for optimal impact. Well-crafted descriptions serve as search engine aids, CTAs, and complements to video content, enhancing brand visibility and engagement.
- Facebook Videos: Facebook, generating 8 billion daily video views, rivals YouTube's video dominance. B2C companies leverage Facebook videos, especially for physical products, swiftly showcasing benefits to engage users. Specifics of Facebook video marketing include silent viewing—adding captions for clarity—as most users watch without sound. Tailoring post schedules based on audience behaviours optimizes viewership, considering different age groups' active times. Promoting content is crucial amid online content saturation, with Facebook offering cost-effective avenues for heightened brand visibility, emphasizing the need for strategic planning and adaptation for impactful video marketing on the platform.
- Instagram Videos: Instagram videos rely on hashtags akin to keyword analysis. Identifying popular hashtags and integrating them into videos is crucial for visibility. While Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags, limiting usage to eight or nine maintains relevance and avoids appearing spammy to followers. Opting for fewer hashtags ensures videos remain contextually sound, enhancing their appeal and perceived value among the Instagram audience. Strategic hashtag selection, focusing on relevance and moderation, boosts discoverability and engagement without overwhelming viewers with excessive tagging.
- Blog and Email Videos: Enhance online brand visibility by incorporating videos into blog posts and emails, a tactic demanding some tech proficiency but offering distinct and appealing content. Simplify the process by using GIFs, recognized and reproduced by all emailing and blogging platforms. With an abundance of ready-made GIFs online, adapting and creating unique brand-related content becomes straightforward, providing an engaging and visually dynamic way to connect with audiences in both blogs and emails. This strategy diversifies content, making it more captivating and accessible, contributing to increased brand recognition and engagement.
We must inform you of the common mistakes made in this area before we get into the brand exposure advice linked to videos. We've seen that a lot of video material doesn't provide the expected outcomes due to the following difficulties:
- Staying Focused on the brand instead of the customer: Craft videos addressing audience problems, not just promoting the brand. Avoid overt sales pitches; focus on empathetic storytelling. Understand customer struggles, then present the brand's solution subtly, proving relevance and offering help, fostering a deeper connection and engagement with the audience.
- Not providing instructions: Include clear calls to action (CTA) in videos, guiding viewers on desired actions without being overly pushy. Early CTA placement enhances engagement, suggesting actions like watching more videos, subscribing, or social media following. Utilize various CTA strategies, encouraging shares and leveraging video descriptions for further engagement prompts.
- Not analyzing the results: Analyzing video performance is crucial for improvement. Key metrics like traffic, watch time, and engagement shape strategy. Experimentation via A/B testing unveils optimal CTAs, thumbnails, music, and actors, enhancing video marketing's effectiveness and long-term brand visibility. Regular assessment and adjustment refine content, attracting and retaining a broader audience.
What is online video advertising?
What are the different types of online video ads?
- Pre-roll ads: Before the main video content, these ads play.
- Mid-roll ads: These ads play in the middle of the main video content.
- Post-roll ads: These ads play after the main video content.
- Outstream ads: These ads appear outside the video player, such as in banners or overlays.
- TrueView ads: These ads allow viewers to skip the ad after five seconds if they choose.
- Bumpers ads: These are short, six-second video ads that play before other videos.