Taking these course books as a reference can be really helpful to prepare for any sought exam. You can keep the digital form of the book handy and learn from it without any time constraints.
At safalta, you can access FREE E-BOOKS. These books are not just free of cost, but they are also packed with ample knowledge and information related to your studies.
We also provide FREE MOCK PAPERS, which can help you test your own yourself. These papers can help you prepare for your exams in a better way.
Here, you can learn the NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry Unit 1- The Solid State. Moreover, you can get the links for other chapters to download the links.
The Chapter Goes Like This-
After studying this Unit, you will be able to-
- Describe general characteristics of solid state;
- Distinguish between amorphous and crystalline solids
- Classify crystalline solids on the basis of the nature of binding forces
- Define crystal lattice and unit cell
- Explain close packing of particles
- Describe different types of voids and close packed structures
- Calculate the packing efficiency of different types of cubic unit cells
- Correlate the density of a substance with its unit cell properties
- Describe the imperfections in solids and their effect on properties
- Correlate the electrical and magnetic properties of solids and their structure
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
In this Unit, we shall discuss different possible arrangements of particles resulting in several types of structures and explore why different arrangements of structural units lend different properties to solids. We will also learn how these properties get modified due to the structural imperfections or by the presence of impurities in minute amounts.
In Class XI you have learnt that matter can exist in three states namely, solid, liquid and gas.
Under a given set of conditions of temperature and pressure, which of these would be the most stable state of a given substance depends upon the net effect of two opposing factors.
These are intermolecular forces which tend to keep the molecules (or atoms or ions) closer, and the thermal energy, which tends to keep them apart by making them move faster.
At sufficiently low temperature, the thermal energy is low and intermolecular forces bring them so close that they cling to one another and occupy fixed positions.
These can still oscillate about their mean positions and the substance exists in solid state.
The following are the characteristic properties of the solid state:
General General Characteristics of Solid State
(i) They have definite mass, volume and shape.
(ii) Intermolecular distances are short.
(iii) Intermolecular forces are strong.
(iv) Their constituent particles (atoms, molecules or ions) have fixed positions and can only oscillate about their mean positions.
(v) They are incompressible and rigid.
You can download the complete book from the link given below.
NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry Unit 1- The Solid State- PDF Download
Unit 1: Solid State
अध्याय 1: ठोस अवस्था
Source: safalta.comSafalta provides the latest NCERT course books for all the major subjects of Class 12. A team of proficient teachers drafts these matters in a precise and thorough manner. You can download the PDFs for all the subjects in a chapter-wise format.
These Books are very effective in preparing for annual exams. Here is the PDF for NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry Unit 1- The Solid State.
Where can you download NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry Unit 1 PDF?
Why is NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry the best study material?
- Students gain profound knowledge about Chemistry through the NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry
- The course books contain pictures that can help students in better understanding of the chapters
- These books can help students in self-study
Why is NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry so recommended for board exams?
Are CBSE Books for Class 12 Chemistry important from an examination perspective?
To get outstanding marks, we provide mock test papers that can help gear-up your preparations for exams. Additionally, you can also download e-books to get yourself prepared even in a better way.