Taking these course books as a reference can be really helpful to prepare for any sought exam. You can keep the digital form of the book handy and learn from it without any time constraints.
At safalta, you can access FREE E-BOOKS. These books are not just free of cost, but they are also packed with ample knowledge and information related to your studies.
We also provide FREE MOCK PAPERS, which can help you test your own yourself. These papers can help you prepare for your exams in a better way.
Here, you can learn the NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry Unit 3- Electrochemistry. Moreover, you can get the links for other chapters to download the links.
The Chapter Goes Like This-
After studying this Unit, you will be able to-
- Describe an electrochemical cell and differentiate between galvanic and electrolytic cells
- Apply Nernst equation for calculating the emf of galvanic cell and define standard potential of the cell
- Derive relation between standard potential of the cell, Gibbs energy of cell reaction and its equilibrium constant
- Ddefine resistivity (ρ), conductivity (κ) and molar conductivity (✆m ) of ionic solutions
- Differentiate between ionic (electrolytic) and electronic conductivity
- Describe the method for measurement of conductivity of electrolytic solutions and calculation of their molar conductivity
- Justify the variation of conductivity and molar conductivity of solutions with change in their concentration and define Λ°m (molar conductivity at zero concentration or infinite dilution)
- Enunciate Kohlrausch law and learn its applications
- Understand quantitative aspects of electrolysis
- Describe the construction of some primary and secondary batteries and fuel cells
- Explain corrosion as an electrochemical process
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
In Class XI, Unit 8, we had studied the construction and functioning of Daniell cell (Fig.
This cell converts the chemical energy liberated during the redox reaction
Zn(s) + Cu2+(aq) → Zn2+(aq) + Cu(s)
to electrical energy and has an electrical potential equal to 1.1 V when concentration of Zn2+ and Cu2+ ions is unity (1 mol dm–3)*. Such a device is called a galvanic or a voltaic cell.
If an external opposite potential is applied in the galvanic cell [Fig. 3.2(a)] and increased slowly, we find that the reaction continues to take place till the opposing voltage reaches the value 1.1 V [Fig. 3.2(b)] when, the reaction stops altogether and no current flows through the cell. Any further increase in the external potential again starts the reaction but in the opposite direction [Fig. 3.2(c)]. It now functions as an electrolytic cell, a device for using electrical energy to carry non-spontaneous chemical reactions. Both types of cells are quite important and we shall study some of their salient features in the following pages.
Download the complete book from the link given below.
NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry Unit 3- Electrochemistry- PDF Download
Unit 3: Electrochemistry
अध्याय 3: वैधुतरसायन
Source: safalta.comSafalta provides the latest NCERT course books for all the major subjects of Class 12. A team of proficient teachers drafts these matters in a precise and thorough manner. You can download the PDFs for all the subjects in a chapter-wise format.
These Books are very effective in preparing for annual exams. Here is the PDF for NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry Unit 3- Electrochemistry.
Where can you download NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry Unit 3 PDF?
Why is NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry the best study material?
- Students gain profound knowledge about Chemistry through the NCERT Class 12 Books Chemistry
- The course books contain pictures that can help students in better understanding of the chapters
- These books can help students in self-study
Why is NCERT Books Class 12 Chemistry so recommended for board exams?
Are CBSE Books for Class 12 Chemistry important from an examination perspective?
To get outstanding marks, we provide mock test papers that can help gear-up your preparations for exams. Additionally, you can also download e-books to get yourself prepared even in a better way.