All about the change
Tejas Thackeray, the son of Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and a wildlife researcher and his team discovered a new freshwater fish species, Schistura Hiranyakeshi, near Amboli in Sindhudurg district's Sawantwadi tehsil.
The state government declared the Amboli region a biodiversity heritage site. Schistura is a tiny and colorful fish that thrives in oxygen-rich water and streams.
The Glory of Allapalli in Gadchiroli district, Landor Khori Parkin Jalgaon, Ganesh Khind in Pune, and myristica swamp vegetation in Sindhudurg district had previously been designated as biodiversity heritage sites by the state government.
Tejas Thackeray and co-authors published the freshwater fish species findings in the International Journal of Ichthyology in October 2020 edition.
Concerning the Schistura
- Schistura is a colorful and tiny fish.
- Schistura Hiranyakeshi is a freshwater loach that is a special subspecies of Schistura.
- The Hiranyakeshiriver near Amboli was named after the fish.
- It prefers to live in oxygen-rich water and streams.
What is the significance of it being listed as a biodiversity heritage site?
- The decision was made to preserve Schistura, a freshwater fish species.
- It is a rare species that could become extinct as a result of fishing.
Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister, has launched a first-of-its-kind cruise service between Surat and Diu
Theme, meaning, and everything you need to know about World Autism Awareness Day 2021
Date, importance, and everything you need to know about Good Friday 2021