The digital marketing salary in India is expected to increase by 5-7% in 2024. This is due to the growing demand for digital marketers as businesses increasingly focus on their online presence.
The average salary for a digital marketer in India in 2024 is ₹58,000 per month. This can vary depending on experience, skills, location, and company size.
Source: Safalta.comFor example, a digital marketing manager with 5+ years of experience can earn upwards of ₹10 lakhs per month.
We were facing issues in uprising the business with traditional marketing, nevertheless, we know that the tech would do wonders in the upcoming generation with solid digital marketing courses. They are people who want to get attention from more audiences and engagement in their business which can be achieved through digital marketing skills. Opportunity to grab the best digital marketing jobs has an outline of many following categories from which you will determine your goals through this article.
Grow your Career in Digital Marketing: Click here to enroll now.
Download Now: Free digital marketing e-books [ Get your downloaded e-book now ]
Digital Marketing Salary
Salary for Digital Marketing fresher job roles in India
Specialist in Search Engine Optimization
Pay Per Click (PPC) Expert
Content Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Manager
Social media Manager
Search Engine Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Data Analyst
Salary description according to job titles
What components affect your Digital marketing salary
Digital Marketing is performed with many skills including SEO, emails, PPC, 360 analytics, and content creation.
Ways to optimize these methods online and practice these roles for a professional business need a quicker and smarter working professional.
Therefore, digital marketing professionals are required to work systematically to run a business.
There are many roles in the Digital marketing world where the earning standard is from ₹2LPA to ₹6LPA. With beginners, freshers, and professionals these salary numbers differ. This article further achieved a standard-defining role with Digital Marketing Salary for Freshers and Experienced Professionals In India in 2023.
The average salary of digital marketing freshers or beginners starts from ₹2 LPA- ₹3 LPA which is entry-level and it gradually increases from the position you are in or want to grab the job in varied roles of digital marketing.
Mainly the salary ranges from a fresher content writer to a fresher digital marketing manager stand out with a minimum starting of ₹2 LPA that variable from these categories:
1) Digital Marketing content writer: ₹2 LPA
2) Digital Marketing manager: ₹5 LPA
3) Digital Marketing Executive: ₹2.4 LPA
4) Digital Marketing SEO: ₹1.8 LPA
5) Search Engine Marketing (SEM) specialist: ₹2.3 LPA
6) Social media manager (SMM): ₹2.4 LPA
7) Content Marketing Specialist: ₹2.3 LPA
8) PPC specialist: ₹1.9 LPA
9) Social Media Manager: ₹2 LPA
Read More: What is the role of a content writer in SEO?
Salary of a Search Engine Optimization Specialist
In India, a Search Engine Optimization Specialist with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of ₹3 LPA. In India, Search Engine Optimization Specialists with 5 to 9 years of experience can expect to earn an average of ₹5 LPA.
SEO Analyst / Executive Job Role & Skills
• Search Engine Analysts must have a good understanding of Ranking Algorithms.
• Professionals must be proficient with Technical SEO.
• Improving user experience and complying with Search Engine Guidelines.
• Identifying the most appropriate keywords for the business, and creating informational content around those keywords is a part of the job.
• Understanding various optimization tools like Search Console, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and Similarweb is important. Analytical tools for performance measurement like Google Analytics, Omniture, or Comscore are an added advantage.
Continue reading about digital marketing-
Companies focus on stretching their boundaries and attempting sponsored advertising after achieving organic outcomes. You'll need a solid understanding of campaign creation as well as the psychology behind each meaningful click. This will help you land a job as a PPC Analyst at a top firm.
Salary of a Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
In India, a PPC Analyst with more than two years of experience may expect to earn around ₹2.9 LPA.
PPC Analyst Job Role & Skills
• A PPC Executive must have strong technical & analytical skills.
• Professionals are responsible for managing Paid Ad Campaigns on Google Ads – Search & Display, Bing & other Ad Networks.
• PPC specialists must also manage advertisement campaigns on Facebook, Linkedin, Quora & other Social Media Networks.
• The core job involves maintenance of keyword bids, monitoring daily & monthly budgets, and improving quality score
• Along with the above skills, the candidate with knowledge of using analytics tools like Google Analytics or other reporting tools is preferred.
Pay for a Content Marketing Specialist-
In India, a Content Marketing Specialist with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of ₹5 LPA. Content Marketing Managers with 5-9 years of experience in India can expect to earn an average of ₹9.3 LPA
Content Marketing Manager Job Role & Skills-
• The Content Manager role involves creating, improving & promoting content to achieve our business goals.
• Content Marketing to raise brand awareness, increase web traffic, and enhance conversion goals.
• Professionals must be able to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency, and a positive customer experience.
• Candidates are mostly in charge of the website content, blogs, copy, and all communication from and about the business.
• Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
Salary of a Digital Marketing Manager
In India, A Senior Digital Marketing Manager with over 5-9 years of experience in India earns between ₹10 LPA - ₹11 LPA
Digital Marketing Manager Job Role & Skills
A DM Manager should be an expert at managing various online marketing functions like SEM, PPC, SEO, Content Marketing, and Email Promotions. These are some of the mandatory skills required to be a digital marketing professional and are a core of the job role. Mentioned below is the list of activities done by the manager on a regular/daily basis.
• Planning, Organising, and executing digital marketing campaigns.
• Managing Paid Marketing Campaigns, budgeting & spending on a monthly/quarterly basis.
• Good understanding of SEO, targeting areas with high search volume, and optimum conversion ratio.
• Executive Social Media Campaign, Organic as well as Paid.
• DM Manager should be an expert in Performance Marketing.
• Measure performance on all digital marketing platforms and analyze against goals (ROI and KPIs).
• Discover market trends and insights, and optimize budget and performance based on the insights.
• DM Manager should be a presentable, well-spoken, marketing specialist, and should be updated with the current marketing trends. He should be an expert with numbers, with a good business understanding.
You must maintain positive interaction and quality content (paid or organic) across all social media channels as a Social Media Marketing Specialist.
Salary of a Social Media Manager
In India, The average salary for a Social Media Manager Specialist with fewer than 4 years of experience is ₹4 LPA and people with 5-9 years of experience can expect to earn an average of ₹10 LPA
Social Media Analyst/Executive Job Role & Skills
• Social Media executives must curate relevant & engaging content to reach the target audience.
• Design, create, and execute campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Social Media Analyst is the face of the organization on Social Media Platforms.
• The job involves engaging in dialogues & answering queries when required.
• Implementation of a proactive strategy for capturing customer online reviews and ratings.
• Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
For this job, you'll also need to be familiar with some technical skills, such as basic code, website design concepts, and a working knowledge of search engine algorithms.
Salary of a Search Engine Marketing Specialist
In India, a Search Engine Marketing Specialist with less than four years of experience earns an average of ₹2.3 LPA. Additionally, in India, a Search Engine Marketing Specialist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average of ₹10 LPA.
To learn to grow your career enrol now in a digital marketing course.
Search Engine Marketing Specialist Job Role & Skills:
- Search engine specialists must be known for pricing and costing on ads.
- Acquisition of traffic and audience analytics
- Search engine specialists must figure out the keyword's outstanding
- Search engine specialists must accurate budget calculations.
Analytics is one of the most technical digital marketing talents and one of the most important aspects of a digital marketing team. Analytics shows a corporation if they're on the proper course and, as a result, allows them to see what's working and what isn't.
For more information, search Safalta.com.
Salary of Digital Marketing Data Analyst
In India, a Digital Marketing Data Analyst with more than 2-3 years of expertise can earn a compensation of ₹5 LPA.
Digital Marketing Data Analyst job role & skills:
- Data Analysts recognize the loopholes by retrieving data.
- Analyze the data.
- Plan out the structure of the business for further planning.
- Measure KPIs with strategic planning.
₹ 5,000 – ₹ 10,000
₹ 15,000 – ₹20,000
₹ 30,000 – ₹ 40,000
₹ 45,000 – ₹ 50,000
₹ 50,000 – ₹ 60,000
₹ 65,000 – ₹ 80,000
Experience- Experience plays a major role in how much you can expect from an employer in every industry. Years of experience in this industry will only grant you a higher digital marketing salary and so on.
However, it’s no secret that employers also look for quantifiable wins and if you’re able to achieve them consistently, they would be more than willing to offer a salary boost for the same.
Job Title- Your digital marketing salary will increase as you make your way up the corporate world. For example, a digital marketing manager makes a lot more than a digital marketing executive as a digital marketing manager has a lot more responsibilities and expertise than an executive.
You can read more article on career: click here
We hope this blog helped you gain a little more perspective on whether you want to take on this career path. While the digital marketing salary is a definite bonus, there are many other benefits of a digital marketing career, resulting in many graduates and working professionals eyeing this career option.