Digital Marketing Salary for Freshers and Experienced Professionals In India 2022
Updated Fri, 18 Nov 2022 05:00 PM IST
There are many roles in the Digital marketing world where the earning standard is from 2LPA to 6LPA. With the beginner, fresher and professionals these salary numbers differ. This article further achieved a standard-defining role with Digital Marketing Salary for Freshers and Experienced Professionals In India 2022.
is performed with many skills including SEO, emails, PPC, 360 analytics and with content creation.
Ways to optimize these methods online and practice these roles for a professional business need a quicker and smart working professional.
Therefore, digital marketing professionals are required to work systematically to run a business.
There are many roles in the Digital marketing world where the earning standard is from ₹2LPA to ₹6LPA.
With the beginner, fresher and professionals these salary numbers differ.
This article further achieved a standard-defining role with Digital Marketing Salary for Freshers and Experienced Professionals In India 2022.
Click on how to become a Digital Marketing Specialist
The average salary of digital marketing freshers or beginners starts from ₹2 LPA- ₹3 LPA which is entry-level and it gradually increases from the position you are in or want to grab the job in varied roles of digital marketing.
Mainly the salary ranges from a fresher content writer to a fresher digital marketing manager stand out with a minimum starting of ₹2 LPA that variable from these categories:
1) Digital Marketing content writer: ₹2 LPA
2) Digital Marketing manager: ₹5 LPA
3) Digital Marketing Executive: ₹2.4 LPA
4)`: ₹2.6 LPA
5) Digital Marketing SEO: ₹1.8 LPA
6) Search Engine Marketing (SEM) specialist: ₹2.3 LPA
7) Social media manager (SMM): ₹2.4 LPA
8) Content Marketing Specialist: ₹2.3 LPA
9) PPC specialist: ₹1.9 LPA
10) Social Media Manager: ₹2 LPA
Specialist in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you excel at technical professions and have excellent analytical skills, search engine optimization employment can just up your career with a hike in your numbers.
The major purpose of a Search Engine Optimization Specialist is to produce targeted website traffic and have it rank on the top page of Google for relevant keywords.
A Search Engine Optimisation Specialist must be proficient in keyword research, SEO copywriting, and search engine algorithms and the utmost must rank the website on search engines.
Salary of a Search Engine Optimization Specialist
In India, a Search Engine Optimization Specialist with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of ₹3 LPA.
In India, Search Engine Optimization Specialists with 5 to 9 years of experience can expect to earn an average of ₹5 LPA.
SEO Analyst / Executive Job Role & Skills
• Search Engine Analysts must have a good understanding of Ranking Algorithms.
• Professionals must be proficient with Technical SEO
• Improving user experience and complying with Search Engine Guidelines.
• Identifying the most appropriate keywords for the business, and creating informational content around those keywords is a part of the job.
• Understanding various optimization tools like Search Console, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and Similarweb is important.
Analytical tools for performance measurement like Google Analytics, Omniture, or Comscore is an added advantage.
Continue reading about digital marketing-
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Expert
In 2022, one of the hottest digital marketing jobs was a pay-per-click analyst.
This job responsibility is necessary to have knowledge and skills to make a profit that is equal to or greater than the investment.
The organization will hire someone who can meet this requirement.
Companies focus on stretching their boundaries and attempting sponsored advertising after achieving organic outcomes.
You'll need a solid understanding of campaign creation as well as the psychology behind each meaningful click.
This will help you land a job as a PPC Analyst at a top firm.
Salary of a Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
In India, a PPC Analyst
with more than two years of experience may expect to earn around ₹2.9 LPA.
PPC Analyst Job Role & Skills
• A PPC Executive must have strong technical & analytical skills.
• Professionals are responsible for managing Paid Ad Campaigns on Google Ads – Search & Display, Bing & other Ad Networks.
• PPC specialists must also manage advertisement campaigns on Facebook, Linkedin, Quora & other Social Media Networks.
• The core job involves maintenance of keyword bids, monitoring daily & monthly budget and improving quality score
• Along with the above skills, the candidate with knowledge of using analytics tools like Google Analytics or other reporting tools is preferred.
Content Marketing Specialist:
Content Marketing Specialists are in charge of a company's overall content strategy and creation across all platforms.
Content is an important aspect of this work, as the title suggests.
You can succeed in this field of digital marketing if you have a way with words, are creative in general, and have excellent communication skills.
Pay for a Content Marketing Specialist-
In India, a Content Marketing Specialist with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of ₹5 LPA.
Content Marketing Managers with 5-9 years of experience in India can expect to earn an average of ₹9.3 LPA
Content Marketing Manager Job Role & Skills-
• Content Manager role involves creating, improving & promoting content to achieve our business goals.
• Content Marketing with the objective to raise brand awareness, increasing web traffic, and enhance conversion goals.
• Professionals must be able to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency, and a positive customer experience.
• Candidates are mostly in charge of the website content, blogs, copy, and all communication from and about the business.
• Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
Check- Top Digital Marketing Interview Questions- 2022 Guide
Digital Marketing Manager
Digital marketing managers plan and implement a company's whole online presence.
They use every digital marketing channel to promote a company's products and services with the primary goal of growing sales at a low cost.
A digital marketing manager should be knowledgeable in all aspects of the industry and up to date on the latest digital marketing trends.
Salary of a Digital Marketing Manager
In India, A Senior Digital Marketing Manager with over 5-9 years of experience in India earns between ₹10 LPA - ₹11 LPA
Digital Marketing Manager Job Role & Skills
A DM Manager should be an expert at managing various online marketing functions like SEM, PPC, SEO, Content Marketing, and Email Promotions.
These are some of the mandatory skills required to be a digital marketing professional and are a core of the job role.
Mentioned below is the list of activities done by the manager on a regular/daily basis.
• Planning, Organising & Executing digital marketing campaigns.
• Managing Paid Marketing Campaigns, budgeting & spends on a monthly/quarterly basis.
• Good understanding of SEO, targeting areas with high search volume, and optimum conversion ratio.
• Executive Social Media Campaign, Organic as well as Paid.
• DM Manager should be an expert in Performance Marketing.
• Measure performance on all digital marketing platforms and analyze against goals (ROI and KPIs).
• Discover market trends and insights, and optimize budget and performance based on the insights.
• DM Manager should be a presentable, well-spoken, marketing specialist, and should be updated with the current marketing trends.
He should be an expert with numbers, with a good business understanding.
Social Media Manager (SMM)
If you're a social media freak optimizer and won the hearts of many followers with just your profile then you may access a job role as social media manager. A company's full social media strategy is designed and executed by Social Media Manager Specialists.
Brands are paying professionals to push them to the top of their social media game, much as individuals use social media to showcase the best version of themselves.
You must maintain positive interaction and quality content (paid or organic) across all social media channels as a Social Media Marketing Specialist
Salary of a Social Media Manager
In India, The average salary for a Social Media Manager Specialist with fewer than 4 years of experience is ₹4 LPA and people with 5-9 years of experience can expect to earn an average of ₹10 LPA
Social Media Analyst/Executive Job Role & Skills
• Social Media executives must curate relevant & engaging content to reach the target audience.
• Design, create and execute campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Social Media Analyst is the face of the organization on Social Media Platforms.
• The job involves engaging in dialogues & answering queries when required.
• Implementation of a proactive strategy for capturing customer online reviews and ratings.
• Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
Search Engine Marketing Specialist:
Paid ads across all search engines and display networks are the responsibility of Search Engine Marketing Specialists.
If you're not afraid of numbers and have excellent analytical skills, search engine marketing might be appropriate for you.
For this job, you'll also need to be familiar with some technical skills, such as basic code, website design concepts, and a working knowledge of search engine algorithms.
Salary of a Search Engine Marketing Specialist
In India, a Search Engine Marketing Specialist with less than four years of experience earns an average of ₹2.3 LPA.
Additionally, in India, a Search Engine Marketing Specialist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average of ₹10 LPA.
Search Engine Marketing Specialist Job role & Skills:
- Search engine specialists must be known for pricing and costing on ads.
- Acquisition of traffic and audience analytics
- Search engine specialists must figure out the keyword's outstanding
- Search engine specialists must accurate budget calculations.
Digital Marketing Data Analyst
A Digital Marketing Data Analyst interprets data and transforms it into information that can be used to improve business choices.
Data analysts gather data from a variety of sources and analyse it for patterns and trends.
Analytics is one of the most technical digital marketing talents and one of the most important aspects of a digital marketing team.
Analytics shows a corporation if they're on the proper course and, as a result, allows them to see what's working and what isn't.
Salary of Digital Marketing Data Analyst
In India, a Digital Marketing Data Analyst with more than 2-3 years of expertise can earn a compensation of ₹5 LPA.
Digital Marketing Data Analyst job role & skills:
- Data Analysts recognise the loopholes by retrieving data.
- Analyse the data.
- Plan out the structure of the business for further planning.
- Measure KPIs with strategic planning.
Salary description according to job titles:
Salary Range Per Month
₹ 5,000 – ₹ 10,000
₹ 15,000 – ₹20,000
₹ 30,000 – ₹ 40,000
₹ 45,000 – ₹ 50,000
₹ 50,000 – ₹ 60,000
₹ 65,000 – ₹ 80,000
What components affect your Digital marketing salary?
Here are a few more factors that play an important role in how much you can make as a digital marketer in today’s market.
Experience plays a major role in how much you can expect from an employer in every industry.
Years of experience in this industry will only grant you a higher digital marketing salary and so on.
However, it’s no secret that employers also look for quantifiable wins and if you’re able to achieve them consistently, they would be more than willing to offer a salary boost for the same.
Just like we like those extra toppings on our ice cream sundaes, employers too, prefer applicants with added skills.
In the digital landscape, more digital skills translate to a higher digital marketing salary.
Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be a jack of all trades but you can surely equip skills that complement your specialization.
For example, a Social Media Marketer with copywriting, designing, and Paid media skills are much more appealing and valuable to an employer than just a social media marketer. Also, it is very important to learn these skills from a credible source so that your knowledge is not incomplete.
IIDE offers a 3-month Online Digital Marketing course which is led by industry experts.
This course offers all industry-relevant digital marketing skills & tools.
It also includes 100% placement assistance.
The bigger the agency or brand you work for, the higher your salary would be.
However, if you’re a fresher, we’d recommend working for a smaller firm first.
The pay might not be as appealing as it would be at a larger firm, but your learning curve in just 1 year in a small firm would be much greater.
Your digital marketing salary would increase as you make your way up the corporate world.
For example, a digital marketing manager
makes a lot more than a digital marketing executive as a digital marketing manager has a lot more responsibilities and expertise than an executive.
Before hiring a digital marketing agency, it’s important to first assess your company’s needs.
Do you need help with overhauling your content, implementing some SEO changes, or redesigning the UX for your website? Then you’ll want to evaluate your company’s own marketing skills, strengths, and capabilities to determine whether an agency and what type, can benefit your business.
Do you already have an in-house team that needs some help or is all of your marketing outsourced? Once you've asked these questions, you’ll have a better idea as to whether or not working with an agency is the right choice.
You’ll also know what kinds of digital marketing services your business needs.
We hope this blog helped you gain a little more perspective on whether you want to take on this career path. While the digital marketing salary is a definite bonus, there are many other benefits of a digital marketing career, resulting in many graduates and working professionals eyeing this career option.
In a world that is online 24/7, digital marketing is one of the best choices for the future. 56% of business owners are seeking digital expertise in the market, and the others are already online. A study in the Times of India stated that the digital marketing industry is on track to create 2.5 lakh jobs by the year 2022. Thus, it’s safe to say that digital marketing is a good career in India. To learn to grow your career enrol now in a digital marketing course.
The average digital marketing salary ranges from ₹3,00,000 to ₹12,00,000 per annum. As stated earlier, your digital marketing salary depends on your skill set, experience, and organization size. Some of the key technical skills required by a digital marketer are Data Analysis, Paid Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Visual Advertising. Digital marketing salary for freshers per month is approximately ₹21,585 in India.
The highest digital marketing salary you can make as an entry-level digital marketer would be around ₹3,00,000 to ₹4,00,000 per annum. With that being said, you can’t definitely single out the highest digital marketing salary. However, for the benefit of our readers, here are some of the highest paying digital marketing roles – Digital Media Managers, Pay-Per-Click Managers, SEO Specialists, Visual Designers, E-commerce Specialists, and more.
A typical digital marketing freelancer can rake up to ₹5,17,203 in India. A digital marketing freelancer’s salary can vary depending on the project size, client portfolio, work experience, and skill-set. As a freelancer, the amount you make will directly depend on how many hours you’re willing to put in a day.